Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FU(K YOU! Cory, LOL!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Ok Well since CORY! Decided to let the cat out of the bag, lol I was driving the Z around today and the freaking Tranny started slipping in 3rd and 4th.
Oh Well, Just gonna have it rebuilt and I'll be back out in a few weeks...

Can't afford a RPM Built Trans. yet so a stock rebuild with a Z pack clutch kit, shift kit, and a few other misc. parts will be added this time around...

Damn 4L60E's
But as everyone knows You build them, Break them, and Build them Better just to break them again.
-Story of my life!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let us know when you decide to go with an RPM. We can give you our price on the tranny.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by purdueranger
What do you know about being quiet?
I just don't talk on the interweb.. That's the difference.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black02SS
I just don't talk on the interweb.. That's the difference.
Bastard.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Ok Well since CORY! Decided to let the cat out of the bag, lol I was driving the Z around today and the freaking Tranny started slipping in 3rd and 4th.
Oh Well, Just gonna have it rebuilt and I'll be back out in a few weeks...

Can't afford a RPM Built Trans. yet so a stock rebuild with a Z pack clutch kit, shift kit, and a few other misc. parts will be added this time around...

Damn 4L60E's
But as everyone knows You build them, Break them, and Build them Better just to break them again.
-Story of my life!

Hehehe.. Hey- atleast the one in the formy is still getting about surprisingly!! (knock on wood)

but it was kinda funny to hear you call me yesterday and be like- So, guess what.. LOL....
Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Definentely get the car tuned immediately. I went from 2.73's to 3.42's and the speedo was WAY off and it would bounce off the rev limiter. Not to mention you will be doing like 60 on the interstate and it will say your going 80-90 mph. The biggest I would go in an Automatic Trans. car is 3.73's but thats just me. However if you never see highway then 4.10's or whatever is fine! Just whatever you do, Don't do WOT with the gears til you get it tuned...

Good Luck

James

Side note-

I hated that i put the 4.10's in my 94.. Especially after it was auto..

When you install the gears you want to drive about 10 mins around town driving, then let her sit and cool for about 45min or so, then take it out and do about 15-20 mins of town/ rural driving, then set and cool for about an hour.... then you should be ok taking it out and driving it about an hour or so of highway driving, then let her cool back down.

That should be about all you need to get them worn together..
But BE SURE your gear mesh is CORRECT!!!! It may take you a few times at shimming to get the backlash and spacing correct.. Your best bet is to use your factory pinion shim in your housing as well, and start with factory carrier shims.

( i am just going off of what i remember from when i installed my richmonds in my 94)
Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default heads

Also

I have a set of ported heads sitting down at Quinlinn Automotive if anyone is looking for a set of the GOOD casting 5.3L heads..

they have been milled, ported, cut for 2.02 and 1.5 valves ( i think thats all i went)

I am in texas now, so i kinda cant get them haha..

I think the total bill on the work is $370 ish.....

So if anyone wants em paypal me $ 100 or whatevr and then go pay the tab on the heads and they are yours...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

what diddnt you like bout the 4.10's also did you go to lti in 06 or so?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM

new guy on the SW side. think i have talked to a few of you in the last year. Have a 04 red goat. Was out at circuit city last weekend for a while but parked the goat beacuse of a **** poor tune. Have been talking to chad about getting the ride a tune. After reading about 20 pages on here I would say this sounds like a good group to BS with. Try and catch up with some of you as soon as I can get the goat running again. john
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

I think i seen you I work at tire barn across the street. Anyone know what all is involved in retuning for gears or around how much it generally is?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmofield
what diddnt you like bout the 4.10's also did you go to lti in 06 or so?
I didnt like the 4.10's because it totally killed the 170mph top end of my car - I know having it that fast isnt really that important. However, it did make the car take off better... It just sucked to me on the highway.. If i did it again, i'd stay with the 3.42's or at highest 3.73's.

And yes, i did go to LTI in 06...
Old 04-04-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmofield
I think i seen you I work at tire barn across the street. Anyone know what all is involved in retuning for gears or around how much it generally is?
Well, I can tune the OBDI cars for gears and shift points...

I dont have the OBDII stuff, but I do know what's involved in re-tuning..

You have to change all of your transmission time settings.. I can do it with Tunercats, but havent messed with any LSx tuning stuff..
Old 04-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Launching!

