Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Has anyone ever got this ticket before??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's open season on drivers now. I grew up in Skokie and sometimes the cops would catch us screwing around and they would tell us "if you want to do that go to the industrial park" . This was in the late '70s early '80s, how times have changed for the worse.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the last ticket i got in the TA was for "weaving and failure to stay in a single lane." this was about 2 years ago, making a left onto a smaller off-street, punched it and got the rearend out good. cop was coming the opposite way and made a u-turn to get me.

worst part was i found out there is some guy in the area with my last name that is wanted for coke distibution! thankfully i had no relations lol
Old 03-15-2011, 11:36 PM

HAHA i thought this was funny i just got a ticket lastnight from franklin park for samething bout me so called squelling tires in the goat
Old 03-16-2011, 12:54 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by guppymech
I grew up in Skokie
Me too.

I still live in that general area.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
You got locked up for screeching tires and doing 18 over?

I've been pulled over doing worse than that, and jail time was never even mentioned.

There must be more to this story.
This happened at 3am when all the clubs closed. There were two serious accidents involving drunk drivers(I saw the aftermath of one on my way to the station) and someone also got shot outside of a lounge, so the cops were in "Lock-Em Up" mode I guess.

Didn't find out about the shooting until my buddy called me while I was walking home from the station to get my other car.

I'd rather play this one safe so I got an attorney for my date, which is surprisingly close(next week). $400 flat fee. Hope he's good.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

I got a ticket for "illegal squealing of tires" because of my shift kit quite a few years back. Cop was an a**hole
Old 03-25-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I see, Chicago sux!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Italiankid77
I forgot to add when the cops showed up my car was shut off and parked,the cop told me well the burn out marks are there and you drive a sports car so you did it.I was in Franklin Park they were really ******** about the whole thing.
i live in franklin park... i know just about every cop. and every area. send me a pm so we can talk more about this.

plus your car was parked cooled down. it wont hold up in court.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

holly **** i didnt notice how old this thread was.

Originally Posted by ONESLOWGTO
HAHA i thought this was funny i just got a ticket lastnight from franklin park for samething bout me so called squelling tires in the goat
what cop and where at??
Old 03-25-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by doublea87
the last ticket i got in the TA was for "weaving and failure to stay in a single lane." this was about 2 years ago, making a left onto a smaller off-street, punched it and got the rearend out good. cop was coming the opposite way and made a u-turn to get me.

worst part was i found out there is some guy in the area with my last name that is wanted for coke distibution! thankfully i had no relations lol
Awesome!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:20 AM
Launching!

Court was today.

Both tickets were dropped. Judge caught me smiling at the cop on the way out, gave me a months supervision.

Still a win in my book.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

He gave you a months supervision after sentencing? That's funny.

Should have grabbed your ball sack and shook it at the cop as you were walking by. I ******* hate ******* cops!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Thats pretty gay, being that you were not in your car when they pulled up you should be able to beat it because they did not witness anything until after the fact. It all depends what you told them. They are good at using what you say against you.

I got a ticket for 31 in a 30 when i got drag racing. I beat it because the cop admitted to me that he was inside a gas station and did not have us on radar. By the time he heard us ran out and got our descriptions we were gone. 5 miles down the road and four of us got nailed, you would have thought we robbed a bank, like 10 cop cars literally not exaggerating.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Teching In

I got pulled over for getting on it a bit once. The cop started talking about giving me an Exaust ticket + speeding + squealing the tires + going over the center line (rear end got a bit loose). But he said since I wasn't driving a mustang he would just give me the loud exaust. Paid the fine and considered it a win.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Best ticket ive ever got was last day of high school in my dads 69 c-10, everyone wanted to see a smoke show so i filled the street and then parked it. We're standing around signing yearbooks cop comes up to us, "So whos the owner of the orange truck with the white top," apparently 4 people called me in, he was an older cop and we had a nice talk then he wrote me a ticket for "Power Burnout." Totally worth it!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

just got a $120 ticket for exhabition driving back in feb for spinning the tires at a stoplight when i hit some ice...still going through the courts LMAO
Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Italiankid77
So tonight i was making a few a test passes,on this street behind all factorys.We finish everything and were about to leave a 4 cops pull up and start talkin **** but by now the tires and the marks are cooled down mind you that alot of people do passes on this street so there are a few marks already there.Ok well heres the point im getting at has anyone ever got an Illegal squealing/screeching of tires??And what did you say in court to get out of it....
Some things to keep in mind...

Likely someone called 911 or complained, especially in the type of area you described. It sounds VERY obvious when you say 4 cars showed up, there are quite a few good areas to test cars out in Franklin Park where police are almost never seen. The bad part? Someone will call. To make matters worse the person that actually called is likely an employee of some factory that has a surveillance vid with you doing it, the police are already aware of this and don't have to inform you. They likely wrote the ticket because they know it will stick in court if this is the circumstance. Ticket is legit.

Unfortunately it happened to someone i know, they didnt get in any kind of trouble just payed the fine.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Teching In

So anybody that paid the screeching tires fine ever get anything else? Don't want to just pay fine and get a letter in the mail months later.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Teching In

had a squeaking tires charge also, but the cop gave it to both me and the other T/A(they never saw us, only heard us). Cop never showed at the hearing but requested to the Judge to postpone due to another court the officer had to go to... Judge said "Well, this is a request,, and I don't have to follow it, charges dropped."

I really wasn't trying to squeak that much, but the wide intersection marking paint is somewhat slippery.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Almost got one of those once, was cruising with a buddy of mine one nite in my old '83 Malibu wagon when we were a bit younger, came off a crowded 4-way stop sign and squealed 'em a bit, next thing I know I'm getting pulled over by a state unmarked Ford Explorer. He ran all my stuff and saw I had a clean record, came back and asked me what all I had done to her (mild SBC), and told me he was young too once and liked to do burnouts as well, but not to do them with other cars near us because then he HAS to pull me over. He let me go, and I went on my merry way.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever got this ticket before??