Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Chevy dealer screwed me, now I need a tune in SE Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chevy dealer screwed me, now I need a tune in SE Missouri

So I took my car to Coad Chevrolet in Cape Girardeau Missouri to have them look at my MAP sensor reading low. Well they said I had water intrusion in the PCM and the MAP sensor was full of oil. They replaced both but didn't mention that they did not have the equipment to extract tunes off the old pcm and put them on the new one. So they reflashed the new pcm with a stock tune. My car has a decent cam. Needless to say it now doesn't run hardly at all at lower rpms. And the old pcm went off as a core return before they informed me about this. Basically, now I need someone to come tune me up in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 2 hours south of STL. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 07-22-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99bluefirebird
So I took my car to Coad Chevrolet in Cape Girardeau Missouri to have them look at my MAP sensor reading low. Well they said I had water intrusion in the PCM and the MAP sensor was full of oil. They replaced both but didn't mention that they did not have the equipment to extract tunes off the old pcm and put them on the new one. So they reflashed the new pcm with a stock tune. My car has a decent cam. Needless to say it now doesn't run hardly at all at lower rpms. And the old pcm went off as a core return before they informed me about this. Basically, now I need someone to come tune me up in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 2 hours south of STL. Anyone have any recommendations?

best thing i could say would be - send it off to Ion @ MadZ28.com
Old 07-22-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

The gm tech 2 flash is what they use and is like we have at work. It does not allow you to swap the flash from pcm to pcm. It lets you download the file from the old pcm and then dealerworld attaches the new or updated calibration files and then uploads it into the pcm. There is no way around doing it the way they did in a dealer or independant shop setting that is not using an aftermarket tuning suite. Ion would be the best quickest bet to get you going.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Launching!

I wouldn't say that the dealer screwed you. It's not uncommon for them to reflash the PCM if there are tech service bulletins or upgrades to be applied to your car. If you didn't tell them you have a custom tune and to not reflash the PCM they would do exactly what they did.

This is why you need to be able to back-up your tune.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

wait4me - can fix anything!