Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010 | 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by t/a for life
Why we got to do this race at the track? When you live like 10 min from us?? Idk my car is out at the 'shop' now and hopfully it be done before he leaves for Tenn. Ill race him on street grippin sumis vs his slicks....and vid it and just post it up....no big deal
well im not off til tuesday next week and its legal racing...if i get caught street racing i lose my job..ha..and im gona run anyways so why not bring the stang and see wat it runs??im sure he wants a time slip to go with his car..so it all works out...maybe you could have the t/a done to??..might get that one on one race you and me want..lol
Old 04-08-2010 | 11:50 AM
Launching!

I work 2nd shift tho so if i wanna go i have to take a vacation day and im not going on a tuesday night up there, im going to on a thrusday where they acually do some track prep...cuz i will be running dr's all time after i put 200 miles on my clutch...mainly cuz i dont think i go to the track enough to get 300 bucks what i paid for em out of em so might as well grip on the street too
Old 04-08-2010 | 12:15 PM
Teching In

The mustang infact will not be running a shot of n02 swear. And i was told the mustang weights 3400 or 3500 im not sure.
Absolutely not! haha that fox weighs about 2900-3000lbs full weight and notches are about 2700-2800.

Dont be gay bring him to the track and you go too. You dont have to run your car to watch them race tuesday and have some fun... You deserve a day away from work!

Oh and PS. I want a shot at that fox tuesday also

Originally Posted by Dragman
this **** is entertaining!
Couldnt have said it any better myself
Old 04-08-2010 | 12:24 PM
Launching!

i have 3 days left to take till dec. If i take work off to go to the track i will deff be racing im not taking a day to watch my buddies run without me. haha and i took last night off from work. i doubt my car be fixexd by tuesday anyway im sure IF they go couple buddies will go tuesday and vid for me hahaha
Old 04-08-2010 | 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

bring the mustang to the southside one night, i want a stab as well!
Old 04-08-2010 | 02:59 PM
Teching In

it weighs 3100 lbs i was there and saw it. i might bring the srtgay to the track tuesday and see wat it runs on low boost and no track prep lol
Old 04-08-2010 | 03:47 PM
Teching In

No matter what there is always going to be some dumbass excuse from the GM community. What it boils down to is I will be getting into the 11's with 295hp and for some reason it takes you guys over 400 to reach that mark(well Boyce so far). Yeah...truth hurts. I am not wasting my time bringing the car to the track on street tire night with slicks.....why would I?? Get your tires Harbaugh and we will race.

Last edited by Cobrasnake2003; 04-08-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2010 | 05:14 PM
TECH Regular

because one fox body gets into 11's, were supposed to not remember the other million who have heads,cam,intake and still run 13's? were m6 cars as well, if we were auto we would probably have been in 11's with bolt ons. ive ran like 20 fox bodys who are heads, cam, intake, and they all have one thing in common, THEY ARE FU(KING SLOW.. do yourself a favor and swap a 6.0 and quit beating around the bush with your 5.0!
Old 04-08-2010 | 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobrasnake2003
No matter what there is always going to be some dumbass excuse from the GM community. What it boils down to is I will be getting into the 11's with 295hp and for some reason it takes you guys over 400 to reach that mark(well Boyce so far). Yeah...truth hurts. I am not wasting my time bringing the car to the track on street tire night with slicks.....why would I?? Get your tires Harbaugh and we will race.
Don't puss out on tuesday. Go to the track and prove it. You will hook at the track with slicks trust me. If harbaugh is willing to go tuesday on street tires to race you and you are going to make the excuse about it being a street tire night then you need to wake up. He wont hook up nearly as well as you would but yet your still going to puss out on him telling you to run at the track tuesday?
Old 04-08-2010 | 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Such hostility...I think weight proly has to a lot to do with that? Maybe? haha.
Not rocket science, if I cut weight to 2900-3000 and ill be there too...lol. An fbody would be a tin can at that point though

On another note I think it could def be done without 400hp. Buddies mild bolt on/stall car with some suspension went 12.2 all day. Im sure with a lil wieght out and some more suspension, slicks and skinnies it would have been in the 11's. This is a pretty ignorant statement actually.
Old 04-08-2010 | 06:03 PM
Launching!

