Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 07:54 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've got the roadrunner and flash scan and LM-1... im spoiled now
Old 10-14-2006, 09:41 AM
7 Second Club

whew--- that night didnt go worth a damn..... i thought i'd be able to tune it at the track.... but theres no way ill be able to... not a long enought ride to log all the "correct" info....

ill be doing some high RPM romps today around the roads and parkway here....

ill be back next friday night with some big changes

sorry i didnt get to talk much shep... i was pretty frustrated the whole night... when i get my **** together (hopefully by next friday) i'll come chat with you some more and see if i can help you on yours...

Tyler
Old 10-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Teching In

i might try to come if i get my 81 z28 tuned tuesday at Gateway. It will be fun ride since it is a 80 miles trip with 4.11 rear end, no overdrive.

What class would I run in with MT ET Street legal wrinkle walls? I run about a low 12 in the quarter at gateway.

thanks
mike
Old 10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1981z28owner
i might try to come if i get my 81 z28 tuned tuesday at Gateway. It will be fun ride since it is a 80 miles trip with 4.11 rear end, no overdrive.

What class would I run in with MT ET Street legal wrinkle walls? I run about a low 12 in the quarter at gateway.

thanks
mike

your best bet would be to put on true radials (like the tires on a cadillac deville) and race that class.... yeah i have a th350 in mine with 4.10 gears... it tends to keep the rpms high
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Teching In

also, how do they classify the radial slicks from mickey thompson? My father has a set of his 74 that i could use? I may not make it now, but i will try or maybe come down next year.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:57 PM
7 Second Club

go here .... www.outlawten5.com it has all the class rules...
Old 10-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
whew--- that night didnt go worth a damn..... i thought i'd be able to tune it at the track.... but theres no way ill be able to... not a long enought ride to log all the "correct" info....

ill be doing some high RPM romps today around the roads and parkway here....

ill be back next friday night with some big changes

sorry i didnt get to talk much shep... i was pretty frustrated the whole night... when i get my **** together (hopefully by next friday) i'll come chat with you some more and see if i can help you on yours...

Tyler
Yeah man your VE table was very lumpy. I dont know much about efilive/roadrunner but if my hpt table was looking like that my car wouldn't even run. Your car sounded mean as hell and when u get it dialed in its going to be a screamer. The first couple passes I saw you make it was sounding like you were getting closer but then the last one I saw it was braking up bad at the far end.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98TA Bandit
Hey whats up man, you got that bad *** ta whos friends with the guy in the yellow c5, yeah i am the guy with that hood you want. Yeah i see you out there all the time.

hey, i see you post on here all the time, but didnt know it was you. still want to get rid of that hood?? shoot me a pm
Old 10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shep02SS
Yeah man your VE table was very lumpy. I dont know much about efilive/roadrunner but if my hpt table was looking like that my car wouldn't even run. Your car sounded mean as hell and when u get it dialed in its going to be a screamer. The first couple passes I saw you make it was sounding like you were getting closer but then the last one I saw it was braking up bad at the far end.

yeah it was bad night... i've got 1st gear dialed in good but in 2nd gear above 4k rpms... whew... its bad...

i'm also having problems keeping the car cool when just driving it around... i wont be able to make that street race friday night but ill be there to watch... my car idles at 210F* .... i gotta round up some money and get a bigger rad. and 2 fans.... latter this winter i should have it dialed in fairly well ... but right now i cant drive it long enough to do much to it without it getting very hot (245+ f*)
Old 10-15-2006, 10:07 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shep02SS
i thought it was funny to make a 200ft pass and hit 7.7x at 98mph with a 2.0 60ft

i expect no less than a 6.50 next year...

that last pass i drowned it fuel... i was kinda mad and shouldnt have made that last pass at all....

Quick Reply: Southern Il Street races.