Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Turned my car into a racecar yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
Spaz & Sean: If you guys are having trans issues (sounds like the clutch packs to me), let me know if you need a trans built. FLT is running a special now, and they can build you one for a great price. And you know how good the one in my car works
Thanks Matt, but my trans should be all good. Its fully built. I just need to lower my shift points........ I hope. Its still got the stock tune in it even after the new trans and stall and all the other crap i've put on there
Old 10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLT is running a special now, and they can build you one for a great price. And you know how good the one in my car works

Sorry if I'm high jacking this thread but......

Whats the deal with FLT's special ?? I am interested especially after this weekend.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CottonEyeJoe104
I've tried to contact FLT for my car. And I havn't got a response. Froms PMS or E-Mails. My times that i'm available to call people is very late or very early depending on how you look at it.

If you have any suggestions on how to get ahold of them for some pricing, let me know PLEASE!!!! My tranny took a major dump on the floor.
PM Vince @ FLT. He checks his PMs and emails daily and will get back to you promptly. Tell him I reffered you
Old 10-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Rare99Z
Thanks Matt, but my trans should be all good. Its fully built. I just need to lower my shift points........ I hope. Its still got the stock tune in it even after the new trans and stall and all the other crap i've put on there
You need to set your shift points based on your peak hp, not where your car is hitting the rev limiter. That is only acting as a crutch. I know the trans that is in that car, and agree that it should be able to handle it, but it hasn't been freshened up since the build and could definitely use it.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by CrawlinRS

Whats the deal with FLT's special ?? I am interested especially after this weekend.
Call me when you get a chance cupcake
Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey how about my seat belt holders.. you still gottem LOL
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Hey how about my seat belt holders.. you still gottem LOL
haha sorry. when i got my trans and converter from my buddy i traded him cash plus a set of leather seats and i threw in the seatbelt holders. he's converting his interior from tan to grey. I was planning on giving em to you tho
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me when you get a chance cupcake
ok sweet cheeks.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

You need to set your shift points based on your peak hp, not where your car is hitting the rev limiter. That is only acting as a crutch. I know the trans that is in that car, and agree that it should be able to handle it, but it hasn't been freshened up since the build and could definitely use it.
eh my car doesn't make any hp, its a beater. i dunno, I'll tray and tune it and see what happens. if its still messed up, i'll just beat jason's *** haha
Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CottonEyeJoe104
I've tried to contact FLT for my car. And I havn't got a response. Froms PMS or E-Mails. My times that i'm available to call people is very late or very early depending on how you look at it.

If you have any suggestions on how to get ahold of them for some pricing, let me know PLEASE!!!! My tranny took a major dump on the floor.
I don't think I ever had a message from a pm or a phone call from you personally. If you would like to shoot me a pm with your # I will personally return it. I do get in between 8:30 and 9:00 every day and most days I am there past 6:00. If you call and do not get an answer that means that we are on the phone with another customer. If you get the machine we are away from the office or in the shop. Please leave a message and we will get back to you. Thank you for your time in advance. Vince
Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CrawlinRS

Click the link in my Sig for the sales thread. Basically we are running a 10% off sale on level 4 4l60e transmissions. Give me a call or shoot me a PM to discuss your situation. We can decide exactly what your car will require for a proper build and go from there. Feel free to contact Chuck or myself when you get a chance. Vince
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Sean what happened to the WS6 Rims?? Looking good though!

rick 99ls1 - got any pics of your work?? I might need the front end repainted also, the rock chips are starting to get to me.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Hey Sean what happened to the WS6 Rims?? Looking good though!

rick 99ls1 - got any pics of your work?? I might need the front end repainted also, the rock chips are starting to get to me.
I took that one wheel in to this chasis shop in mokena that welds aluminum and he fixed the crack and did a very nice job. Then I saw a pretty good deal on the Vette rims so I picked those up. And then I actually sold the WS6 rims to ricks99ls1. I'm pretty sure he sold them after that too haha. I saw Rick's formula that he painted the ws6 hood thats on it and it was actually very nice. The paint matched great
Old 10-10-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

sick color, never seen one like that in person. nice car all toghter too! props
Old 10-10-2007, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Looks good.

So does it have to be a 4in cowl to make it a racecar?? if so then mines still not racecar
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by tease
Looks good.

So does it have to be a 4in cowl to make it a racecar?? if so then mines still not racecar
you got a racecar too, it has a black cowl right. hows that beast anyways?runnin good yet.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by tease
Looks good.

Javier can give you the two inches if you need it.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Yes it's a black cowl, but mines painted and only 2 3/4inch.

The car runs good......just need to get a tire under it!!!!! Which are on order It gets a bit skatie when it hits and I havent' even gotten into it all the way yet. Hopefully the weather is good on Nov 3 so I can get some practice running it at the track.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

your an idiot matt lol

so you need race car tires like richie huh 32x13

Old 10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

If I plan on running the car and not just driving it I will need a tire (normal street running it will be on the street tires, just have to be careful).......but not as big as richies....LOL

I still dunno if my car qualifies as a racecar just cause of the hood seeing it still has running AC, heat, powersteering, and full factory interior.........

Quick Reply: Turned my car into a racecar yesterday