Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW Burbs, this weekend? Plans? Southside guys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah thats what I was planning on. Been up there a few times now for odds and ends. I am probbably going to take her in this winter for a tune. Hard to part with the new toy so quick, even if its for a good cause.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just drove by photos my car is too dirty to have stopped....damn cicadas keep flying in front of me lol
Old 06-09-2007, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

See, I live with a dirty car, even when I wash it... FKN black cars. Why must you look so good when your clean?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i drove my car to work today since i only worked 3 hours (just had to do some quick work on a floor) but it got all dusty since it is a construction site....then on the way home those god damn cicadas were everywhere they kept flying right into the front of my car!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another great Saturday night in the NW suburbs, Photo's had a pretty decent turnout, and McDonalds was still going when we got there. Nice to see some new faces out tonight, hopefully we can keep this little ritual growing. We're talking about doing a caravan down to the south side tomorrow night, post if you're interested and I'll put up details.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
NKAWTG...N

That red v6 with the stripes looks fast...
Old 06-10-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

southside for coach's corner's thing tonight?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

relax..i showed up didn't i? but like i told you guys after i cruised over to the train station, it looked like a good time.

dude's..photos doesn't even advertise or recognize a car show there anymore on sat in case you haven't noticed, as far as they are concerned its overwith, they took down the announcements for it inside the restaurant even at this point i'm pretty sure.. i've been stopping there on sat's with my car since 1999 as well, as you well know. the show was well on its way to being dead when those ricers killed it a few summers ago, they weren't the only problem, people just started going other places, it happens..

like i told you guys sat, i don't like to sit in one place all nite especially if its dead. i have decent money and alot of time in my car and i want to show it and cruise it and have fun ******* around with other fbodies on the occasions i get to bring it out..
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Good pics, next week mine WILL be there. Even if its half dirty. Wash it for friday, and then have to wash it AGAIN for saturday...
Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
relax..i showed up didn't i? but like i told you guys after i cruised over to the train station, it looked like a good time.

dude's..photos doesn't even advertise or recognize a car show there anymore on sat in case you haven't noticed, as far as they are concerned its overwith, they took down the announcements for it inside the restaurant even at this point i'm pretty sure.. i've been stopping there on sat's with my car since 1999 as well, as you well know. the show was well on its way to being dead when those ricers killed it a few summers ago, they weren't the only problem, people just started going other places, it happens..

like i told you guys sat, i don't like to sit in one place all nite especially if its dead. i have decent money and alot of time in my car and i want to show it and cruise it and have fun ******* around with other fbodies on the occasions i get to bring it out..
Do your thing man... But all I gotta say is that if its all because of RICERS, then its just the more reason to go....
Old 06-10-2007, 10:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGhost

No problem Sean. No one will get pissed at you if you don't show up to Photo's. Your choice man.

I don't have anything aganist the train station, except that their food & drinks suck and the toilets don't flush.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

I for one like the Photo's show, so I'm committed to keeping that going. The turnouts have been better every week (weather excepted), there has been pretty much no rice to speak of, and I happen to like the place and the people who show up there. To each his own I guess, no biggie.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Regular

+1 on what Mike said. I am not giving up on Photo's. We like it and will continue to support it. And BTW, they do still have the cruise night sign inside. They put it up every Summer.

Had a great time on the Southside last night, met some really nice guys and saw some really nice cars. Might have done some fictional racing as well. Lots of fun.

What a weekend this was, Fri at Meijer, Sat at Photo's and McD's, Sun southside and racing. I slept no more than a few hours each night and wouldn't have it any other way.

I think I need a weekend just to relax from this weekend.

Big thanks to all that showed up on Sat and helped support our goal of bringing Photo's back to life
Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

racing.....what is that? haha.

How'd your race go? Cuz I know how mine went
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

It was all fictional. How was yours? Lets set up some fictional racing one day just for fun, with something LS1 based other than a poor Goat.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

It's time to talk about next weekend:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/729951-nw-suburbs-6-15-6-16-a.html#post7223211