Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Sold Z...New Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrnZ
the whole thing about dsm's being shitty and unreliable is all a bunch of bullshit ! theyre just like any other car. the reason why they got their bad name is cause punk *** kids buy them and just throw go fast parts on them and dont even think about maintinence or even know what maintainence is and just go run the **** out of them. if you dont take care of it yes it will breakdown, but the dsm's that are out there gettin down and layin the smack down on alotta v8's are usually very well maintained by their owner , and mine is very well maintained by me and by the previous owner.so all that crap about dsms needs to just stop because theyre just like any other car. LT1capriceclassic any time you wanna grab a lane let me know so i can show you how the "timebomb" gets down.

What about crank walk?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah since my daily driven 140.xxx mile stock weight, non forced induction car, with mild mods would stand a chance against a car half its weight with double its hp, with a mod list that "goes on forever". just sayin i would never depend on a DSM to do anything but run a 1/4 mile at a time. so **** you too.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here we go a 17 yr old thats not a punk. Youve owned the car for how long, and seen and know it all. How much maint. have you really had to do?
Old 07-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1capriceclassic
but no matter what its a time bomb.
Lol true. I give it a month
Old 07-01-2007, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

haha well wicked ls1 (mike) you dont have to worry about breaking anything cause your car hasnt come off the trailer sittin in your driveway for two fcukin years so you need to stop,and lt1capriceclassic its my dailydriver also and it hasnt left me stranded yet and quit talkin sht then if you car is so slow that even you, its owner is basically describing it as that. dont worry buddy im sure the taxi driver that you bought it from took care of it before you got it .
Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Tenured Member

well you gotta love car drama. News flash everything breaks. Even the ls1. True when they break a timming belt they dont take out a head and piston but they do break.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Can I run the Talon?????? , by car is not that fast Im sure you will lay the smak down on it no problem

Everything breaks, maintenace can't get you around crank walk....

Find me a car that goes 100k miles, or even 50k miles that does not have at least one think break.

With all the recalls your lucky to go 10k.

My brothers Mazda 6 only has like 30k on it and the fan relay busted and the fan will not shut off, ended up being a recal.

This person has OBVIOUSLY not owned a far from stock car before. For those that have we ALL know the more power you make the more thnings break no matter how much preventive maintenace you do. Its life.

Preventive maintenance does not stop a fuel pump from going out ect ect yeah you can replace them a lot but who wants to spend the money on that.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 07-02-2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

i had a 90 eclipse in college and had to rebuild the tranny. well after that its lack of maitence throughg teh years just nickel and dimed me to death so i traded it for a quad and bought a w-body. the car was quick and fun though
Old 07-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Teching In

haha well wicked ls1 (mike) you dont have to worry about breaking anything cause your car hasnt come off the trailer sittin in your driveway for two fcukin years so you need to stop,and lt1capriceclassic its my dailydriver also and it hasnt left me stranded yet and quit talkin sht then if you car is so slow that even you, its owner is basically describing it as that. dont worry buddy im sure the taxi driver that you bought it from took care of it before you got it .
My car runs 14.1x just about every pass which isnt bad because it did mid 15.s bone stock. Im not out to have a super fast car, I dont have daddys money to go out and spend on a 600hp cheese wedge.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

haha sorry buddy i dont have daddys money either so stop hating on me and quit calling your own car slow its pathetic,with all those mods listed in your sig im sure you want a fast car and arent really suceeding thats why even yourself is calling it slow,maybe you should sell your taxi and buy a talon. and for crankwalk , it is common for the 7 bolt motors put in the 2nd gen dsm's , the 1st gen dsm's have 6 bolt motors which are built alot better and stronger. and im NOT trying to go against everyone on ls1tech i just thought i would post some info about my new car and i didnt think that there were so many ******* sht talking ******** on here , seeing as whenever i needed help with something on my Camaro everyone on this forum always seemed to be very helpful , but i guess ls1 guys dont like fast 4cyl turbo cars which really isnt an import cause my eagle talon was built in Normal,IL and Eagle was part of Chrysler . so its still partially domestic so i dont see the need for all the drama for no reason. either you like my new 4banger or you dont, but dont be a fcukin dick trying to point all the flaws in my make of car that i own. and juiced96z im sure your car is fast but you have to give my car credit for running 10's and having half the cylinders so my hat is off to you buddy. -Ryan
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

First lets use spell check, I am by no means a spelling B champ but at LEAST put I instead of i. I don't think you capatalized anything and look at the run-ons!!!!!!!!!!

