Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

bad experience!! MN

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it alot. Its easy to use, and I have had good tech support when I have questions. When you do the headers and ORY I can remove the 02 codes and do any other tuning you want.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

DB performance knows his ****. My buddy took his 03 cobra there to have it tuned, and he did an excellent job. Guy is great on customer service as well. Buddies car took a ****, and dan gave them my buddy and his dad a ride back to rochester free of charge. Then he fixed the car, and got tuned out with a 2.2 kb it mad 560 hp and tq at the wheels. He now has LS1 tuning software, and soon as get my heads and cam probably going to him.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by transam69230
DB performance knows his ****. My buddy took his 03 cobra there to have it tuned, and he did an excellent job. Guy is great on customer service as well. Buddies car took a ****, and dan gave them my buddy and his dad a ride back to rochester free of charge. Then he fixed the car, and got tuned out with a 2.2 kb it mad 560 hp and tq at the wheels. He now has LS1 tuning software, and soon as get my heads and cam probably going to him.

your talking about shane correct????? i cant remember if he was the only guy up there that tuned of not!

thats nice to know too caue rogers is alot closer then buffalo....by at least 15 minutes....lol
Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

I have been tuning myself but I always had good luck at hitech and they built my new engine also.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Joe,
This is Randy from DRM, the guy in the office. After reading your post I have a few things to say. Here are some of the facts that I know.

You came in about 4-5 weeks ago from the time you posted this. Todd and myself were laughing with you about making a lifted truck fast. I personally go to the mud races and have been out rock crawling in AZ, Todd has worked on rock crawlers and stuff like that. So there shouldn't have been any hard feelings from us.

We put your truck on the dyno and ran it for a baseline. It was 15.1 air/fuel ratio. At that point Doug started to tune on the truck. 7 pulls later the Air/fuel ratio was perfect across the whole dyno run.

During the dyno process I think our company or myself even bought you lunch.

After we got your truck off the dyno we asked you to drive it around a little. Just to make sure that the tune was good. You came back happy, I did your bill for 300 dollars which is 250 dollars less then what we normally would charge. Because it tune pretty easy and didn't make that big of gains, 15 rwhp. At that point I felt that you were happy and didn't have any problems at all.

4-5 weeks later out of the blue you called Doug about some problems. At that point Doug said to bring it back out here so we could look at it again to correct the "problems". Then you started asking for your money back. And didn't want to work with us anymore. Well the fact is we did the work and you were happy for 4 or more weeks. Our company will not refund money 30 days later without seeing the truck.

Have a good day
Randy
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have herd bad things from all these places around. my experience is that if your nice to them and not try to scam them then most likely these places will go out of there way to help you. some of there employees might slack and not do things right but that goes for evey business in this world. (esp. in auto) i have been to hitech a couple of times and they have been really good. They are kinda pricey but you get what you pay for. just my .02
Old 12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Default Drm

I had my 01 vette tuned at DRM this fall. It was a down to earth place with a bunch of friendly faces. Everyone was happy to talk to me about future mods and made sure I was happy before leaving. You can't please everyone but they did offer to have you come back in. It's unfair for you to post something so negative without giving them a chance to look at your truck. I'll be back next fall after my winter nitrous/clutch project. Thanks DRM.
Darin
Old 07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

DRM has treated me with nothing but respect and courtesy. I had them instal and tune every mod on my procharged camaro and everything works great! The only thing that is going wrong is I can't keep a good fuel pump up to pressure for more than a year..
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jeffrey G
DRM has treated me with nothing but respect and courtesy. I had them instal and tune every mod on my procharged camaro and everything works great! The only thing that is going wrong is I can't keep a good fuel pump up to pressure for more than a year..
Great job digging up a year and a half old post.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maddboost
Great job digging up a year and a half old post.
You like it? It's my specialty!

Quick Reply: bad experience!! MN