Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

RSD at GLD this friday august 17, whos going!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Maybe we can hit the next RSD with our Camaro, who wants some we need some practice.
I believe that Parish was looking for some. Maybe you should go to drag week and see how bad that car really is.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

tuff, just wrap your motor with some saran wrap to keep all the water in and give me 6 and we can do this.

vince, thinking about it, just comes down to whether i can take the time off i had two folks quit lately.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John keep us updated when you decide to hit GLD. I really want to see either the LS1Tech Camaro or even better your Formula run.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

I'm a Byron on the weekend, GLD on a weeknite kinda guy.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe we can hit the next RSD with our Camaro, who wants some we need some practice.

I'll run you but I need lengths!!! or pull two spark plugs!!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Ibanez it was nice meeting you and seeing you again. That tech guy was being a dick to me I finally convinced the guy who I wanted to run to throw down 100+ and the tech guy still would not let us race. I made 1 very miserable pass at went 15.2 at 101 spinning out of the hole terrible my tires would not hook since they were cold and i didnt heat them much. then later on I finally got a good pass in then left.That guy who wanted to race me was cool we went to a spot outside the track that he knew and got our runs off and he payed me and we went our ways. How did your call hold up lastnight? my car was running awesome with the nice cool air. But dam i could not hook on my first run on the footbrake even at 2000rpms it wasnt taking it. Oh well it was fun you have a gorgous car
nice meeting you again glad to see your rearend held up atleast I think it did. Did you run anyone else besides that red trans am?

quadd
Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

I'm a Byron on the weekend, GLD on a weeknite kinda guy.
Well I'll keep watching to see if you make a post about going down, I live like 15 mins from there so I can very easily swing by and I'm normally off work around 5:00.

My offer still stands for you and anyone else. If you want a video of your car going down the track just shoot me a pm and we'll set something up. This is for free as I enjoy doing this to help other people out.

I almost stopped by when you and Tom were at GLD getting pictures of your cars for GMHTP but I decided not to because I thought you guys wouldn't like a ton of people stopping in.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by quadd2244
Hey Ibanez it was nice meeting you and seeing you again. That tech guy was being a dick to me I finally convinced the guy who I wanted to run to throw down 100+ and the tech guy still would not let us race. I made 1 very miserable pass at went 15.2 at 101 spinning out of the hole terrible my tires would not hook since they were cold and i didnt heat them much. then later on I finally got a good pass in then left.That guy who wanted to race me was cool we went to a spot outside the track that he knew and got our runs off and he payed me and we went our ways. How did your call hold up lastnight? my car was running awesome with the nice cool air. But dam i could not hook on my first run on the footbrake even at 2000rpms it wasnt taking it. Oh well it was fun you have a gorgous car
nice meeting you again glad to see your rearend held up atleast I think it did. Did you run anyone else besides that red trans am?

quadd

yeah dude it was definitely cool talking with you.

I only ran the red TA because he is a friend who thought his 383 lt1 stroker is faster then my cammed ls1. Even with my clutch acting up, I still beat his car.

My clutch is the reason why i wouldnt race anyone else. Every time I heated up the tires and launched at 3K the clutch got to hot and caused for very slow shifting so my ET and trap speed was down. I was still turning mid 12 around 118. yeah the rearend did great but its time for a new better clutch. Sucks that the clutch I have now only has 5000 miles on it.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ibanez7
yeah dude it was definitely cool talking with you.

I only ran the red TA because he is a friend who thought his 383 lt1 stroker is faster then my cammed ls1. Even with my clutch acting up, I still beat his car.

My clutch is the reason why i wouldnt race anyone else. Every time I heated up the tires and launched at 3K the clutch got to hot and caused for very slow shifting so my ET and trap speed was down. I was still turning mid 12 around 118. yeah the rearend did great but its time for a new better clutch. Sucks that the clutch I have now only has 5000 miles on it.
thats a pretty good mph, what kind of clutch do u have now?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHIWS6
thats a pretty good mph, what kind of clutch do u have now?

sadly I needed a clutch fast, the only one available at the time was (in stock at store) was a centerforce dual friction.

I feel with a clutch that can hold up to heating the tires, 3K plus rpm clutch dump, and allow me to shift fast I should beable increase my trap and et.

everyone I race catches up to me alot because of the slow shifting. I have to wait for the rpm to drop a little. LOL

Quick Reply: RSD at GLD this friday august 17, whos going!