Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

beware of METRO TRANS bensenville IL

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default beware of METRO TRANS bensenville IL

Should I confront them with what I found? Maybe make them buy me the proper bolts that were missing.

I bought my car a year and a half ago from a friend and he had the trans rebuilt at Metro Trans in bensenville IL.
The trans blew out 2nd gear after 14,000 mi. I just pulled the trans out this weekend to get it redone and I found some fishy things. Only 7 out of 9 bellhousing bolts were there, and the dipstick tube mounting bolt was gone. The torque converter bolts were some custom made ones. They were cut down to shorten the length and someone used a grinder to round shorten the depth of the hex head, so they wouldn't stick out too far(who knows what grade they are). The torq vert bolts also had spring style lock washers on them.

When the trans came down I felt a broken bolt loose in the bellhousing. When I bought the car there is a receipt for them changing the flex plate too. I sure hope they didn't monkey that job too. It was getting late so I forgot to look, but I keep you posted. That would be very bad if a flex plate to crank bolt is broken.

I know I'm not going to be able to get them to fix the trans, no gaurantee after this much time. Anyone ever have a problem like this?

Quick Reply: beware of METRO TRANS bensenville IL