Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy- F-bodies, Meeting, hanging out, general info...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007 | 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

30thws6#357 Man I'm loving those cars. That 3rd gen is a really clean looking car. I always wanted to put that hood on my 86 Iroc but never got around to getting it...always spending money on other things By the way Matt, they do have the mushrooms last time I went, I took my parents out for dinner and thats what they got along with the pork tenderloin.(man those tenderloins are as big as my head) Jeff I'll talk to Ronnie tomorrow and see if everything worked out for him, he may just want to wait till tomorrow so he can get on it and see how the car reacts to the tune. Can't get on it in the rain too much ya know. Also my car is running really good now, at normal throttle is shifts fine and converter locks up at part throttle and when I mash on it, it kicks down pretty good and hauls at WOT. Thanks again.
Old 08-21-2007 | 02:13 AM
TECH Addict

Can I bring 3 tone Sunday?
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:16 AM
Launching!

i am in on the Edwards meet. Havent ate there since the fire.

Chad
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:37 AM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Too bad I'll be in Ohio on the 26th at the Trans Am Nationals

I live in Tipton, but work in Indy
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:01 AM
Launching!

I'll see if I can make it out. Getting all of the final details done for my wedding the following weekend might keep me from coming out though.
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sedanman
I should be able to make it.

30THWS6#357 I will be headed down from Noblesville if you want to meet up for the trip down, I have a couple other LS1 friends I will hit them up to and see if they want to go.

Are other LS1 powered cars cool to vettes, GTO's etc...
Originally Posted by purdueranger
I am coming from Fishers.

Hey you guys call me before you head down, i'll follow
Old 08-21-2007 | 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackboosted2
Hey you guys call me before you head down, i'll follow

Will do.
Old 08-21-2007 | 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Next Level: thats what I've been trying to do for a few months, but believe it or not It's pretty hard to get everyone together and to get new members. Everyone seems to either be in the process of building their cars, working too much, or just too busy to keep a crew together. But I do have a car club with about 15 members so far. But getting everyone together is always a task in itself. Thats kinda the reason for doing this car show, so we can meet new people and hopefully get another Indy club started. If your interested just LMK when you move here and we'd love to have you join our club. We're actually calling the club South Side Muscle b/c thats where we hang out on the weekends (on the south side of Indy) But we was thinking of maybe calling it Indy Muscle or Indy musclecars or something of that nature....we'll see what happens.

well dont get me wrong im building my car too, i actually just blew an axle out at the track in July and the damn 12 bolt is so expensive so my car is out till march of next year for sure. However, i never mind meeting up or going to car hang outs, are you starting up a forum or anything to keep everyone in touch that usually is the best way another great way is actually creating a myspace it seems like everyone has one of those nowadays. Im moving out to Valpo it looks like how far are you guys from that area ?
Old 08-21-2007 | 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

I've been getting alot of pm's asking if people can bring friends! Just so everyone knows, the Management at Edwards said we can bring as many people to hang out as we wish. When you arrive they would like us to pull to the right and line up along the back by the storage building, then pile in all the way up to the street, and if that area fills up there is more parking behind the building as well. Also you don't need a LS1/LT1/TPI ETC. If you want to come out feel free ( just no rice please, unless it has a small block or ? inside.)
Old 08-21-2007 | 04:26 PM
10 Second Club

Next Level:
Hey man that does suck, hope you get your car back together soon. As far as the car club situation, I'd like to get something started, but just don't know who would all be interested.....But if we could get something started, Than yeah I could start a thread and we could all keep in touch there and stay up to date with whats going on. I'm definantely thinking of next year as well since the summer is almost over. If we could get this thing rolling, than by next year we could have 1 he!! of a club. So I'll just play it by ear and see what happens. If anyone is interested I have an old thread where you could post up at to let me know who's interested. LMK https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/746336-car-club-anyone.html
DAVID: Yeah you can bring 3 tone but you'll have to park it in the vacant lot next to Edwards LOL

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 08-21-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Next level
well dont get me wrong im building my car too, i actually just blew an axle out at the track in July and the damn 12 bolt is so expensive so my car is out till march of next year for sure. However, i never mind meeting up or going to car hang outs, are you starting up a forum or anything to keep everyone in touch that usually is the best way another great way is actually creating a myspace it seems like everyone has one of those nowadays. Im moving out to Valpo it looks like how far are you guys from that area ?

What do you need to fix your car?... Let me know I may be able to get you parts..
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Next Level:
Hey man that does suck, hope you get your car back together soon. As far as the car club situation, I'd like to get something started, but just don't know who would all be interested.....But if we could get something started, Than yeah I could start a thread and we could all keep in touch there and stay up to date with whats going on. I'm definantely thinking of next year as well since the summer is almost over. If we could get this thing rolling, than by next year we could have 1 he!! of a club. So I'll just play it by ear and see what happens. If anyone is interested I have an old thread where you could post up at to let me know who's interested. LMK https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746336
DAVID: Yeah you can bring 3 tone but you'll have to park it in the vacant lot next to Edwards LOL

well that actually sounds like a blast. especially with me moving down there it will be nice to have some car people to know again like i do up in IL. At this point im only an hour and a half away from you guys which isnt bad and i wouldnt mind making acouple cruises down there with my other car (grand am) to help you guys setup stuff until my car is done. If you need help i wouldnt mind helping setup a badass club but just need to know what you are trying to do maybe we can go into more detail through Pm's and get this started ?
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by indirocz28
What do you need to fix your car?... Let me know I may be able to get you parts..

well i appericate the help but im going in the different route then what i once thought. after my ten bolt broke i have actually taken the block back out w/ the trans this time and refreshing all the gaskets......... putting the LE3 heads w/ matching ported manafiold, LTCC conversion, 3800 Vig Stall, and a 33 spline 12 bolt w/ 3:73 behind it. So, there are alot more money going into this car just need the time. thanks for the help maybe if i dont finish the project till i move out in INDY we can finish it in one big group.
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is an F-body group that I made on Myspace quite a while back..

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?...upid=103303815
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe if i dont finish the project till i move out in INDY we can finish it in one big group.

as long as we can put nitrous on it and run 10's.. :p
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

im already at 11.7X i think we are going into 10s w/o nitrous, maybe high 9s with it.
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by indirocz28
Here is an F-body group that I made on Myspace quite a while back..

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?...upid=103303815
that isnt the best way to do it. create an account not a group.
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:21 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

looks like it should be a good time for you guys. i wish i could make it down, but other things happening this weekend for me. i do alot of ls1 work in the fort wayne area, and sometime i should round up a bunch of fort wayne f-body guys and make a trip down to your area. i would try to make to your cruise in, but have to run over to the t/a nationals for a day. have fun guys.
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

I'll be there, so keep your women from attacking me.
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that isnt the best way to do it. create an account not a group.
I made that group almost 2 years ago..