Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Can someone help me get my 99 trans am running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007 | 02:32 PM
Teching In

Default Can someone help me get my 99 trans am running?

Ok so I bought a 99 trans am witha blown motor and I have since put another good motor in but I believe I have something wrong with the harness grounds in the wrong spot or bad computer and I also broke the hydraulic line going to the to the trans for the clutch. Right now I am not getting spark and the gauges in the gauge cluster are not working. The car is located at my shop in griffith IN approx 15 mi south of chicago I could offer cold beer and some cash or I have tons of mustang parts to barter with. If interested in helping me email me at dholmes440@yahoo.com or call me at 219-616-0015
Old 05-30-2007 | 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

check the grounds on the back of both heads. it won't run and the gauges won't work without those
Old 05-31-2007 | 06:10 PM
Teching In

Thanks I will checkthat this evening are there grounds on both sides of the heads
Old 05-31-2007 | 08:21 PM
9 Second Club

Just the driver head. THere are three back there.
Old 06-01-2007 | 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

don't forget the two ground wires that connect to both sides of the block. one on the pass. side just above the starter and to the front of the crank position sensor.....the drivers side one is located towards the front ot the block...below the coolant temp. sensor......also you are depressing the clutch i assume?.....stupid question i know....but start with the easiest solution right?....also you did get the important plugs connected right?...cam and crank position sensor?...coil pack plugs?....Outlaw Motorsports would be happy to help you further if you are still having problems. PM me if you need anything. Chris Somodi
Old 06-03-2007 | 09:50 PM
TECH Regular
15 Year Member

out of curiosity. when you put the key in the on position does your mileage show up? i had that problem on mine the ground wire on the back of the head caused it and so did the wire on the starter that tells it to crank over.
Old 06-03-2007 | 11:12 PM
Teching In

found one that wasnt hooked up behind the drivers side head hooked it up now it starts and runs but still seems to be acting funny I will check the one below the coolant temp sensor tommorrow.