For anyone that wants to know took the t/a to the dyno today made 426 hp @ 5800, and 424 tq @ 4800. There going to tune and get me set straight next month. It was pretty fun, considering we got lost couple times (me, and joe) hahaha
Old 04-05-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by t/a for life
For anyone that wants to know took the t/a to the dyno today made 426 hp @ 5800, and 424 tq @ 4800. There going to tune and get me set straight next month. It was pretty fun, considering we got lost couple times (me, and joe) hahaha
DUDE! Whats up with you and Joe getting lost. LOL
Remember I had to save you guys the last time....

Good Numbers BTW. Glad to see there are alot of cars starting to come out this season already. I'm pulling my Transmission out of my car this week and Should have it back in a week or so. Going with an upgraded 4L60E Trans. with alot of good parts in it for around $1200 from a good friend of mine, and not to mention he will warranty it for 12 months and 12K Miles... I told him I would not be easy on it and he said he doesn't expect me to LOL! So all is good my way. Hopefully I can get the Z together by then and get it to the dyno with you next month. I'd like to see what mine puts down as well.

TTYL Man

James
Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 AM
TECH Addict

James you tryin to get in on my deal for those black zr1's? I finally found someone to buy mine and found some to buy at the same time, both exchanges should be taking place next weekend, I cant wait to get those on! Now I need to do the whistler or black halos and some tint and ill be
Old 04-05-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
James you tryin to get in on my deal for those black zr1's? I finally found someone to buy mine and found some to buy at the same time, both exchanges should be taking place next weekend, I cant wait to get those on! Now I need to do the whistler or black halos and some tint and ill be
LOL! No I'm not trying to buy the wheels out from under you LOL! Thats why I posted "IF" the deal falls through, for him to LMK. I hope you get them to be honest with you man. They'd look really good on your red Z. Only reason I'm interested is b/c the GF is bitching about the Black wheels I have on my car now b/c she wants them on the Firebird. LOL Damn Women!

No but seriously if you don't get them LMK, and if you do Congrats man. BTW What are you selling the wheels for (Just Curious). I like those too.

TTYL Man.

James
Old 04-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Launching!

DUDE! Whats up with you and Joe getting lost. LOL
Remember I had to save you guys the last time....

Good Numbers BTW. Glad to see there are alot of cars starting to come out this season already. I'm pulling my Transmission out of my car this week and Should have it back in a week or so. Going with an upgraded 4L60E Trans. with alot of good parts in it for around $1200 from a good friend of mine, and not to mention he will warranty it for 12 months and 12K Miles... I told him I would not be easy on it and he said he doesn't expect me to LOL! So all is good my way. Hopefully I can get the Z together by then and get it to the dyno with you next month. I'd like to see what mine puts down as well.

TTYL Man

James
Hahaha i blame me for getting us lost the first time but second time ALL JOE hhahahaha hey indy is so confusing to a small town guy like me not even funny but as much as ill be up there running around with you guys this season ill get to know where EVERYTHING IS!!!! lol
Old 04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by t/a for life
Hahaha i blame me for getting us lost the first time but second time ALL JOE hhahahaha hey indy is so confusing to a small town guy like me not even funny but as much as ill be up there running around with you guys this season ill get to know where EVERYTHING IS!!!! lol
LOL! I feel for you man. I know I'd be LOST in G-Burg if I had to go somewhere in that town... But it's all in good fun. I'm gonna try to get to PDT with you guys next time... I hope to have my car done by then.

See Ya around...
Old 04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

LOL! No I'm not trying to buy the wheels out from under you LOL! Thats why I posted "IF" the deal falls through, for him to LMK. I hope you get them to be honest with you man. They'd look really good on your red Z. Only reason I'm interested is b/c the GF is bitching about the Black wheels I have on my car now b/c she wants them on the Firebird. LOL Damn Women!

No but seriously if you don't get them LMK, and if you do Congrats man. BTW What are you selling the wheels for (Just Curious). I like those too.

TTYL Man.

James
Ha ya Im just giving you a hard time, but Ill def let you know if I cant come through for some reason. I sold the wheels, tires, centers and an extra set of lugs and chrome caps for 650. He is coming from St Louis and I am meeting him in the Terre Haute area I think. I havent nailed down all the details yet but im hoping to get both deals done next Saturday so I can just pop the wheels off drop them off, then pick up the new ones and get them on when I get home so it isnt down for more than a day.

Hey here are some gunmetal zr1's a guy is sellin in indiana: https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...etal-zr1s.html, would probably look pretty good on the firebird. he said trade only for drag wheels if you have some, but cash talks...

Last edited by jrob56; 04-05-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!