Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

might have some big problems....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default might have some big problems....

so my cars been acting really funny lately... it fires up fine everytime and then after a few minutes it starts to drop idle and smoke just pourts outa the motor and you can hear a s*** load of air getting sucked in the car...

ive changed the tps, fuel pump, fuel filter and maf and nothing has fixed it.

i took it to a shop and they told me the motor is blown but then went right ahead and tried selling me a 5000$ ls1 motor. i asked him what tests he ran and he said that he hasnt ran any but he "knows" that its blown b/c blue smoke is coming out of the exhaust. i asked him if he could run a compression test and a valve leak test and he said that would take 6 hours and he doesnt want to waste my money (but he wants me to buy a 5k ls1 motor from him).

every person i talked to said that i should get my car outa there right away and take it somewhere else. a few people told me to take it to street stuff and get it checked out. any one have any ideas on what could be wrong with the car??:??
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:27 PM
Launching!

Get if outta there ASAP. Don't let them touch your car. Is the check engine light on?? If so, go to Autozone or some parts store and get the codes ran. Repost what they are on here, and see if we can help ya.
Old 08-10-2007 | 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah they said it threw one there and they fixed the idle problem but now the blue smoke is why the think the motor is blown. ive also heard that i could maybe have a stuck injector
Old 08-10-2007 | 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

A stuck injector wouldn't cause blue smoke to come out the exhaust. How many miles on the car? What size of shot of nitrous are you using? I'm wondering if a few rings maybe shot on the pistons.
Old 08-10-2007 | 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car has 40k miles on it. the nitrous kit has not been put on the car due to the problems i have been having. the only parts that are on the car as of right now are the headers, y-pipe and a new maf. everything else is sitting in my garage.
Old 08-10-2007 | 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Blue smoke is an indacator of a head gasket leak - would lead to low power/ over heating conditions which neither you listed above. pull the oil pan (or change oil) and see if there is any imparities in the oil (milky color and what not)
Old 08-10-2007 | 08:35 PM
Banned

get your car out of there! you can have a rebuilt engine with a forged shortblock for 5k!
Old 08-11-2007 | 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah im picking the car up monday.... im taking it to another place monday after i pick it up so we shall see