Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

1998 Trans Am owned/modded by GMR SPEED for under $10K 440+ RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Trans Am owned/modded by GMR SPEED for under $10K 440+ RWHP

Sorry its not a turbo car

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A WS6 or 6 SPEED CAR I DO HAVE A WS6 hood available for the car and can work something out to swap the trans out for ya at extra cost [VERY CHEAP, PM for details]!!!!!!!!

I am selling my daily driver 1998 Pontiac Trans Am, A4 . I have only owned it a few months but I have a few other things I am working on so this bad boy has to go.

Mods are as follows:
- Flowtech painted longtube headers w/ off road Ypipe feeding into a SLP Loudmouth. [ I know some people may not like this combo, and if needed I will give a killer price on a new catback and install it for free if a buyer would like, for me its not that bad. ]
- LS6 intake
- Motorsports air lid

- NOS 05177 dry kit converted to a wet single nozzle kit, tuned for a 150 shot, activated through a MSD window switch. There is also a purge and NOS bottle heater hooked up.

The car makes 329 RWHP and 347 RWTQ off of the spray on the nitrous tune.

On the spray the car makes 445 RWHP and 536 RWTQ [Jetted for a 150 shot safely and on pump gas]

- Walboro 255lph intank fuel pump was installed in place of the stock pump to ensure enough fuel to the 150 shot.
- 3.42 Motive gears with an Eaton Posi unit were installed here at GMR, covered the diff with a TA girdle, whisper quiet and the 10 bolt does not leak a drop [Fluid shown in pics is from when I first got the car and the rear diff was puking all over.]

(Mind some of the mess under the car, damn dusty roads due to contruction over here)
- B&M shift kit.

The car has run a best NA time of 12.98 @ 108 MPH, on the spray the car has run 11.7@122 MPH, with a stall convertor and some small suspension mods the car should get very close to 10's. the 11.7 @ 122 was accomplished on a stock stall and leaving the line on stock power as the nitrous does not come on until 3200 RPM and turns off at 6000 RPM to be sure we did not hurt the transmission.
The car does have a LS6 block in it, which is obviously a service block since it is a 98 but I honestly do not know when it was put in, I called a GM dealer and they don't have a service record on it, maybe a carfax can help out, Im not sure. the odometer shows just over 117K.
The car runs GREAT getting 24 MPG on the highway ... when you keep your foot out of it.
Everything works great, AC needs to be recharged, I will take care of that before the car is sold.
There is one small dent/scratch on the drivers side door, that was poorly repaired that I am having my body shop fix.

I am asking $9750 , no reasonable offer will be refused, shoot me a PM for whatever you may have in mind.
If you are interested but really want a 6 speed or a ram air, I am sure I can work something out to do a 6 speed swap pretty cheap and I do have a ram air hood sitting here in primer, $350 unpainted or $550 painted, I WILL ONLY SELL IT WITH THE CAR.

Also whoever buys the car be eligible for some pretty hefty discounts on merchandise and work through the shop if you do buy the car

Thanks,
Leo
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Here are some more pics:

Old 11-28-2006, 10:21 AM
chronic masturbator

what the hell are you doing?!?!?!? im only allowed to sell my car not you anyways bump for a clean car!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Suspended Sponsor

ttt.....its been a couple days, shoot me some offers people