Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Michigan tuner recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well with all of the feed back I'm narrowed it to 2 Katech & Livernois.

Thanks for all the info guys!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

Does anyone know the phone # or address for C.A.R.S? I would like to get a dyno tune there? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non sponsor info removed.

Last edited by unit213; 03-14-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARCTICWHITE98Z28
Does anyone know the phone # or address for C.A.R.S? I would like to get a dyno tune there? Thanks.
See post #33 for requested info.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Horrible tune from Livernois!! Ran unbelievably rich, poor power, worse drivability. Grand total of about an hour spent tuning my car, how good of a tune could you possibly do in an hour?? Kirk from Vector(APE) retuned my car, ran much better than on the Livernois tune. Picked up about 30HP through the entire power curve, and the best part..... I could let my car idle without having raw gas dripping from the exhaust. Livernois crap dyno tune was $650. Vector excellent dyno tune was $400. Shady or not, Kirk knows what he is doing.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 94strokedz
Horrible tune from Livernois!! Ran unbelievably rich, poor power, worse drivability. Grand total of about an hour spent tuning my car, how good of a tune could you possibly do in an hour?? Kirk from Vector(APE) retuned my car, ran much better than on the Livernois tune. Picked up about 30HP through the entire power curve, and the best part..... I could let my car idle without having raw gas dripping from the exhaust. Livernois crap dyno tune was $650. Vector excellent dyno tune was $400. Shady or not, Kirk knows what he is doing.

First off,

I spoke with Dan and if it was the car in your signature, he doesn't remember tuning any car like that. I find it very hard to believe and almost impossible gas would be dripping from the exhaust. I'm pretty sure the car would catch on fire?

Dan Millen has been tuning cars his whole life and has NEVER left 30HP on the table with ANY car, especially Naturally Aspirated. Dan does tune conservative, however he uses his judgement to give the customer the absolute best tune he can while still maintaining power, drivability, and most important, reliability.

If a customer has a Dyno Tune done and comes back a week later and isn't happy with any minor thing in the tune, Dan has no problem fixing it.

If you were truley that unhappy with your tune, how come we never recieved any form of contact from you? People will always spread stories about every company in the business. However as you can judge from the replies in this thread, Dan is one of the best tuners in the South Eastern Michigan area.

Chad @ Livernois Motorsports
Old 03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

PM sent.
Originally Posted by Chad@LivernoisMotors
First off,

I spoke with Dan and if it was the car in your signature, he doesn't remember tuning any car like that. I find it very hard to believe and almost impossible gas would be dripping from the exhaust. I'm pretty sure the car would catch on fire?

Dan Millen has been tuning cars his whole life and has NEVER left 30HP on the table with ANY car, especially Naturally Aspirated. Dan does tune conservative, however he uses his judgement to give the customer the absolute best tune he can while still maintaining power, drivability, and most important, reliability.

If a customer has a Dyno Tune done and comes back a week later and isn't happy with any minor thing in the tune, Dan has no problem fixing it.

If you were truley that unhappy with your tune, how come we never recieved any form of contact from you? People will always spread stories about every company in the business. However as you can judge from the replies in this thread, Dan is one of the best tuners in the South Eastern Michigan area.

Chad @ Livernois Motorsports
Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 PM

I know this thread is dead, but are any of these tuners any good with trucks? Or, willing for that matter?

I have an '01 Silverado with the 5.3L - Pacesetter LT's - ORY pipe- Cat Delete- CAI

I prefer to dyno tuning instead of mail order.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Launching!

I know Dan has tuned ALOT of trucks. Give livernois a call, they did a great job on my tune.

313-561-5500

Quick Reply: Michigan tuner recommendations