Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

All You Rex Haters Read This!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007 | 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by got V-8?
Everyone and their momma knows the NFC will not win the superbowl. Whoever the champion may be it will be frrom the AFC. They have better teams and no one can argue that, on wild card sunday the records of the afc teams are 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 9-7 while on the nfc side its 10-6, 9-7, 9-7, and for god sakes 8-8...with better teams comes better game experience. . Please no one get bent out of shape i just love to talk football and could do it all day lol.

Oh and since we are talkin football i think ill throw this in there...GO BUCKS KICK GATOR ***!!!@!@

there are only 2 wild card teams in each confrence.
Old 01-04-2007 | 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
there are only 2 wild card teams in each confrence.

Thanks for the info..as if i didn't know their was 2 wild card teams in each conference ...each of the 2 teams have to play somebody if i recall...
Old 01-04-2007 | 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's hope for the best and that we get by the first playoff game which will be against the weakest seeded team in the NFC and if we win that and get into the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP anything can happen as far as getting to the SUPERBOWL. If they make the Superbowl i think they will get their asses kicked as they are going into the playoffs with the worst possible momentum and Grossman 0% QB RATING and AFC teams are much stronger!! One thing we have going for us is that so far this year when Grossman plays like complete crap and has a ton of pressure on him to perform in the next game (like a month ago after the Vikings game) he has responded in a positive way and I HOPE that trend continues.

The way the Bears defense has performed the last 1/4 of the season and after the Teams **** performance against the Packers (albeit in a meaningless game) they are not looking very good right now, and I hope they can get there **** together to win two playoff games and reach the promise land. However, I am not very confident right now that they can win the NFC Championship against a team like the SAINTS or even the EAGLES and I HOPE I am wrong (but do think they will win their first playoff game agant the Giants (who suck) the Cowboys (who suck) and the Seahawks (who make me a litte nervous)!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go Bears!
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:42 AM
vette=lack of penis

I am still a believer in Rex. If we can keep people healthy this year and the next couple of years to come the Bears will be dominant. I am a real Bears fan not like the 1000's that have jumped on the bandwagon because of a glipse of greatness. GO BEARS

Lovie Smith for President!
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

Rex plays similar to Brett Favre, He is always slinging the ball to the other team. Turn overs = Loss, They will need a lot more than defense to make it to the bowl.
Old 01-05-2007 | 01:57 AM
Launching!

wow! comparing him to farve, hmmmmmmmm
Old 01-05-2007 | 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tonic

yeah I dont know about that one.

Favre is regarded one of the best by, sports critics, fan and statistics. He ranks with Dan Marino
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ibanez7
yeah I dont know about that one.

Favre is regarded one of the best by, sports critics, fan and statistics. He ranks with Dan Marino

I am a HUGE Bears fan and don't like the Packers, but even mentioning Grossman in the same sentence with FAVRE is a complete joke. 10 years from now after GROSSMAN has started 200 plus games without a miss (instead of his current streak of 18 or so) and has WON a Superbowl (like Favre) and has proven to be a hall of fame QB (very doubtful), then we can compare him to FAVRE who is one of the greatest hall of fame QBs of all time from both an ironman durability and statistical standpoint.

I hope Grossman turns out to be an above average QB or even better and only time will tell but; however, I think he is too short and too immobile to become a Great QB in the NFL, and will be a good QB at best after another year or two in the NFL.

Last edited by MTI 427 C5 Roadster; 01-05-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2007 | 12:57 PM
Launching!

lets not forget farve has a ring too
Old 01-05-2007 | 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by goodrich969
maybe if the defense shows up and tank dosent kill anyone

lol, Good ol' Tank Johnson
Old 01-05-2007 | 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Hopefully the UFO over the Airport was there to beam Rex up for you Bears fans sake. Rex said in a conference he basically quit becasue new years was on his mind and he was only going to play quater anyway. That coming from a below average quaterback. Think maybe he should work on tuning his game a little before playoffs ? What a loser. I want that guy leading my offense in a playoff situation.
No way the Bears make it past the first playoff round. The only team they would stand a chance against is the Giants and they will be slaughtered by the Eagles. Your good defense has gotten you this far. So goodluck you dislutional Bears fan, goodluck.
Old 01-05-2007 | 03:01 PM
Banned

At least we didn't give up the 7th highest rushing average in history

I bet "Larry Johnson" is a bad word in Indy this week! Think he'll break 200 yards this weekend? I think so..
Old 01-05-2007 | 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
lol, Good ol' Tank Johnson
Lol you like that. Its true!!
Old 01-05-2007 | 04:43 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Payton and now Farve. I have NO idea what they are comparing to those two quarterbacks??????????????????????????????
Old 01-05-2007 | 06:14 PM
Launching!

got me
Old 01-05-2007 | 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tonic
The fact that he throws the ball up for grabs, can be compared to Favre, they both throw some pretty good ***** to the other team. In no way was I comparing the good qualities only pointing out the bad. Go Bears!!!!
Old 01-08-2007 | 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Schultzp85
FROM CHICAGO BEARS.COM

Larry: I am so tired of people bashing Rex Grossman. We have to understand that this is really his rookie season as a player. How many interceptions did Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer throw in their first full seasons at the helm? I think that we’ll be mentioning Rex’s name along with those two in years to come.

Bryan R.
Okinawa, Japan

Bryan: Rex Grossman’s statistics are very similar to those of Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer in their first full seasons as starting quarterbacks. In fact, Grossman had a better passer rating (73.9) and threw fewer interceptions (20) than Manning (71.2 passer rating with 28 interceptions) did while starting all 16 games as a rookie with the Indianapolis Colts in 1998. Carson Palmer threw 18 interceptions while compiling a 77.3 passer rating in his first full season as a starter with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2004. Grossman passed for 3,193 yards and 23 TDs, while Manning threw for 3,739 yards and 26 TDs and Palmer amassed 2,897 yards and 18 TDs.
Its about time, ive been preaching about comparing his season to Mannings since day one. Dont expect a SB win this year guys, but give it some time to get some consistency going.
Dan
Old 01-08-2007 | 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ibanez7
i hate grossman, for every good game he has 2 bad games. Plus I hate the excuses he makes for each game.

However I do agree, this is his rookie year on the field and he will only get better. But he will not lead the bears to winning a superbowl. Yes his potential is great but its not superbowl materail this year and right now they need a superbowl quaterback if they want to win the big game!
Actually for every 1 bad game he has he has 2 good games. He doesn't make excuses or blame anyone else either. He always takes the blame as he should. He'll get better. The Bears defense scares me in the playoffs though, they didn't look good in either of their last two apperances. Not to mention the last few games have been bad. Their pass defense should look better though with both starting corner backs in the game.
Old 01-08-2007 | 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

some of your people comments are soooo freaking retarded, i dont even understand your logic around your comments.. Your expecting a guy who has played 18 or 19 games to be HALL OF FAME in only is first real year... NO BODY EVER IS!!!!!!! SO STOP COMPARING HIM TO THE BEST!! THEY WHERE NOT GOOD THEIR FIRST YEARS EITHER!!!!!!! Im not worried about grossman at all this sunday, He is going to do his job maybe 200 yards 1 td and 0 ints, the bears are gonna run the ball w/ T Jones and Benson, and the D is gonna step up and just shut the Seagals << haha .. Down... you all need to CALM THE **** DOWN!!!

just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: All You Rex Haters Read This!