Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

33 over ticket in IL. Need advise please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Hmmm, but attorneys can maybe plea it down. Sometimes things don't the way you want them to go in traffic court, and you get points on your license and your insurance goes up.
Plea it down to what? A non-mover? Not likely considering his speed. He didn't get charged with reckless, and got supervision and paid a fine. He got off rather well. The lawyer would have been $300-500, plus he would have had to pay the fine on top of that.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 39 over a couple years ago in Cook County... also improper lane usage, and no front plate. Hired a lawyer for $350 and he got me off with a $55 fine and 90 day supervision... so $$$ wise about the same as this instance... however anything 30+ over I would always bring a lawyer.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I did OK. Cost would have been about the same with a lawyer. Maybe more. 1 year supervision will be tough though. I am just a cop magnet though it seams. I typically drive within 5mph of the speed limit on normal streets and 10 on the highway (cruise with traffic for the most part). The few times I get on it, seams I get nailed. Two noise violations in the last year on top of this. Then I watch idiots weave in and out of traffic, blow lights, cut people off sending them off the road and other accident causing acts. Where are the cops then? I have lost all faith in cops. Looking for the easy mark. I am not saying I was in the right, just that there were about 10,000 other cars in a 5 mile radius of me doing much worse stuff.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,717 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
Plea it down to what? A non-mover? Not likely considering his speed. He didn't get charged with reckless, and got supervision and paid a fine. He got off rather well. The lawyer would have been $300-500, plus he would have had to pay the fine on top of that.

I agree.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pay my lawyer 150$ a ticket said and done. ive gotten tickets anywere from speed contest to not having a lisence at all.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D

Unless you have a really jacked up driving record, my lawyer would have gotten it reduced to a non-mover.

What the attorney would have cost will be less than what his insurance goes up. Not to mention the benefit of having a clean record. Now if he gets busted for speeding or something he is basically fucked. If he got it reduced to a non mover and got another bad ticket, he might get stuck paying said ticket but he'll keep his license and stuff.

Quick Reply: 33 over ticket in IL. Need advise please.