Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Central Illinois F-body's Inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be putting together a test email tomarrow and will send it out to everyone.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats cool... mine is usually in hiding at the new building. I used to see a black WS6 in the morning on my drive in I lived in E.P. but now that I am back over by West Peoria I take RT6.

I was just asking about the Tune cause back in the day and while Rob was still in Peoria I used to help him out with some of the tuning but I moved on to my own thing and they moved out there. I haven't been out there yet to check it out.... maybe some day.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:41 AM
12 Second Club

I occasionally see this black Camaro on my drive home, guessing it's leaving Cat. I take rt29 to rt6 then to 474 to get to work. Was it possible that I've seen you at Rob's? Only rember this kid with a blue WRX. The shop in Canton is bigger, he's still trying to get 1 or 2 two post lifts. Currently only has the dyno/lift to get the cars up in the air.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=HSESWS6]Yeh I work at Cat but I am out at the Tech Center in Mossville but I do go to a couple of the plants. If it was a little while ago the plate matched the screen name but....

Yep, that was the car I saw. It caught my eye because I saw it was not stock. I officially work at the tech center too, I just rarely go up there. Spend most of my time in east peoria and morton.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

QUOTE=HSESWS6]Yeh I work at Cat but I am out at the Tech Center in Mossville but I do go to a couple of the plants. If it was a little while ago the plate matched the screen name but....

Think my buddy Jim used to work with you there. He has a blue SS. There was a guy there that had a SOM SS too I think?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

An email was just sent out. Please post up on here if you did not get it. Last I heard everything is still a go for the 24th. Thanks, Ken
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
9 Second Club

Got the email
Old 06-08-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

got the e-mail. Anyone going to culivers in east peoria tomorow night?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:50 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry couldn't make Culver's. I did however get to the Bloomington Cruise-in. It wasn't to bad. I met up with Mike (Rotweiler-WS6) at the show and got to see his 2000 Turbo'd TA. Pretty nice set up he's got.

I'm still having problems with my set up tho. Mike had his preditor with him so I hooked it up to look at what codes I'm throwing. Came up with a MAP code and a TPS code. I'm starting to think that the Map sensor maybe intermitin or bad and that could be whats making my TCS light come on and go back out. Still unsure tho, and the TPS code, I have the slightest idea where to start with that one. I've swapped it out with the once in my old tb and still have problems. Could the spring on my 90mm Tb not be tight enough and causing the blade not to shut all the way???

On the way home I me up on I74 with a Red 97 Camaro, I saw him earlier at the Bloomington show. He had heads and cam in his car. Well I caught up to him and exchanged rev's with him. He punched it and I followed persuit, Passed him and had about 4 lengths on him by 120mph. We both exited and headed north on Rt39 and I set the cruise at 65. Needless to say he just stayed behind me the rest of the way up to the Hudson exit where he got off. Was my first little run with the new set up. Not to bad, but could have been better If I wasn't still haveing problems with the car.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

Oh, I also made it to a small car show in Chillicothe on Sunday, the only thing is the show was limited to years. 50-72 cars. I talked to the President of the club that was putting on the show and got him to open up the classes and allow any car to enter. He felt bad about not allowing more cars in and was going to give me $25 for best of show. I turned it down and told him that I was just glad to show the car and see the cars (a total of 12 showed). This was his second show this year and the turn outs have been about the same both times. I told him that you need to put the word out more and allow more cars in.

He decided to do one more show this year. It's in on Sunday, September 24th. 12-5pm.
I told him that I would put the word out and see if we couldn't get more cars to show. The show is held behind an old school/church just north of Mossville Cat on Richland Ave. The registration was free and they had music, food, and drinks. This would be a great chance to get MILF together locally.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Its a good thing you didn't go to culivers. I drove all the way and their was absolutely no one.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

That sucks man, you should of cam to bloomington on Sunday.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
Sorry couldn't make Culver's. I did however get to the Bloomington Cruise-in. It wasn't to bad. I met up with Mike (Rotweiler-WS6) at the show and got to see his 2000 Turbo'd TA. Pretty nice set up he's got.

I'm still having problems with my set up tho. Mike had his preditor with him so I hooked it up to look at what codes I'm throwing. Came up with a MAP code and a TPS code. I'm starting to think that the Map sensor maybe intermitin or bad and that could be whats making my TCS light come on and go back out. Still unsure tho, and the TPS code, I have the slightest idea where to start with that one. I've swapped it out with the once in my old tb and still have problems. Could the spring on my 90mm Tb not be tight enough and causing the blade not to shut all the way???

On the way home I me up on I74 with a Red 97 Camaro, I saw him earlier at the Bloomington show. He had heads and cam in his car. Well I caught up to him and exchanged rev's with him. He punched it and I followed persuit, Passed him and had about 4 lengths on him by 120mph. We both exited and headed north on Rt39 and I set the cruise at 65. Needless to say he just stayed behind me the rest of the way up to the Hudson exit where he got off. Was my first little run with the new set up. Not to bad, but could have been better If I wasn't still haveing problems with the car.
You still meeting up at Hooters? If so, let me know. We can throw my TB/TPS and MAFS on there if we need to and see what happens.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Marc, the 24th is still a go. I've still got my stockers so I'm going to see what happens with I throw them back on. I've also picked up a new MAP sensor. SOB cost $78 from GM. But if it fixes my problems its worth it. I'll keep you posted. I've got next monday off so I'll be working on the car then.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Marc, the 24th is still a go. I've still got my stockers so I'm going to see what happens with I throw them back on. I've also picked up a new MAP sensor. SOB cost $78 from GM. But if it fixes my problems its worth it. I'll keep you posted. I've got next monday off so I'll be working on the car then.
Opps, read to quick....thought it said MAFS. No problems! Just thought I would offer!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
9 Second Club

Was it possible that I've seen you at Rob's? Only rember this kid with a blue WRX.
Probably though I was there more frequently before he started working there, man I can not remember his name.

Actually I saw Rob at the P-Town racing event this Sunday, he was running his bike. I took the TA up for a little fun and got too much traction.... I now have a 2-piece aluminum drive shaft.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HSESWS6
I now have a 2-piece aluminum drive shaft.
Cant get traction.... get too much.... just cant win
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

didnt get the email. I heard there is a huge cruise-in in canton on friday. I heard it was at walmart. Any body here of it.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

I was wondering if either of these two guys are in this discussion on drives a red 93-97 body style(bad *** sounding) and a black 98+ non ws6. I see you guys usually on Knoxville by St. Jude's church.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt_WS6_00
I was wondering if either of these two guys are in this discussion on drives a red 93-97 body style(bad *** sounding) and a black 98+ non ws6. I see you guys usually on Knoxville by St. Jude's church.

I work with a guy that has a 95 with a LT1 stroker motor that I helped put together that lives up around Junction City... plate on the car is SPYONU2 if its the one.

Quick Reply: Central Illinois F-body's Inside