Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Dont Use Pacesetters on GTO's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z11375ss
Couldn't you see the header would catch the rack on fire? Why would you give a guy his car back w/ that kind of a defect. No offense, but that's just a crap job.
Straightline didnt mess the car up another shop did.....
Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

My bad. I didn't really read carefully. Your right it says another shop did it. So what the heck were those guys thinking?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

NBMZ,
why do you fail to say that you knew about this issue from a previous time that the car was at straightline. and that the owner was aware of the problem and yet you still put it on the dyno knowing it will be a problem. does a smaller boot or wrap ring a bell? but i'm not going to join the bandwagon and point fingers all the time as OTHER shops do.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sleeperz28
Straightline didnt mess the car up another shop did.....
It had nothing to do with you, so there is no need for you to make a comment like that. None!

Nobody at Outlaw "messed it up" The headers were installed & the customer was well aware of the issue from Pacesetter. He still continued to have his car dyno tuned disregarding the warning given by Tony. The guys at Stragithline were well aware of the issue as well.

**I am neutral in this whole thing as I had nothing to due with the install. I work for Tony but am good friends with the guys at Straigthline, and even had work done on my personal car by them. I am just tired of seeing people bad mouthing shops when they have NOTHING to do with what happened in this particular case. This is not a shop vs shop thread. The original intentions were to bring about the issue about Pacesetters on a GTO, not a particular shop. Everyone do me a favor...THINK before you type. If you have nothing to do with it, leave the smartass comments out of it.

Last edited by Matt D; 02-23-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Tenured Member

thats crazy I spoke to Dennis and he's pretty upset . This is the same car that was leaking like crazy before the world of wheels also. Somebody told one of my guys at the world of wheels he worked on the car. Glad I found Straightline when I did.
Unless this is from you then please refrain from making comments like he said she said.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Tenured Member

It was stressed every time he called that we need to fix those boots because I didnt want his rack to get ruined. When he stopped by monday I told him the same thing we need to fix it, dont worry about the injectors right now. This is his daily driver so he didnt have time I guess. Hes leaving to go out of state and needed the car tuned since mike is no longer with us he had it tuned at straightline. This isnt anyones fault. Pacesetter has already admitted to what is wrong and offers new designed headers or a credit towards another one of their products.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
NBMZ,
why do you fail to say that you knew about this issue from a previous time that the car was at straightline. and that the owner was aware of the problem and yet you still put it on the dyno knowing it will be a problem. does a smaller boot or wrap ring a bell? but i'm not going to join the bandwagon and point fingers all the time as OTHER shops do.
We were not aware it wasnt fixed, when the coolant leak and where ever the transfluid was coming from was fixed I assumed that would be fixed to. I didnt know that you guys didnt fix something that we told you about. Dennis didnt tell us that it wasnt fixed, and I never had the car in the air to look over it a second time. I was the one that told dennis to tell you guys that it needed to be wrapped or something needed to be done about it because it would melt thru, so yes it does ring a bell I didnt work on the car other then putting the right sized injectors and installing a fuel system to work with the blower. Not once was in on a lift except the time he had brought it here after leaving your shop when it was leaking. I'm not trying to get in a pissing match with it, not once did I say it was yours, there's no stickers on the car that says its yours either...

Besides everything, Pacesetter should've been the one taking care of the situation and telling everyone that their headers dont fit. Its known on the GTO boards, and they're not produced till they're fixed to my knowledge now. We'll throw a new set of boots on the rack, a set of Kooks Headers, and get the car tuned & backed to Dennis when we can'

Oh yea, Javi, didnt you just point fingers? And I think you're the only one in the thread that did
Old 02-24-2007, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....alot of back and forth here. i think the main thing is the warning about clearance issues. also, you might want to wash that car with clean water soon, that dust likes to scratch, ask one of the firefighters i work with...lol
Old 02-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
Wow....alot of back and forth here. i think the main thing is the warning about clearance issues. also, you might want to wash that car with clean water soon, that dust likes to scratch, ask one of the firefighters i work with...lol
Yeah its already washed and under a car cover till the new headers get here
Old 02-24-2007, 09:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Hopefully Pacesetter will get this serious design flaw corrected immediately. Thanks for bringing this flaw to everyones attention. Obviously this wouldn't of happened if the headers were correctly designed. Bob
Old 02-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

hi bob
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
hi bob
Good morning! Bob
Old 02-24-2007, 08:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt D
It had nothing to do with you, so there is no need for you to make a comment like that. None!

Nobody at Outlaw "messed it up" The headers were installed & the customer was well aware of the issue from Pacesetter. He still continued to have his car dyno tuned disregarding the warning given by Tony. The guys at Stragithline were well aware of the issue as well.

**I am neutral in this whole thing as I had nothing to due with the install. I work for Tony but am good friends with the guys at Straigthline, and even had work done on my personal car by them. I am just tired of seeing people bad mouthing shops when they have NOTHING to do with what happened in this particular case. This is not a shop vs shop thread. The original intentions were to bring about the issue about Pacesetters on a GTO, not a particular shop. Everyone do me a favor...THINK before you type. If you have nothing to do with it, leave the smartass comments out of it.
I know Dennis...you dont know me I can respond to whatever I want. I was up there today with Dennis at Straightline. But the situation is over and his car is at a shop that will have him running RELIABLE and SAFE.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
Unless this is from you then please refrain from making comments like he said she said.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Retired Street Racer

I know Dennis...you dont know me I can respond to whatever I want. I was up there today with Dennis at Straightline. But the situation is over and his car is at a shop that will have him running RELIABLE and SAFE.
And I know Dennis too. He is dating my sister-in-law's best friend. I just talked to him on Monday. Your point?

Like I said, this thread was about the Pacesetters, not Outlaw or Straightline. Thanks for ruining it. Do you race your car? I have a Camaro. Wanna lock something in for when the snow melts?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
9 Second Club

I ruined it....yea ok PM sent about racing

Last edited by 02sleeperz28; 02-24-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Retired Street Racer

PMed you back. Typical to ask me for land and the leave from my daily driven stock longblocked car...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
9 Second Club

you asked me to race...and I know what I need either take it or leave it, Im not new too this...
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Old 02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Retired Street Racer

you asked me to race...and I know what I need either take it or leave it, Im not new too this...
PMed you back again. I'm not new to this either.

If you keep it on a street tire, I'll give you the hit because I am on a drag radial. Nothing else but a lane right next to me!

Quick Reply: Dont Use Pacesetters on GTO's...