About going tuesday...i dont blame him after i get my dr's put on NOT slicks. I wont go to a tuesday night again. Not after i hear that thursday night with track prep thats only ment for dr/slicks. If i go to a track i want the track at its 'best' so i can get my best time out of it....harbs youve been talkin about getting dr's, n02, bigger injectors...well when you do the n02 or dr or even both then race him. untill then just drop this its pointless....Ive said in older posts I MYSELF will have my STREET tires on vs his SLICKS and WILL get it on vid....and IF i win then will you race him??? And another point street racing can get you in trouble, i get that really...but when YOU go to indy its non stop street racing up there that you love to do....so you wont get in as much trouble if you get caught in indy than here in gburg????
Old 04-08-2010 | 06:07 PM
Teching In

The thing your forgetting is theres still alot of ls1 cars that have that stuff done to them and still run high 12s 13s because of driver it goes both ways. but that comment is pretty ignorant to be honest with you cuz theres still alot of foxbodys that are fast and alot of ls1s that are FUC*ING SLOW so think before you talk next time
Old 04-08-2010 | 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 05GIRLSCAR
The thing your forgetting is theres still alot of ls1 cars that have that stuff done to them and still run high 12s 13s because of driver it goes both ways. but that comment is pretty ignorant to be honest with you cuz theres still alot of foxbodys that are fast and alot of ls1s that are FUC*ING SLOW so think before you talk next time
Ha alright first off I guess all Ford boys are hostile...I knew exactly what I was saying. Im not sayiing there arent slow fbodies, and Im not saying there arent fast fox bodies, but ive seen 10 slow fox bodies for every fast one. Same goes for Fbodies. All Im saying is calling out the entire GM community for bullshit excuses and saying it takes 400hp to get into the 11's are broad BULLSHIT generalizations.

Hell my car is slow as ****.
Old 04-08-2010 | 07:06 PM
Teching In

I was just about to say a 3500lb fox must have some fat 400lb guy driving it.

Yes there are H/C/I foxes that run 11's as well as 13's, heck their are some foxes with ported stock intake and custom cam with stock heads in the low 11's too. It all comes down to the nut behind the wheel, some people just suk when it comes to driving the car and some people drive cars like a mad man in a rental car.

Like I always have said Roll racing is gay and dig racing is for real men. You can't launch and peddle car to a fast time, then you need to go buy a honda.
Old 04-08-2010 | 07:09 PM
Launching!

^^^^^
Really digin this post here hahaha
Old 04-08-2010 | 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
Who all is planning on being in greenwood Sat night?
I'll be in Greenwood! Hit me up, and we'll meet at Tru!

Originally Posted by Dragman
this **** is entertaining!
YES IT IS....

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
Ta for life -

I want a run.. Fairland has plenty of back roads

If your car is fixed will you be coming up to G-wood this wknd?
I wanna run too! lol Well I want you to Race the GF in the 6 Speed Z! lmk if your down!

Me talk ****??? no way only if james can come hahahaha.....and id be down for that never been there yet the gf has but oh well haha
I'm down! You guys can't hang out and talk $hit without the biggest $hit talker on LS1Tech.

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
bring the mustang to the southside one night, i want a stab as well!
I'd like to see this as well. And since Joey only runs 12's the 11 second Mustang should RAPE his poor little camaro!

Thats gotta be the dumbest fu(king comment I have heard here on Tech! Honestly! Not trying to be a D!ck, But think about what your saying man! Why do you think it's gonna take a 3700 lb. car 400 rwhp to get into the 11's? And a 3000 lb. car 300 rwhp to get into 11's. (WEIGHT) LIKE I SAID, 3000 lbs and 295rwhp vs 3700 lbs and 406rwhp; this should be a pretty close race! 700 lbs is equivelent to .7 in the 1/4. And the slower you are, the more ET you can gain with weight reduction. A high 13 second car can gain up to a second with 700lbs out of the car!
As for going to the track with SLICKS, On street tire night you can only run Street tires, or DR's. They must be DOT Approved! So Slicks are out of the question! If you guys want to do this on a Thursday sometime, I'll borrow a set of tires for Harbaugh and you guys can run em and see what happens! And as for Dumbass GM Excuses, Who's making excuses? Your saying you won't go to street tire night to run him and he's on street tires. But yet I ran 1 of my best passes to date at ORP on a street tire night and no track prep. (Learn to drive the car, and don't make excuses. My .02 )
And To be exact, It was 11.22 @ 123 mph with a 1.62 60'. Best was with a prepped track and it still only went 10.99 @ 125 mph and a 1.659 60'!
So, I say take it to the track and run 11's with 295 rwhp. Even at it's weight, I don't see it going any better than 12.30's if your a decent driver. Not saying it can't get into the 11's b/c I know it can be done. But I want to see this with my own 2 eyes. And coming from someone who has a stock ported blower cobra with weight reduction and suspension that thinks he'll be going 10's OK, Prove it to me, b/c I don't see that happening either! You may just wanna put some juice on it too.

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I was just about to say a 3500lb fox must have some fat 400lb guy driving it.

Thats what I thought too.
Fox's are light as hell!

Yes there are H/C/I foxes that run 11's as well as 13's, heck their are some foxes with ported stock intake and custom cam with stock heads in the low 11's too. It all comes down to the nut behind the wheel, some people just suk when it comes to driving the car and some people drive cars like a mad man in a rental car.

