Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Help plan trip to see Cubs/Fighting Irish

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help plan trip to see Cubs/Fighting Irish

Being a sports nerd, there are a quite a few things I have to do before I die. Going to Wrigley and South Bend are 2 of those things. I'm trying to plan a trip to go see both the Cubs and Fighting Irish in the same weekend. I also have to plan this around the UT football schedule since I have season tickets.

On Sept 21, the Cubs are at home against the Pirates, game time is at 1:20pm. The next day the Irish are at home playing the mighty Spartans of Michigan St. Looking at flights, the earliest I can leave Friday morning is 8:10, putting me in Chicago around 10:20. So here's the dilemma and I'll need the help of ya'll that are familiar with the area: Do I land, get a car, go straight to Wrigley, then head to South Bend after and get a hotel there? Or do I land, get a car, get a room in Chicago, drop off my ****, go to the game, leave the next morning for South Bend?

Basically it comes down to how hard it will be to get to South Bend from Chicago the morning of a game, and would I have enough time to leave O'Hare, get to the hotel, then get to the Cubs game on time. I'd also have to find a hotel somewhere in Chicago near the airport or stadium. Any help guys?

Also, how hard is it to get ND tickets? I see a few on Ebay and they're all pretty expensive, but are there any other places to get better deals?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one's been to Chicago?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can take a train from Chicago to South Bend, I used to take it alot when I was going to school in South Bend. Train takes about 1 1/2-2 hours and is fairly cheap.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Teching In

there are plenty of hotels.. and actually you dont need to drive downtown and pay rediculously high parking downtown.. you could stay at one of the hotels on cumberland, which is a short "El" ride from the airport.. and then you can also take the "el" to the cubs game, and again take the train to south bend...

the el is a subway if u didnt know
Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Actually the "el" isnt a subway.... Its an ELEVATED train.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

i am from south bend, get a hotel in Chicago and drive to the game on Saturday cause hotels here on game day are hard to come by and extremely expensive.

Quick Reply: Help plan trip to see Cubs/Fighting Irish