Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Has anyone ever got this ticket before??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 03:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a great story. The year is 1993. I'm 21 years old.

Back in 93, I ordered a new Z28 4th gen over the winter in 92. They had production problems early in 93 and 4th gens were very rare to see until later summer. I took delivery of mine very early in 93. I don't remember what month, but I do remember all the snow that we still had. It might have been February.

Fast forward 3 months later and I don't think I saw more than 1 or 2 other 4th gens during all that time. Dealers didn't have any in stock well into spring.

So on a nice spring day in Orland Park, I'm doing 55 in a 45mph speed zone. Some stupid broad is tailgating me closer than I can ever remember being tailgated to this day. So after a few miles of this, I'm pretty pissed.

I come up to a 4 way stop. She is still behind me. I do one of the nastiest brake torques ever. I really laid into it. That LT1 motor burned those Goodyears up effortlessly. Billowing white smoke covered everything in the intersection. 15 seconds or so later, I let up on it and ease through the intersection. Emerging out the smoke I see red and blue flashing lights and think the worst.

I pull right over and shut the car off. The Orland Park cop walks up to the car and before he even reaches the door I hear him say "son of a bitch!" As he steps up to my door he says with a big grin on his face "I ordered one of these months ago and it still isn't in yet!!"

He looked like a kid in a candy store. I let him sit inside it, popped the hood for him and let him take his time checking it out. We talked cars and Camaros for a while and at some point I explained why I was doing the brake torque. He says from what I remember something like "stupid ******* tailgaters have no respect for a nice car!"

He never even asked to see my drivers license during all of this. He just told me keep it safe and take care of it. I told him good luck and hoped his Camaro would be delivered soon. That was it. He was seriously one of the coolest cops I have ever met. It didn't hurt he was also a car guy.

Ok, now fast forward about 20 years and 4 or 5 Fbodys later. (it's like a bad movie) Here I am, much older, not much wiser, and still driving another Fbody.

After a winter hibernation, the SS is out on the first nice day stretching it's legs doing well above the posted speed limit. Stop light turns from green to yellow. No big deal, downshift into 3rd and stab it. I cruise through it just as it turns red at about 70mph. I also caught out of the corner of my not so good eyes, A police car sitting at the other side of the intersection. His light come on, I immediately pull over.

He walks up to the car and laughs saying "I expected to see some young kid driving this thing". That hurt a little bit. But he made up for it when he commented how clean it was. So anyways, he takes my license back to his car for a few minutes. He then come back and gives me my license and tells me to watch my speed and obey the traffic signals, and sends me on my way. But before I go he says I must answer a question. Confused at this point, I ask what's the question? He says name a number between 1 and 3. I have no clue what he's talking about so just randomly pick 1. He laughs and says no, the number bewteen 1 and 3 is 2. Get it?? He's pleased with himself at this point laughing as he walks away and I'm happy to get off again without a ticket.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

I got a ticket a few months ago for careless driving. Spun the tires a little leaving a stop light. Never broke the speed limit. What makes it better, it took two cops 45 minutes to issue the ticket.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 AM
On The Tree

Default tire spin

got a ticket once when I was 16 for spinnin my tires leavin a light...never saw the bike cops hiding in the park across the street. went down a few blocks and parked with some friends, and cops showed up and wrote me a ticket. I have ALWAYS taken my tickets to court and have NEVER paid for a single one! the judge asked the cop what happened and he said I smoked my tires. i told the judge that yes I did chirp my tires but did not smoke them. I said I got bad gas earlier in the week and I had to toss it in Nuetral at stops and rev it a bit to stay running and watch the opposite lite and when it turns red drop the rpms and drop it into gear and then its green. said I obviously nuetral dropped it and chirped my tires. he asked where I got the gas and he said he got bad gas from there the week prior! haha what are the odds!?!? dont tell them its a stick bc they will come look...so....heres the alternative story. lol
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Italiankid77
I forgot to add when the cops showed up my car was shut off and parked,the cop told me well the burn out marks are there and you drive a sports car so you did it.I was in Franklin Park they were really ******** about the whole thing.
no proof of you actually squeeling the tires, no video proof. to me it should be dropped. its like speeding past a cop thats sitting not shooting radar and he pulls you over and says you were speeding, no actual proof. all i say is where the gun reading? in cleveland you can get "peeling tires" i got that in my crown vic PI and it was 165 bucks and have a great day. bum *** cops
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bramlok
He walks up to the car and laughs saying "I expected to see some young kid driving this thing". That hurt a little bit. But he made up for it when he commented how clean it was. So anyways, he takes my license back to his car for a few minutes. He then come back and gives me my license and tells me to watch my speed and obey the traffic signals, and sends me on my way. But before I go he says I must answer a question. Confused at this point, I ask what's the question? He says name a number between 1 and 3. I have no clue what he's talking about so just randomly pick 1. He laughs and says no, the number bewteen 1 and 3 is 2. Get it?? He's pleased with himself at this point laughing as he walks away and I'm happy to get off again without a ticket.
Wait, so are you saying that this was the same cop from '93???
Old 07-29-2011, 06:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL. No, different cop. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Teching In

they call it "breaking traction" and "excessive acceleration" here... breaking traction is 125 bucks and 2pts IIRC... excessive acceleration is basically wreckless driving
Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bramlok
LOL. No, different cop. Sorry for the confusion.
Ok, haha. That would have been funny. What was the thing about the number 2 then?
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
11 Second Club

I got one of those over 20 years ago ... what a bogus *** ticket
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

For going 120 on a truck access road I got Wreckless driving, speeding, and something else. It got dropped to careless driving/inattentive driving, exhibition of speed, and driving to fast for conditions

Along with passing in an improper lane (passed a mustang on the shoulder, he thought he was being cool trying to not let me throu) That was my limit on tickets that year and a 3 month suspension was the result
Old 08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Got it last year in my TA. $100 no court or anything else. Just had to pay Orland Parks finest.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever got this ticket before??