Your car runs 10's with another driver you never said you drove it into the 10's. Lets clear that up right now.

Second, yeah it went 10's on half the cylinders. Your point? Yoour car also did it with A LOT less weight, my car is at least 3,500 I bet.

I don't know what your smoking but LT1capriceclassic's mods are pretty basic, I would not say he is looking to go fast with basic bolt-ons and gears.........

People started to get ticked when you called out a car that I bet weighs twice as much as you and I bet half as much power.

Yeah things were different when you had an LS1, you no longer have an LS1 or an F-body. Do you think people want to help me much on this site with my current car? No, why? Because its a BBC and carbed, everyone on here knows pretty much only LS1.

Come to Indy and I will give you a lane and the hit. You will not come close to a win at all, you have my word on that . How does it feel picking on the little guy then finding out YOU are the little guy. 10's are not fast these days bud, maybe for a 4 banger but there are plenty of guys I know that run 9's on the motor in street cars. The number of cylinders is invalid like I said before because what you have in less CUI we have A LOT more in weight.

Please go and edit your posts so our heads can stop hurting .
Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Please go and edit your posts so our heads can stop hurting .
I am not taking sides here as I don't know the other guy, but you need to take some of your own advice there junior. Some of the **** you say is ******* stupid! Especially in the Drag Racing Tech section...

**Ok, continue bashing and bickering like 8 year old girls on the playground**
Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Whos picking on the little guy? me? he started talkin **** saying my car was a time bomb so i told him how i felt about his statement,then he went on talking more sht when his car runs 14's. and who the **** are you juiced96z to jump in on this when i had no problem with you in the first place. ok your car maybe fast,good for you bro, now shut the **** up . jeeze this thread was to show off my new car not to get fcukin bashed on it .
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Whos picking on the little guy? me? he started talkin **** saying my car was a time bomb so i told him how i felt about his statement,then he went on talking more sht when his car runs 14's. and who the **** are you juiced96z to jump in on this when i had no problem with you in the first place. ok your car maybe fast,good for you bro, now shut the **** up . jeeze this thread was to show off my new car not to get fcukin bashed on it .
I thought **** was spelled F.U.C.K.?
Old 07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey dickweed its been at the track several times this year. So get off youre high horse line it up or shut the f*** up. How much work have you done on the car NONE.You sure know alot NOT
By the way Id like to see that car run 10,s with you driving. Ive heard the gears grinding as you shift.

Last edited by Wicked ls 1; 07-02-2007 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SMOKY
well you gotta love car drama. News flash everything breaks. Even the ls1. True when they break a timming belt they dont take out a head and piston but they do break.
I beg to differ broke a timing chain and messed up the pistons pretty good. Heads were fine if you dont count 15 bent valves.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Mike dont talk about it be about it buddy i havent seen your car move out the driveway at all.also you know im right down the block so give me a call next time you're going to the track ,and you never even seen my car so what are you talkin about grinding gears?both of you need to stop hating
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

This got good.

I just want to say 1 thing: Uncle Ben's.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My neighbor came by thought he wanted to kick my ****. Nice car and looks well put together and well see how well it runs very soon.
Ill let you know about 41 soon Ryan
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

First things first. Hats off to the guys that can "actually" make that kind of power with half of the cylinders. But the whole reliablity thing at that power level is out the window, maintence or not. A couple trips to the track, well its time for a tear down, and a freshen up. Or your "10" second car is gonna go poof. Seriously...... Well maintained? Sure you can change the oil, check the air pressure.... Make sure the tranny has some lube in it... Hell, even put that crap dressing on your belts... Not gonna help you at that HP level. Thats just because your making your engine THINK its a big displacement motor. Put a turbo on a 4 banger, and you just cut the life of it in half or even thirds. But same goes for any motor, and any power adder. Your car, if it is what it is, isnt going to be the daily driver you've always wanted the first time that motor decides that it really is just a 4 banger... Then you will be diggin in daddys pocket. Or, one of us will buy it and fix it and sell it to the next moron in line.

And by the way junior, wrong place to be showing off your new car. I wouldnt have paid 3000 for it.