Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Castleton, but there is a good friend with a bolt on Pewter T/A in Carmel, a black cam/bolt on WS6 T/A a little more NE to Noblesville, a bolt on red LT1 T/A in Carmel/homeplace, also a red Camaro full bolt on/cam/spray in Fishers, another friend with an LS1 2nd Gen RX7 in fishers, and a couple of GTO's and a few Vette's, here and there on the NE side. All part of IndyHP...some are on this forum
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, apparently I'm just not keeping my eyes open. I live in the Castleton area, but work in the Washington Street/465 area, so my daily commute takes me south. I do work out nightly up on 96th street, and see a couple black TAs (batmobiles) in that area, but that seems to be about it.

Also, IndyHP?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

IndyHP is a private local performance group (150+ strong now from central IN), all kinds of cars, from 9 second street cars, to autocross racers.

What all is done to your Z?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Currently, very little. I've done the Whisper lid, a strut tower brace, and a short shifter - nothing ground-breaking. I've had to stick to cheap mods as I was still paying on it and my truck. Now that they are both paid off, this spring will be very interesting. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it though. I'm torn between pulling the engine for an LS2 stroker setup or a 427, forging the internals on the LS1 and stroking it, or just doing a bolt-on setup to save money for the new Camaro. Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
BlackLS199 & svtwhat.....Whats been going on guys' Not too much here. Got another Camaro today Traded the DD 86 Z28 for a 96 Blue camaro with a 3.8L V6/5 Speed. It's my new Daily Driver. It has a badass (I think Harwood) ram-air/cowlhood on it and the cowl is painted silver but the rest of the hood is still blue. Deciding what to do with this after I get the Formula put together (383 stroker setup I'm doing). I was thinking of putting the LT1 out of the Formy in it and put a head/cam package on it and just put new bearings and rings in the bottom end or something??? Well GTG, but nice to talk to ya guys again.------------ JAMES

you should remember my old cars, i had a white notch mustang when i first saw you (you had your iroc), and i just sold my 02 SOM SS 6speed car (was my toy for a year or two.)
Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I met to you at The Suds- in Greenwood. And your SS was Sunset orange with Chrome ZR1's. Correct??? I'm pretty sure that you'll have another Bada$$ ride here soon. Seems as how you liked going to the suds and playing around on the southside on the weekends Hope ya get back out there next year.....Any plans on what you might get next??
Old 11-15-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Oh and don't think I forgot about you JR.... I got something for you too! It's called a "Trophy" Isn't that what you said you would get when you finally got it out! Well we'll just have to see how badass that car is next year. I wanna see you and Mr Benny-CaptainInsaneO go at it. BTW congrats on the baby, I know you said you just had a new baby the last time we talked. TTYL
BTW I may need some paint work done next year after I get the car together. If your interested LMK. Thanks
James
Old 11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Teching In

I live in Noblesville and frequent the 71st and Shadeland area. I have a buddy that lives at Lake Castleton who has a custom blue **** with lambo doors and big a$$ intercooler. I'm over there every Monday. You've probably seen him around.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, James, how's it goin'? I haven't been around much lately, I got a new job at Cummins down in Columbus that has been keeping me busy. I get to drive diesel trucks and work on the ECMs (software stuff), a great gig for me.
AFA the 96, congrats. Will a LT1 fit right into a V6? In the old days cars had different suspension components, but not sure about later fbodys.
We'll have to see how your new engine stacks up against my V6 (after I get it fixed, of course) .
See ya round, George
And to the new posters, I live just outside Oaklandon, on the far northeast side of Indy.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Oh and don't think I forgot about you JR.... I got something for you too! It's called a "Trophy" Isn't that what you said you would get when you finally got it out! Well we'll just have to see how badass that car is next year. I wanna see you and Mr Benny-CaptainInsaneO go at it. BTW congrats on the baby, I know you said you just had a new baby the last time we talked. TTYL
BTW I may need some paint work done next year after I get the car together. If your interested LMK. Thanks
James

Bring it on James, I'll bust your *** to! Hell I'll break out the camaro with a cam only set up for ya.

