Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

IRP/ORP Tues. Street Legals

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRP/ORP Tues. Street Legals

Anybody attend these on a regular basis? I just went to the track for the first time this week ...gotta say there were several nice vehicles running there. Saw two Hayabusa's go into the 9's and one ran an 8.99 .
Old 07-06-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

I do, I havn't been but a few times this year however. My last few cars were a little more fun to beat on down the track than a stock Vette. I know quite a few people that are regulars out there though.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To slick of a track on those nights for me...... Tends to be a good turnout if you want to watch.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 07-06-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have attended multiple times. The Busas are scary. And most are ridden to the track.
I have also seen lots of nice cars and trucks there (and a few laughers).
I have 2 big gripes, but they can be overcome:
Some cars decided to leave their entrails on the track. Takes a while to clean up.
Sometimes they let the bikes run 2-3 times for each time the cars run. Not every time, but sometimes.
Expect to get 4-5 runs if you get there on time. A very good test n tune (what I use it for). You get the regular tree (versus the pro tree). You get a printout of your times (good or bad) and you get to talk to the other drivers and eyeball their cars.
Your bud(s), chick(s) can sit in the stands or walk around with you looking at the other cars and talking to the other drivers.
A very nice, casual, relaxed time for not a lot of money. Tuesdays, seems like times are 5 open, 6 race, 12 quit. But their web site does not say.
p.s. Took my 81 KZ750 there. Ran high 12s with a soft launch. Total jazz.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
I have attended multiple times. The Busas are scary. And most are ridden to the track.
I have also seen lots of nice cars and trucks there (and a few laughers).
I have 2 big gripes, but they can be overcome:
Some cars decided to leave their entrails on the track. Takes a while to clean up.
Sometimes they let the bikes run 2-3 times for each time the cars run. Not every time, but sometimes.
Expect to get 4-5 runs if you get there on time. A very good test n tune (what I use it for). You get the regular tree (versus the pro tree). You get a printout of your times (good or bad) and you get to talk to the other drivers and eyeball their cars.
Your bud(s), chick(s) can sit in the stands or walk around with you looking at the other cars and talking to the other drivers.
A very nice, casual, relaxed time for not a lot of money. Tuesdays, seems like times are 5 open, 6 race, 12 quit. But their web site does not say.
p.s. Took my 81 KZ750 there. Ran high 12s with a soft launch. Total jazz.
Yeah, there were a couple of interesting things that happened this past Tuesday when I went (aside from the 'busas of course )

1) Some guy in a mid-90's Chevy truck was revving really high at the line (4-5k from the sound of it) and when the tree lit up he dumped it and moved about 2 feet and all you heard was KA-CHUNK CLANG-CLANG...bye bye driveshaft

2) Somebody with a 2000-ish 'stang came up to run and he hits it almost perfectly off the line...in reverse

High 12's are pretty good numbers with a KZ750...I've read those run mid to high 13's...did you have anything done to it?

Overall a pretty good night, I definitely plan on going back again...hopefully I'll have a slightly closer view of the track next time
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah its not too bad out there, I go out as many times as possible, mostly when I upgarde my cars. But I just went to night and it sucked..... the track was so slick I couldn't catch any traction at all, there was nobody there(30 people racing maybe) and ran some sh!tty times 14.1 @ 100.08 Yeah I was mad. But as long as there are alot of people out there the track is usually pretty sticky. I made 8 passes in an hour and a half. I guess I'll try in a few more weeks and hope for some good track times.....Good luck with the 2002 T/A thats what I want next (02 sunset orange WS6)