Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Official Dream Cruise Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta do the last minute thrash tonight... finish my underhood bling project, tape off the front of the car, paint the fender wells, install my stainless bolt kit. I'd love to hit the car with another pass of the pc buffer and tropicare, but I doubt I'll have time. See you all this weekend!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

I'll be there but up next to the 19 mile area. I'll be making a couple early morning cruises but other than that I'll be parked most of the day.

If I see any of you guys on my way through I'll stop by.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just stumbled onto a package offered by Autotrader.com, for $200 they have 4 passes at the park to watch the cruise at Woodward & 13 mile, bleacher seating, free shirt, free food, 1 vehicle parking pass. At $50 apiece, that's not cheap, but it's as good a spot as you can find. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GM Displays during Dream Cruise:

- Birmingham Triangle, Woodward, Old Woodward intersection south of Maple/15 Mile: full line of new vehicles, plus concepts including new Camaro and Volt

- Athens Coney Island, one mile south, GM will show off the 4 vehicles which star in the Transformers movie, along with 2008 Pontiac G8 rear wheel drive sedan with 362 hp V8

- Memorial Park, at 13 Mile & Woodward, GM Performance Division will show off it's Chevy SS and Cadillac V-Series models, a custom Dale Earnhardt Jr Silverado.

All exhibits open toady the 16th from 9am to 6pm, tomorrow the 17th from 9am to 7pm, and Sat 18th from 10am to 6pm.

Last year they had the new concept camaro driving around on a flat bed trailer with the 1969 model, both white with orange stripes and it was a crowd favorite. Chrysler has something similar I saw cruising last night except it was a mobile billboard of the new Challenger 2 door coupe... followed closely by another mobile billboard of a Charger police car... hahahaha whatever.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

what time does everybody start showing up? I wont beable to leave here until around 6. And also anybody else getting the APS TT kit? I seen one on here I think huggerz. I am getting it and would like to talk to other people about install and any problems they have.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Start showing up???? How about last Friday... last night it took me 20 mins to go two miles on Woodward... the crowd is already here, it just gets bigger everyday!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
what time does everybody start showing up? I wont beable to leave here until around 6. And also anybody else getting the APS TT kit? I seen one on here I think huggerz. I am getting it and would like to talk to other people about install and any problems they have.
The earlier you get out there the better and that goes for all week including the day of the cruise.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One day away!!! I am pretty pumped right now - very antsy. I will be trashing tonight to get some minor painting done as well as welding the exhaust back up. Also need to wash and get it buffed up!!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like my brother, my pops and I will be leaving bright and early tommorow to head up. I will be driving a Black/Black 2000 Z28, nothing special to stand out, but my dad will be in his Ford GT (Red w/ white stripes). If you guys see him you will probably see me, so feel free to wave.

Now back to putting on the stock intake... #8 bolt... you will be mine.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok I've never been over to Woodward during the dream cruise and I'm pretty excited about going. My wife isn't exactly... she says what are we supposed to do, where we supposed to go?

I plan on crusing down Woodward for a while, but is there a good place that will likely have a place to park for a while in the afternoon?? I saw some people on mifbody.com where talking about Lasalle bank parking, but I imagine you have to go in the morning and just park.

Any ideas of where to park and look around for a while?

Brian
Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Ok I've never been over to Woodward during the dream cruise and I'm pretty excited about going. My wife isn't exactly... she says what are we supposed to do, where we supposed to go?

I plan on crusing down Woodward for a while, but is there a good place that will likely have a place to park for a while in the afternoon?? I saw some people on mifbody.com where talking about Lasalle bank parking, but I imagine you have to go in the morning and just park.

Brian
Anywhere you possibly can! It will be packed! My favorite spot to be is on the side of the road. I can go look at cars in a parking lot at a car show anytime, I like to see them all driving around.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was down there tonight made one complete pass I stoped at the mcdonalds at 13 mile and sat for awhile. On my way back north my fuel pump went out and it didnt want to idle. I couldnt figure it out unitl I was almost all the way thru I had to run my second pump I have wired to my n2o kit just to get home.

I ran into a couple of cars, I didnt get any names but a silver ta, and a blk camaro that sounded nice. Me and the camaro took off at the light and everybody wanted to see us go but just gave a couple of revs. lol. I was going to make it back tomarrow but I dont think so now.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 AM
12 Second Club

Little over 12 hours now until we are at woodward!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 AM
11 Second Club

i am from missouri. drove 1300 miles up here. im in a black ws6 with silver stripes and slicks on the back. i was wanting to know if anybody could hook me up with some late night scenes that might include a few cars going a tad over the speed limit.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, I've lived here for quite a while and I'm really not aware of any late night racing spots. The Dream Cruise is pretty much G-rated. I'm sure there are some places further back in Detroit, like some industrial parks, but I'm not aware of anything near the Cruise route.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

Getting ready to Drive up to Berkley for the Woodward Cruise, see everybody up there, I will be in my 2001 Black Camaro SS, Its has Chrome ZR1's and CME!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Howdy,
I'll be down there on Saturday 8/18 from 8AM until around 2 or whenever the major traffic jam begins.

If you see a Black 02 Ram Air Trans Am with T-Tops and a 2005 "GM POWERED" back window sticker from 2005's dream cruise...that'll be me cruising in my car with a Co-worker and his son.
We'll be driviing primarily, unless I find any Goodie tents, or a friendly spot to park on woodward.

Anybody know if there are going to be vendor sales specials that I can hit?
I'm looking for deals on:
SLP Loud Mouth Exhaust, Air Lid, Fan Switches
Other LS based Goodie tents that might be around?
I'll definitely be stopping for T-shirts and the like again this year.

Where's a good place to stop and eat. I usually motor over to Royal Oak because its easier to park, but not sure if there are any easy on-easy off spots on woodward that will be set up.
I'm not from the area, so I haven't a clue.
Hit me up here, or leave me a message at trickytransam@yahoo.com

Hope to see you there!
Corey
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Downtown Berkley, 12 Mile Rd just west of Woodward, has some cool places to eat and shouldn't be ridiculous like the spots along Woodward.

Not sure of any vendor sales with LS based goodies, but read my earlier post about the GM exhibits, they should definitely be worth checking out.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS

Brian
I'm the guy setting up the parking in front of the LaSalle Bank, it's first come first serve for spots along woodward the rest of the lot is open and all are welcome to come up and hang out. We are just North of Square Lake Rd. on the west side of Woodward, Kingswood Square Parking Lot.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shudog
Man, I've lived here for quite a while and I'm really not aware of any late night racing spots. The Dream Cruise is pretty much G-rated. I'm sure there are some places further back in Detroit, like some industrial parks, but I'm not aware of anything near the Cruise route.
The late night street racing scene happens every weekend but if your not in the circle you won't know when and where it is.
I could tell you guys where some spots are but it would be hit or miss on wether or not anyone will be there.