Like I always have said Roll racing is gay and dig racing is for real men. You can't launch and peddle car to a fast time, then you need to go buy a honda.
Thats a very true statement right there man!

So I guess cobrasnake doesn't want to come to the Southside to run you either Joey. Maybe b/c your gonna be on DR's and there is no "track", I mean STREET prep. lol But yet he can run the G-Burg peeps all day long!

God I hate all this Lets race, then No lets not BS in this thread!
I'll tell you what, If someone wants a race against me in the 6 speed Z. (It's Stock with exhaust only, and on STREET TIRES) I'll go to ORP Tuesday and race. And whoever wins - wins. No hurt feelings! The only true way to be a good sport is to run whoever and laugh about it when your done! It's pretty fu(ked up we spend Thousands to build our cars, but don't want to race people b/c we don't wanna lose. Or don't wanna hear what people have to say. Hell I'll bring the RS out and race ANYBODY that wants to race. IDC whether I win or Lose. What do you say, RS or Z28 vs The Little Mustang That Could!

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 04-08-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2010 | 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

my cars slow
Old 04-09-2010 | 12:22 AM
Launching!

Jesus fu*kin crist.....
Old 04-09-2010 | 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jrob56
Ha alright first off I guess all Ford boys are hostile...
Not all are
Old 04-09-2010 | 06:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
I'll be in Greenwood! Hit me up, and we'll meet at Tru!

YES IT IS....

I wanna run too! lol Well I want you to Race the GF in the 6 Speed Z! lmk if your down!

I'm down! You guys can't hang out and talk $hit without the biggest $hit talker on LS1Tech.

I'd like to see this as well. And since Joey only runs 12's the 11 second Mustang should RAPE his poor little camaro!

Thats gotta be the dumbest fu(king comment I have heard here on Tech! Honestly! Not trying to be a D!ck, But think about what your saying man! Why do you think it's gonna take a 3700 lb. car 400 rwhp to get into the 11's? And a 3000 lb. car 300 rwhp to get into 11's. (WEIGHT) LIKE I SAID, 3000 lbs and 295rwhp vs 3700 lbs and 406rwhp; this should be a pretty close race! 700 lbs is equivelent to .7 in the 1/4. And the slower you are, the more ET you can gain with weight reduction. A high 13 second car can gain up to a second with 700lbs out of the car!
As for going to the track with SLICKS, On street tire night you can only run Street tires, or DR's. They must be DOT Approved! So Slicks are out of the question! If you guys want to do this on a Thursday sometime, I'll borrow a set of tires for Harbaugh and you guys can run em and see what happens! And as for Dumbass GM Excuses, Who's making excuses? Your saying you won't go to street tire night to run him and he's on street tires. But yet I ran 1 of my best passes to date at ORP on a street tire night and no track prep. (Learn to drive the car, and don't make excuses. My .02 )
And To be exact, It was 11.22 @ 123 mph with a 1.62 60'. Best was with a prepped track and it still only went 10.99 @ 125 mph and a 1.659 60'!
So, I say take it to the track and run 11's with 295 rwhp. Even at it's weight, I don't see it going any better than 12.30's if your a decent driver. Not saying it can't get into the 11's b/c I know it can be done. But I want to see this with my own 2 eyes. And coming from someone who has a stock ported blower cobra with weight reduction and suspension that thinks he'll be going 10's OK, Prove it to me, b/c I don't see that happening either! You may just wanna put some juice on it too.

Thats a very true statement right there man!

So I guess cobrasnake doesn't want to come to the Southside to run you either Joey. Maybe b/c your gonna be on DR's and there is no "track", I mean STREET prep. lol But yet he can run the G-Burg peeps all day long!

God I hate all this Lets race, then No lets not BS in this thread!
I'll tell you what, If someone wants a race against me in the 6 speed Z. (It's Stock with exhaust only, and on STREET TIRES) I'll go to ORP Tuesday and race. And whoever wins - wins. No hurt feelings! The only true way to be a good sport is to run whoever and laugh about it when your done! It's pretty fu(ked up we spend Thousands to build our cars, but don't want to race people b/c we don't wanna lose. Or don't wanna hear what people have to say. Hell I'll bring the RS out and race ANYBODY that wants to race. IDC whether I win or Lose. What do you say, RS or Z28 vs The Little Mustang That Could!
The reason why we take it to the track is because 1. we have jobs and if we get arrested and lose our license were fd. 2. all of you guys wonder why the cops are so hard on you in gwood hmm i wonder your up there doin 130 mph pulls in a fn 40 mph zone common sense says that fn retarded and yea it proli is gonna attract cops but yet you bitch about them whose fault is that not theres.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!