Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

www.revitupracing.com event at Balmoral Park

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Thumbs up www.revitupracing.com event at Balmoral Park

I participated in the Chevrolet sponsored www.revitupracing.com event over in Crete, at Balmoral Park. Got to sit in some road racing tutorials, and then drive various cars. Very well organized and I would definitely do it again. They have a competition going with n/a automatic Cobalt SS cars as the car that everyone drives. I was surprised how badly I drove the car through the course. I got better the 2nd time but I was nowhere near MVR 155's (Mike K's) 30.xx lap time. I did a 36.xx the first time and a 34.xx the 2nd time. I may have hit cones I am not sure I did not realize there was a way to check. I guess you get penalized for that.

Anyone else go? I was in the blue LS1TECH polo shirt.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was there Saturday.

It was a great time!! Lots of seat time, and neat courses.
I was impressed at how well the Cobalts handle!
But I still liked driving the Corvettes best, that test drive course was fun.

My first competition lap was 35.4, but I learned to use the throttle more and improved to a 31.6 the second time.

Not bad for a drag racer that doesn't know squat about making turns!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there Saturday too. My competition times were at the 11:20 and 12:20 slots. I ran a 31.4 the first time and a 31.900 the second time. Each cone was a 2 second penalty. I had a great time and would not hesitate to do it again. I was wearing a bright yellow polo shirt and a pair of off white shorts. I was disappointed with the acceleration of the supercharged cobalts, but the handling on these vehicles(supercharged and N/A) was far above what I expected. I previously had a cavalier Z24 and the cobalts are years ahead of that in the handling department.

I picked up a few tidbits of info here and there in the lecture sessions, but for the most part it was stuff I already knew. It was just nice to finally hear a professional state the info to me. This was my first time ever doing any sort of twist N turn style driving...short of weaving in and out of cones in construction zones.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Yeah for $40 or $45 it was fun to push some cars around. I thought the 201 session with Loren Elmer was pretty good, the 101 with Rick Osorio was weak.

I was pretty impressed with the power of the 5.3 Impala, that would be a fun winter car for me.

Dustin (ChitownRacing) told me he did a 29.xx, pretty good!

Quick Reply: www.revitupracing.com event at Balmoral Park