Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Street racing in IL=revoked licence?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
There are quite a few instances where the cops have been cool and let everyone go.

I've personally been let go once, with nothing more than a ticket for "squealing tires at a red light". Damn I was lucky.

Been with friends quite a few times over the years who were let go as well.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
There are quite a few instances where the cops have been cool and let everyone go. Certain cities/townships are stricter than others, but it's not worth it to find out. I have too much to lose nowadays to ever race again on the street.

Me to as well

I just cruise now and save the speed for the track. Of course I rip on the highway on ramps, but thats it.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
Yeah my friend Jake got his Talon taken away to never see it again. When I got arrested for street racing and a lot more the cops kept threatening that I wouldn't get it back but luckily I used to live right across the street from the DA so he told me he'd let me have it back. So yeah, I lucked out. But after I got arrested all the city cops were like, "God your stupid, don't you know that street racing is supposed to be done out in the country." I mean I can understand if someone else said that, but cops telling me that it's ok as long as I do it in the country. C'mon they're idiots. Not to mention the cop asked why I had an intake and muffler sitting in the trunk. Well obviously I planned on putting them on the car.
That racing out in the country stuff is BS. I remember after I got my Civic and had some of my parts on it, a bunch of us took cars out down the road that Joyslin's lived on. A couple guys ran and it was like an ambush, spot lights kicked on all around us, we all scattered and one of the guys in a red CRX ended up sliding into a ditch. I think he was the only one that didn't get away.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TR GTO
That racing out in the country stuff is BS. I remember after I got my Civic and had some of my parts on it, a bunch of us took cars out down the road that Joyslin's lived on. A couple guys ran and it was like an ambush, spot lights kicked on all around us, we all scattered and one of the guys in a red CRX ended up sliding into a ditch. I think he was the only one that didn't get away.
haha Ricer X I forgot about that deusche. I hated that kid. But that was probably state cops or county anyways it was the stupid town cops that told me to take it to the country.

Quick Reply: Street racing in IL=revoked licence?