Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the #'s guys. You both have some strong cars... Harbaugh please keep the car straight.. It is a little nerve wracking seeing your car sideways at 70mph..
Old 02-15-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
not a prob. I am waiting on a silvergoast TB also. So our mods with be pretty much the same so it should be a good comparison. Hell i technically havent rode in it, its still over at James' house. And if it keeps snowing it will stay there for a day or so..
ha thanks man, thats sweet same mods but gears and few suspension parts, def gonna have to line em up and see how much those stall and gears help. this is gonna be a badass summer! looks like i will officially be the slowest car in the fbody group though lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Nice numbers, what exhaust is on the firebird compared to the camaro in the vids.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow i wake up at 6:30 to get ready for class. leave at 7, get to ivy tech at 7:30 then at 7:31 i get a email saying class is canceled what is that crap
Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Nice numbers, what exhaust is on the firebird compared to the camaro in the vids.
WS6- SLP Loudmouth
Camaro - True Duals
Old 02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jrob56
ha thanks man, thats sweet same mods but gears and few suspension parts, def gonna have to line em up and see how much those stall and gears help. this is gonna be a badass summer! looks like i will officially be the slowest car in the fbody group though lol.
Well i have had that title for a few years and honestly will not have a single issue passing it on
Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by purdueranger
I would just pull the cover and make sure the valves are closed and retorque all the rockers and check the play in all the pushrods.
i will do that....thanks...yea theres alot of noise coming out of it so ill check it out...

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
Congrats on the #'s guys. You both have some strong cars... Harbaugh please keep the car straight.. It is a little nerve wracking seeing your car sideways at 70mph..
i agree....and i wasnt even tryin to do that.....i was jus switching lanes...hahaha..o well...i got full coverage!!!lol
Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

this is gonna be a badass summer! looks like i will officially be the slowest car in the fbody group though lol.
Don't count on that... I have a little something special for you guys this year! I'm probably going to be the SLOWEST :*(

But oh well...
It's a 2002 Z28 (LS1/T56) Stock other than a SLP Lid w/ K&N Filter, PS LT's, and TSP TD's. *Oh and MSD Wires and NGK Plugs. lol

Yep it's probably gonna be the slowest.
Attached Thumbnails Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110042.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110044.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110047.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110048.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110050.jpg  

Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110051.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110052.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110054.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110055.jpg   Indy People....check-in and say hi!-p2110061.jpg  

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 02-15-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Don't count on that... I have a little something special for you guys this year! I'm probably going to be the SLOWEST :*(

But oh well...
It's a 2002 Z28 (LS1/T56) Stock other than a SLP Lid w/ K&N Filter, PS LT's, and TSP TD's. *Oh and MSD Wires and NGK Plugs. lol

Yep it's probably gonna be the slowest.
you picked up another fbody? looks pretty good, hope you dont mind if i ask how much you got it for? if you can shift its proly faster than my car, pretty much the same mods but you get the manual going for ya.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

you picked up another fbody? looks pretty good, hope you dont mind if i ask how much you got it for? if you can shift its proly faster than my car, pretty much the same mods but you get the manual going for ya.
Yep I picked up another F-Body. lol I kinda had too! I got it for a pretty good deal and all it needed was the Transmission to be rebuilt! So I had it rebuilt and added the exhaust and a Fresh Tune-up on it. But it's for sale. lol I'm gonna sell it for $8k. It runs STRONG! I haven't got into it all the way b/c the trans is so new. I only got into it about 1/2 throttle twice and it pulls good! I can drive a stick pretty good, so we'll see how good it does this year at the track if I don't sell it first! It has been a little while since I have raced a manual Trans. equipped car, But I'm sure I'll be just fine! As long as I can get some sort of traction.

Hell my girl wanted it more than I did, since I traded her Formula for a V6 RS lol. She wanted it so she could try to keep up next year. I plan on getting some new wheels for it if I keep it... But IDK what type to go with just yet!

But since I bought the new Z, I haven't had any spare cash to buy any go fast parts for my car... But I guess it all works out in the end. I gotta keep the peace at home. The GF said If I didn't get her a V8 Camaro for next season, she was gonna make me sleep on the couch til I got her 1. I told her "GOOD" I am tired of being crowded in the bed anyways. lmao But you see I got the V8 camaro huh!

Well ttyl man!

James
Old 02-15-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Yep I picked up another F-Body. lol I kinda had too! I got it for a pretty good deal and all it needed was the Transmission to be rebuilt! So I had it rebuilt and added the exhaust and a Fresh Tune-up on it. But it's for sale. lol I'm gonna sell it for $8k. It runs STRONG! I haven't got into it all the way b/c the trans is so new. I only got into it about 1/2 throttle twice and it pulls good! I can drive a stick pretty good, so we'll see how good it does this year at the track if I don't sell it first! It has been a little while since I have raced a manual Trans. equipped car, But I'm sure I'll be just fine! As long as I can get some sort of traction.

Hell my girl wanted it more than I did, since I traded her Formula for a V6 RS lol. She wanted it so she could try to keep up next year. I plan on getting some new wheels for it if I keep it... But IDK what type to go with just yet!

But since I bought the new Z, I haven't had any spare cash to buy any go fast parts for my car... But I guess it all works out in the end. I gotta keep the peace at home. The GF said If I didn't get her a V8 Camaro for next season, she was gonna make me sleep on the couch til I got her 1. I told her "GOOD" I am tired of being crowded in the bed anyways. lmao But you see I got the V8 camaro huh!

Well ttyl man!

James
Haha sounds like you better hold on to it and sell that RS!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 AM
10 Second Club

Well ttyl man!

James

What, you two midgets sleep in a twin size bed?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

Haha sounds like you better hold on to it and sell that RS!

Yeah I know, But she likes it soo much she doesn't want to sell that 1 either...

Originally Posted by purdueranger
What, you two midgets sleep in a twin size bed?
lol- Man fitting in the bed with my girl is like trying to fit a FAT guy in a little coat.....
And Yes! You caught me, lol We sleep in a twin size bed hahaha
Old 02-16-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

anybody in here installed a powerbond UD pulley? how bad was the install whats all involved?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

I did one when I did the cam swap on my GTO. It wasn't bad considering I already had everything torn down to do the cam. It fit really tight on the crank. I had to heat it up with a torch and beat it on with a rubber mallet but that's all it took to put it on. You will need a three arm balancer puller you can rent from autozone to pull the stock one. You get all your money back when you take it back.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody in here installed a powerbond UD pulley? how bad was the install whats all involved?
nathan and i put one of those on the pewter car. it was a straight forward install. the only problem is that it didn't gain a thing at the track.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s346k
nathan and i put one of those on the pewter car. it was a straight forward install. the only problem is that it didn't gain a thing at the track.
well that kinda sucks but im thinking of doing it anyway lol. did you have to pull anything out of the front end to get to it and get the puller on there. a lift sure would make it easier im sure....have to see what mikey is doing lol
Old 02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Like the others have said, It's not that bad... I have installed a couple of them. I can get the tool from my brother and help if you need a hand installing it. Or if Mike doesn't charge that much, Just have him do it. Sometimes it's nice to not have to get dirty. lol!

James
Old 02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

Like the others have said, It's not that bad... I have installed a couple of them. I can get the tool from my brother and help if you need a hand installing it. Or if Mike doesn't charge that much, Just have him do it. Sometimes it's nice to not have to get dirty. lol!

James
Cool, ill let you know id just looking into it right now and wrong mike. Mike with the pewter B4C.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds good man!
And my bad lol
With all the hype from Mike Norris coming to town I just thought you were talking about him. haha

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!