Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car show in Homer Glen.

Copied from LS2gto.com
----------------------------------------------------------------

Car Show Saturday July 28th
I have a friend, Erik, that is the Store Manager of the Discount Tire in Homer Glen, Illinois. He is organizing a car show next Saturday, July 28th. He has some guys in his crew that are of the "Ricer" variety and he would LOVE a big turnout from our GTO community. I don't believe this is a traditional car show with trophies and awards, just a fun time to get together and BS about the one thing we all have in common...performance cars. Here are some of the details he sent me:

14011 S. Bell Rd.
Homer Glen, IL 60491

Start Time:
5:00 PM

Food:
We're either going to have some food catered in or order a bunch of pizzas or something and will have soda and stuff too.

Free Stuff:
We have several tire vendors sending stuff in to raffle off and/or give away. Some really nice stuff from Yokohama (duffle bags, blankets), and hats and lanyards and stuff from Cooper and Kumho. Plus we'll have an endless supply of air gauges and other Discount Tire swag.

OK ladies and gentlemen, it would be cool to have a nice turnout of Goats here to balance all the "other" cars. Here is what I know...he has guys that work for him that drive EVO's, so there should be a good supply of those. AMS performance in Arlington Heights is bringing some of there rice cars and apparently they have a huge following that is coming too. Erik used to own an IS300 and some of the boys on his IS300 forum plan on attending also. Don't worry he has a C5 Vette, so he is on the good side. So if you are going to be around come on out and lets show off our Chicago Goat Mob!

Hope to see you there!
Brad

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going with both my cars. Hopefully we can get a huge turnout from the f-body community! If we all show up around 430 we can probably dominate the parking lot leaving the poor little ricers out on the street

I'm for sure going since its literally 5 min away. Hope to see you guys out there!
Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

buump
Old 07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your SS have center mount exhaust? I see one that always turns onto Madison St from 11th all the time. (I just saw it about 10 min ago out my front window). Nice looking car if that's you.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
9 Second Club

Lansing cruise is the same day.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats right by where im working too. its too bad i wont be working this saturday though lol
Old 07-24-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JD1969
Does your SS have center mount exhaust? I see one that always turns onto Madison St from 11th all the time. (I just saw it about 10 min ago out my front window). Nice looking car if that's you.
Yeah that's me. On my way to 159th (renwick) to get on 55, I go by mostly everyday Thanks for the complements!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Car sounds nice tooo. I have seen quite a few Fbodies in my neighborhood since I mover here last Sept. The kid down the street has a black LT1 Firebird, another guy with a LS1 on Bogarts on Lincoln St. and an 04 GTO like 5 houses down. I like the neighborhood
Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 AM
TECH Veteran

the lt1 firebird is my buddies formula that his kid brother has been driving. We di an lt4 swap 2 year sago on it
Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Damn, I woulda went to this if I wasn't heading to FL I'll hit up some shows when I get back....plus I need a break from those Friday night parties at my house! lol

Last week was wild, broken glass on the driveway, puke in the grass, cops breaking it up, m'eh

Thanks for coming