Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone just getting tickets in the mail

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Default Anyone just getting tickets in the mail

I have not gotten pulled over, but twice in the last twelve months I have had tickets mailed to me... one for the Z06 not having a front plate, and the other for the Formy not having a front plate and having tinted windows. Well the Formy does not have tinted windows so I will fight that one. Best I can figure is that CPD squad cars write my plate down while they are in traffic going the other way, or those contract ticket writers are writing it down... Annoying.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope never gotten a ticket just in the mail... but since chicago's doing it it's just a matter of time until this idea start spreading like a virus through the rest of illinois (at least northern) ... between Daley and blagayabitch it's no wonder Illinois is Little Commifornia lol
Old 01-28-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go to court and tell them to prove it....but thats me and I like making other peoples lives difficult...F THEM
Old 01-28-2007, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Best I can figure is that CPD squad cars write my plate down while they are in traffic going the other way, or those contract ticket writers are writing it down... Annoying.
This is gay. Chicago is sinking to a new low all the time. Glad I almost never need to drive into that city.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Interesting but I can't see burning up 2-3 hours for traffic court over a $50 ticket over !front plate when it was not on the car. I'm going to put it back on the Formy actually, I never got tickets in that car except for the occasional 95 in a 55.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I recieved a !front plate ticket from Mid-Oct at the beginning of december in the mail.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow thats pretty gay! I wonder if I'll be seeing one in the mail sometime soon...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Do they have cameras mounted at the intersections?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Do they have cameras mounted at the intersections?
yeah i got one for turning left as the light turned red. you can see my nose hairs in the picture $90
Old 01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

theres a fine line between protecting drivers, and creating money generators...

Illinios has done a great job in creating money generators while leading the masses into thinking its for safetey.

I wear my seat belt all the time, but a state that enforces seat belts but not motorcyles helmets just looks like an asinine states poor effort to create more money.

Its the same with the use of cameras and tolls. I originally tolls where supposed to be temporary, until the price of registration increased from $48 to $78. Well that price hike happend and we still have tolls.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I think thats really only something they do in Chicago, never heard of it happening in the suburbs except those red light cameras.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Letsndy
yeah i got one for turning left as the light turned red. you can see my nose hairs in the picture $90

haha i got the same one... i live in the shaumburg area and i turned right on a red and yup a few weeks later i get a ticket w/ pictures of me clear as can be... this city is going down.. fast
Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I don't see how I can get a ticket from a camera for no front plate, so it's either a passing CPD car or a roving ticket writer.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

They have those redlight cameras in Council Bluffs IA (Omaha Nebraska area) and the locals hate them...so much so, they are a favorite target of paint ball and BB guns. They tried a couple in Omaha, and within a month one had its lenses painted over with a nice think coat of black spray paint. And the other was removed from the pole via a couple of slugs from a 12 gauge shotgun. Omaha is extremely conservative and big brother is not welcomed here. Defense contractors (from what little I know about the whole thing) own those camera's and get a piece of every ticket issued as payment. So it's free money for the city.

Sounds like you boys in Chicago need a little target practice. It works best at about 3am, and I highly recommend you have a few lookouts.

*this post is for amusement purposes only*
Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Teching In

We can fight them pretty easily in Cleveland-I am not sure how difficult it would be for you to fight it.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by ibanez7
theres a fine line between protecting drivers, and creating money generators...

Illinios has done a great job in creating money generators while leading the masses into thinking its for safetey.

I wear my seat belt all the time, but a state that enforces seat belts but not motorcyles helmets just looks like an asinine states poor effort to create more money.

Its the same with the use of cameras and tolls. I originally tolls where supposed to be temporary, until the price of registration increased from $48 to $78. Well that price hike happend and we still have tolls.
Yea that's a good one!!! I got a ticket for not having a seat belt on. As the cop is writing the ticket I point out a guy driving by on his motorcycle ,in shorts , sun glasses and a tank top! Mind you I'm sitting in my one ton crew cab diesel truck with air bags! Something is really wrong with that picture.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Yea that's a good one!!! I got a ticket for not having a seat belt on. As the cop is writing the ticket I point out a guy driving by on his motorcycle ,in shorts , sun glasses and a tank top! Mind you I'm sitting in my one ton crew cab diesel truck with air bags! Something is really wrong with that picture.
I agree. I never wear my seatbelt, even after my accident, but I always wear my helmet when I am on my bike. The laws are getting rediculous. If you get a ticket for tint or no front plate, the second time it is a moving violation.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I was a longtime non-seatbelt guy but the last ticket for it was $50 or something like that, not worth it.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
haha i got the same one... i live in the shaumburg area and i turned right on a red and yup a few weeks later i get a ticket w/ pictures of me clear as can be... this city is going down.. fast
yeah, mine was in the city. kedzie and fullerton. its a messed up light. you get a left arrow after the green not before. and i snoozed, by the time i turned it turned red and walla! ticket in the mail with pictures so clear you wouldnt believe
Old 01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fast SS on TNT

*this post is for amusement purposes only*

Quick Reply: Anyone just getting tickets in the mail