Thanks on the baby comment, she is 8 weeks old now and I'm loving every minute of it!!! I'm a proud pappa now!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I met to you at The Suds- in Greenwood. And your SS was Sunset orange with Chrome ZR1's. Correct??? I'm pretty sure that you'll have another Bada$$ ride here soon. Seems as how you liked going to the suds and playing around on the southside on the weekends Hope ya get back out there next year.....Any plans on what you might get next??

ive been back out there a few times now... just havent broadcasted it My project is done for the most part and its been out a few times I dont think i will have it out much more this year due to the temps falling and falling.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

Cool

^

haha
Old 11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

<-- Broke down Pewter bolt on T/A in Carmel 300zx TT will hopefully be sold on Saturday the 24th so I can get car up to RPM Transmissions for a new tranny, and depending on how much that runs me will for sure be LS6 manifold and either cam or n2o. No matter what one I get first the other will be following probably in the summer
Old 11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackboosted2
^

haha
you are having fun with that arent you?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
11 Second Club

I love Mullets, I bought a wig for halloween this year, and it's been on my mind ever since!

We should get you to wear it Randy, and we can do a photoshoot for you

Here's Flamer a few years ago posing on my old RX7

http://indyhpmedia.com/pics/IndyHPimages/DSC02120.JPG
And in his own T/A...mullet wig and all
http://indyhpmedia.com/pics/IndyHPimages/DSC02125.JPG
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Hey, James, how's it goin'? I haven't been around much lately, I got a new job at Cummins down in Columbus that has been keeping me busy. I get to drive diesel trucks and work on the ECMs (software stuff), a great gig for me.
AFA the 96, congrats. Will a LT1 fit right into a V6? In the old days cars had different suspension components, but not sure about later fbodys.
We'll have to see how your new engine stacks up against my V6 (after I get it fixed, of course) .
See ya round, George
And to the new posters, I live just outside Oaklandon, on the far northeast side of Indy.
I work at the Tech Center. I am a MET in HDD test ops.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vannatte
I live in Noblesville and frequent the 71st and Shadeland area. I have a buddy that lives at Lake Castleton who has a custom blue **** with lambo doors and big a$$ intercooler. I'm over there every Monday. You've probably seen him around.
Doesn't sound familiar, but I take a lot of back roads to avoid traffic. I avoid Shadeland if I can, and take Hague to get pretty much anywhere. Not sure what type of car you are talking about, but I would notice a vehicle with the lambo doors, if I see it.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blackboosted2
I love Mullets, I bought a wig for halloween this year, and it's been on my mind ever since!

We should get you to wear it Randy, and we can do a photoshoot for you

Here's Flamer a few years ago posing on my old RX7

http://indyhpmedia.com/pics/IndyHPimages/DSC02120.JPG
And in his own T/A...mullet wig and all
http://indyhpmedia.com/pics/IndyHPimages/DSC02125.JPG
lol....

ive been meaning to buy one here recently... where did you get that one at?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Teching In

not in indy right now but soon coming back. ive lived everywhere. lebanon, kirklin, sheridan, kokomo, east side, west side, south side, 96th st., carmel, greenfield, shelbyville, and now in cincy area. i hate it here and ill be back sooner or later. hehe. cant wait to make use of that damn 25 dollar wheel tax hehe.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black_95_Z28
<-- Broke down Pewter bolt on T/A in Carmel 300zx TT will hopefully be sold on Saturday the 24th so I can get car up to RPM Transmissions for a new tranny, and depending on how much that runs me will for sure be LS6 manifold and either cam or n2o. No matter what one I get first the other will be following probably in the summer

Man, why don't you just swap/buy my RPM T56? And I have a TNT F1 n20 kit for sale!!! I'll make you a pakage deal!!! Something to think about!

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!