Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need to haul a car!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to haul a car!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey guys I'm supposed to be picking up a '69 Nova SS next weekend in Northfield, Minnesota. I live in Chicago, Illinois and I have been checking into Uhaul to get a trailer. However, Uhaul says that they have absolutely no way of knowing where the trailors are going to be until the day before I need it. They say it could be 200 miles away for all they know. So I have also been checking into car haulers but they need 2 weeks notice. Anyone have any other ideas? I am getting real desperate here. Please help!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the uhaul you were talking to was bloing smoke up your ***. When i worked for an oilchange place we also did uhaul, and we did resvereations for trailors.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:01 AM
12 Second Club

You should be able to do it online and reserve one. It should tell you where the nearest one is to you. I did this when I moved to WI from MN. It wasn't a trailer but it was a big van. Living in the Chicago area you should easily find one. They will make sure they have one and it shouldn't be to far away. When I did mine they ended up not having the correct on at the time but they upgraded me to a little smaller truck with a trailer and it ended up to be more room. If I remember right they even lowered the price because they figured I would probably use more gas. I would just do it on line if you didn't go that way. They will call you a day before you are to pick it up and tell you everything is still good to go and make sure you still need it.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:22 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should call the "Transporter". His name is Tim call him at 1-847-428-1950 or you can PM him through the site as well. He relocates cars for a living and I have met him in person. Very cool dude and you will not have to do anything. Tell him I sent you. Vince
Old 07-22-2007, 08:35 AM
11 Second Club

Uhaul can get you a trailor day of if need be, but your gonna have to drive around a bit once its located. We got one for 50 bucks plus insurance the night before we needed it. Just go in and tell them you want a trailor for the next day and you will either have one there or go to one of the MILLION uhauls in the area that does have one. If not, go online and reserve one. You might have to bullshit the guys on the car your picking up tho.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Teching In

I worked at U-haul during my school years. They suck! I can't count how many times I told people they had to go pick up a trailer half way across the state. The end of the month is their busy time also good to think of.

Randy
Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,198 Likes on 770 Posts

Uhaul is real random for stuff like car trailers, they don't track stuff well and most of the folks that work there are dingalings.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
You might have to bullshit the guys on the car your picking up tho.
back before i had my own car hauler, i frequently used to tow "a 1998 kia sephia" with my half ton chevy to get them to rent me a trailer to tow whatever(luminas, camaros, other trucks, caprices).

Quick Reply: Need to haul a car!!! PLEASE HELP!!!