Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

speed inc??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drviveatransam
'94 Camry V6 LE
people at speed inc. even have expirience fixing these cars j/k was journeymen toyota mechanic myself. Jim was a Lexus tech while ago.

Originally Posted by matt D
Larry & Tom are great..
Don't feel that comment was warrented, specially from a moderator (?) (former moderator?) If you have a problem Matt give us a call. Don't hold it in.

IIRC the only issue you had Matt was a misunderstanding what was included with a basic tune?

Last edited by LASTLS1; 12-08-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really wish Speed didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth because Tom is a Great guy, i really mean that, but i haven't spoken or done biz with them in 2 yrs because of issues that were not in Tom's hands at the time. but he did a fantastic job of straightening things out and really went the extra mile to make sure i was satisfied! it's a shame too because i spent almost 5 figures with them and have spent that twice over since, but i change my mind a lot too.

on a side note, i'd really like to see how things are going in person now with all the positive feedback i've seen in the last year. i'd also like to attend their open house for once too because that looks like a BLAST!!!

bottom line, i'd say give Speed a try or Outlaw even. both owners are great guys to talk to and will give you the time of day.

ps.........i always liked John, so i don't know if that comment from Matt was serious or not.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've always gotten top notch service with them!!!

Gear installs, converters, tuning, valvetrain, everything they have done for the Des Moines guys I know has went very well.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:01 AM

best speed shop around

BARNONE
Old 12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my gears done there. I talked with Larry and he got me in faster then what my app. was for. Larry is awsome. When i went there and paid for it all, the 2 sales guys were just that, SALES GUYS. Didnt help out at all and i asked a few question about torque arms and they really knew nothing about it, just picked out the most expensive one and told me to buy it. They seem to not know anything really. I dropped $700 and asked for a speed inc. sticker and they said it was $10. lol. My rearend leaked when i got it back and they put my old gears in my back seat so when i got in my car it smelled like old *** gear oil.

To sum it up: ONLY talk to Larry, hes the man for sure! Im not gonna hold anything against them, maby the mechanic was having a bad day, i know i have them. But the 2 sales guys were retards. Like cheesy used sales men tryin to sell a grandma a lifted desil truck, lol.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:32 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 1995z28camaro
I was wondering if anyone has done any business with them, im interested in gettin some gears for christmas and im tryin to figure out the cost to get them installed, i emailed som1 there but have gotten no response, so if anyone has gotten gears installed there or have done any other business there to let me know if they're a good shop
im looking at the thunder racing gear package w/ gears, install kit, fluids and diff cover, so i was wondering if by having some of these things would cause the install to be cheaper?
Yea this time of year is busy. I've been doing business with them since I bought my car in 2002. Really a great bunch of guys.
A LOT of businesses come and go, Speed has been around for a while. It's because they do a good job and go out of their way to make people happy, and NO you can't make everyone happy. TRUST ME!

Anyways, I'm VERY **** with my car, and they are the only people who have touched my 8 second 7,000 mile car. Good luck! Andy.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Best shop around, hands down.

They have done basically everything that is done to my car right now. I am 100% satisfied.

Thanks Larry & Speed Inc.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser@speedinc
Don't feel that comment was warrented, specially from a moderator (?) (former moderator?) If you have a problem Matt give us a call. Don't hold it in.

IIRC the only issue you had Matt was a misunderstanding what was included with a basic tune?
No I was happy with my tune. My issue was with the charges that were put on my debit card without authorizing Jon to use it for other Outlaw Motorsports customers, and it didn't happen only once. Andy (LastLS1) just asked me about it and I told him through PMs. I am not gonna make a long post about it & talk ****. It is done & over with. Larry & Tom will continue to get my business, but I will only deal with them.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
I had my gears done there. I talked with Larry and he got me in faster then what my app. was for. Larry is awsome. When i went there and paid for it all, the 2 sales guys were just that, SALES GUYS. Didnt help out at all and i asked a few question about torque arms and they really knew nothing about it, just picked out the most expensive one and told me to buy it. They seem to not know anything really. I dropped $700 and asked for a speed inc. sticker and they said it was $10. lol. My rearend leaked when i got it back and they put my old gears in my back seat so when i got in my car it smelled like old *** gear oil.

To sum it up: ONLY talk to Larry, hes the man for sure! Im not gonna hold anything against them, maby the mechanic was having a bad day, i know i have them. But the 2 sales guys were retards. Like cheesy used sales men tryin to sell a grandma a lifted desil truck, lol.

agreed

thats why I liked Mike Lajoya or dealing with tom/larry direct even pat was good to deal with.

All of them never tried to sell me parts I didnt need (like header bolts) and yeah they through stuff in like stickers (which in turn is cool for us to have but also advertises their business)
Old 12-08-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt D
I am not gonna make a long post about it & talk ****. It is done & over with. Larry & Tom will continue to get my business, but I will only deal with them.

agreed!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
liqour enthusiest

they always gave me stickers for free when i bought stuff from there. i have one on my car and the rest i gave out to my buddys and they put them on their cars.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

stickers make your car faster, lol. So do cowl hoods, lol.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ donky?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club

Larry is very cool shot him an email and he will respond quickly or go with my guys at straightline 1-815-485-7741 ask for Mike
Old 12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vipermike2002
I had my suspension done there. Larry answerd my emails fast!

Old 12-11-2006, 05:20 AM
10 Second Club

I have had good experiences with Larry. His communication is excellent and he is very helpful. He is a good guy outside of work too.
They are 5 minutes from my house so they new parts I order, I order from them.
The shop has had almost every part I ordered except for one or two things.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

I dont know, they have always been nice and responsive everytime i go there.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

dont know about that but Larry is very cool
Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

swing!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn i never got a sticker..even after i spent $4000plus for my tranny done by them..Whose gonna give me a couple..
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

just had speed inc. install qtp headers off road y weld in subframs and control arms. talk to larry hes very helpful any issues I did have i emailed him and he made things right. good shop. I will be going back hopfully in a few months for head/cam

Quick Reply: speed inc??