Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be in Indy tonight until Sunday night.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Glad to hear you got the CAMARO going. They will always give you trouble, you know.
AFA parts are concerned, avoid everything made in Chino, (yeah, I know it's spelled with an "a"), anything remanufactured, and try to find one with a lifetime warranty. It's well worth the extra cost, vesus being stuck in a KFC parking lot with the old lady yelling at you (yeah, I heard you, Amber, it wasn't his fault).
LMAO man.... Well I got it going so I'll be putting some miles on it and hoping to hit the 500 mile mark by next weekend so I / She can beat the living **** out of it this summer.
And she lightened up on me once I got it started, although I was being a D!ck-head to her bigtime. I was mad as hell b/c I knew I had to walk home to get another car. But it's running now.....
Old 05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

hola from Terre Haute!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Glad to hear you got the CAMARO going. They will always give you trouble, you know.
AFA parts are concerned, avoid everything made in Chino, (yeah, I know it's spelled with an "a"), anything remanufactured, and try to find one with a lifetime warranty. It's well worth the extra cost, vesus being stuck in a KFC parking lot with the old lady yelling at you (yeah, I heard you, Amber, it wasn't his fault).

LOL at the Amber yelling at him part!!!

SCAT, EAGLE and Ohio Crankshaft get there stuff from China.........

Originally Posted by Matt D
I'll be in Indy tonight until Sunday night.
I may not be working Saturday and Sunday, call me up if you get bored.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
LOL at the Amber yelling at him part!!!
SCAT, EAGLE and Ohio Crankshaft get there stuff from China.........
They get the raw parts from Chino, and they are finished here. At least the Callies are, I assume the others are the same. They are spec'ed (such as 4340 steel) and inspected there and here for quality.
Finished goods, as a whole, use inferior metals, assembly, and parts. Look at the Opticraps and "like Walbro" parts that are hawked on Ebay for 1/2 the price of the real thing. And read the threads that complain about the (lack of) quality with those same parts. JMHO, I used to work in the industry.

And oh, yeah, she was at full song. I had to chuckle as I listened.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah just the raw stuff that they get from Chino
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 AM
10 Second Club

Oh' Well
Hell every damn thing you own prolly comes from china or mexico or japan....I mean whats really made here? Hell where does our oil/gasoline come from?
It sucks but hey if the **** works I don't care if a talhead or an arab or a Damn caveman makes it!
It's obviously so easy a caveman can do it.... (ring ring ring- Hang on let me put it on speakerphone....)
Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Two of the guys speak very good spanish, only one of them speaks very good english like its his first language (yeah it sucks working with someone who cank habla...).

I laughed and told them to speak english and the english speaking one goes you speak spanish.

I then said you REALLY don't want to know what I will reply to that with and he laughed and said no, no I don't
Old 05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I may not be working Saturday and Sunday, call me up if you get bored.
It was a crazy weekend man. Going away party for friends on Saturday and the fiance's graduation party on Sunday. I will be back in two weeks, so I'll hit you up then.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Well at least someone had a good time *~cough MATT cough~*
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 PM
10 Second Club

Hey! just got my new rearend put in last night..... And it works great....
Hopefully the weather clears up tomorrow or saturday. I'd like to get it out and cruise a little bit with some locals. I'm ready to beat on it some more...

I've been thinking of having another get together in the next couple of weeks. Anyone up for this?
Probably at the Edwards drive in on Sherman and Raymond Street. Unless someone else has a better place to meet at....This is the place I last held the carshow I hosted.
Lets say 2 saturdays from this 1... The date would be 5-24-07. As long as the weather permits, but if not it will be the following Saturday. The time could be around 5 or 6 ish till whenever. And then whoever wanted to go to the southside for a little cruise, that would be cool too! LMK

James
Old 05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

anyone planning on being at IRP tomorrow night if the weather holds up?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Whats going on at the track? I didn't know of anything happening.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

there's supposed to be a midnight madness, i saw it on the ORP website
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

OH ok!
Yeah the weather sucks, Wish it would've held off, but hey!
I'm planning on going to ORP on Tuesday night to get a few runs in now that I have 2 wheels that spin again instead of just 1. I managed to run 13.6 at 103mph with traction issues, and only 1 wheel spinning the Nitto's.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Matt D
It was a crazy weekend man. Going away party for friends on Saturday and the fiance's graduation party on Sunday. I will be back in two weeks, so I'll hit you up then.
Thats makes two people that got engaged quick lol.

Congrats, I ship out soon for the big day.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Anoyone wanting to cruise tonight, I'll be out with a few buddies..... Gonna hang out at the steak n shake at stop 11 and 31 across from Burlington for a few from 10:00 ish and then cruise for a while.... Hope to see some guys out.

James
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Saturday was the best night of the season so far! Lets get some more people together and see what we can terrorize this weekend.

Jon... I have about 4 races lined up with the silver charger for Saturday night... I also told him to have his friend bring out the s/c notchback and we can get him a few races lined up. Should be fun. Man I hope he decides to show up and not wuss out! I've got the camera ready and I'd love to see them both put in their places. I still don't understand why they have to talk so much $hit!

Oh and to show you the race between the charger and my girl in my firebird... here is the link.... Listen to how retarded he is! The first race was heads up, with us spinning out of the hole on a broke rearend and not to mention he was spraying a 150 shot out of the hole. The second race he punched it and my girl gave chase and then just let out..... This is the guy who owns the s/c mustang. (the guy talking and recording, my girl beat him in his notchback s/c stang)) Thus the reason I wrote in the comment at the bottom - How does it feel to get beat by a stock LT1 in your s/c mustang? I know I know "The belt broke". It's so funny b/c he was talking all this $hit about how his s/c stang would kick my Firebirds a$$ and yet he goes and gets it and loses right after this race between my girl and the charger.....To top it off my girl was driving and beat him, and then he says "My belt broke thats why I lost". So I said it's kinda funny I heard the s/c spooling up! He was on shut mouth. But then he stopped at the stop light and continued to brag on how fast my car was and wanted to know what I had in it!

Well here is the link.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpSAxIzvcg

Oh yeah, I found this video too! It's him racing a STOCK GT that I've beat pretty badly! But yet he raced her with Nitrous first and beat her badly. But watch how close of a race it is when they race heads up motor to motor... Oh and he DOES NOT HAVE A TURBO! Another reason why the guy making these films is a douch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MQ0...eature=related

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 05-12-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

There are to many idiots out there these days, not to metion people are dumb for posting were they are racing.

Everyone knows the VAST VAST VAST majority of the cars on 31 are slow! You have a few faster people that take things seriously and then you have the idiots that are filming while they are driving ect ect.

James I think I might take the car with the new motor up and down 31 A BIT next year........ Ill care less if people spray or not and Ill leave the bottles closed........ we will go look for a few people, you know who they are.

Im glad I did not cruise last year, seems like the maturity and IQ level of people drops every year on 31.

I guess its why the faster guys keep it off 31, don't want some idot crashing into them

There is a vid on youtube with that chick in the new stang on 31 and she goes to hit it and realizes the light is still red and the turn arrow light is on so people are crossing the street in fron of her. Good thing she did not hit the gas or anything............

WOW...............

Then again maybe I won't cruise it, don't want to risk some idiot recording me while he is driving and crash into me.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

i'm going to laugh when i come home from the mall and see this badass lt1 car on a rollback and our driver(s) leaned over the hood of an ls1 b4c car in handcuffs..

you guys are idiots.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!