Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the LS side, but every custom tune I have had they never do the drive-ability and if they do there is more up charge. Most of the time the customer doesn't want pay anymore. After all it is an hourly rate just like any automotive repair. Plus I don't see mike not making someone happy, but there are people who are over critical and also very common there modifications are not always the best combination. You have a high lift short duration cam and running 100k valvetrain your an idiot or too poor to pop. I know guys who have to change there valve springs each year, do to there valves are hanging real close to the pistons, something ain't yanking it back it time it will get ugly quick. I am happy if it starts, runs, and stops, heck if it surges occasionally, so what. I think the young kids today are too spoiled with fuel injection and custom tunes. Give them a carb with a jet kit, a distributor with points, and a timing light. You haven't seen drive-ability until the weather changes from morning to night.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Mike Norrris Motorsports, PERIOD. End of story. He has tuned 2 cars of mine - 1 car he tuned multiple times due to different combinations. He is the best of the best. He will tell you like it is, which most of the time is NOT what you WANT to hear, but what you NEED to hear. He never sugar coats anything just to make a buck.

Last edited by ssmith512; 04-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, I've been tuned by mike twice. Not bashing in any way. To above comment. If your only getting wot tune. Why have a price saying "450" tune. Not that he does it that way. Just for arguments sake
Old 04-22-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Regular

And jrob. Look at the last 15 or so cars he tuned. Mine was 14.7 afr at wot? I know of a nitrous car in the 14's he did
Old 04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I brought back my old racing seats from NC and im looking to sell them.

2 Corbeau Legacy seats, they are reclineable. Theyre black and kind of off-blue purple was made to match the factory 96 z28 I had them in. Im gonna clean them up and take some pics.
2 82-02 seat brackets for fbody cars to mount them.

Dont really know what to ask for'em so im accepting offers.

Last edited by Tainted; 04-22-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

I just scored an LS1 and sold my 358 in the same day so as of Sunday I will officially belong here! Haha
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Launching!

I haven't been real impressed with the driveability of some of Mike Norris tunes. Several of my friends had problems with their cars stalling after his tune.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang josh, you guys got that motor swapped yet? i got dem header pipes on the ta this week.

to the guy wanting a tune: i wouldn't have any of the locals tune a car of mine. pro dyno tech or norris..i guess that about sums it up. i'd be looking at speed inc or raymer's place, unleashed i think it is. i'd go to raymer first. he is closer and has been around a very long time. i am not familiar with pricing on either. just try to have the car squared away completely before getting someone to tune it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Brent at lpe is good.

S346k finally put headers on the ta?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s346k
dang josh, you guys got that motor swapped yet? i got dem header pipes on the ta this week.

to the guy wanting a tune: i wouldn't have any of the locals tune a car of mine. pro dyno tech or norris..i guess that about sums it up. i'd be looking at speed inc or raymer's place, unleashed i think it is. i'd go to raymer first. he is closer and has been around a very long time. i am not familiar with pricing on either. just try to have the car squared away completely before getting someone to tune it.
Ive been waiting on parts and school has been getting in the way. But today is the last day of classes for me ever, and after today Ill have all my parts. Should have some ARH 1 7/8, prothane mounts, and msd wires on my porch right now actually. All I have to do is get the accessories back on and find a day to go do it at the high school. We need you too, were both scared of putting that stall and trans back on. I dont want to screw up that pump.

Glad you got those headers on, youll have to bring it down when you help us out, maybe we can line em up if its running right haha
Old 04-25-2012, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jrob56
were both scared of putting that stall and trans back on. I dont want to screw up that pump.

Glad you got those headers on, youll have to bring it down when you help us out, maybe we can line em up if its running right haha
are you rebuilding that engine? the converter only goes one way, just don't force it and you'll figure it out. the headers weren't a big deal, it was the damn motor mounts; those were a pita.

yes jeff, it now has some 1 7/8 hooker super comps on it. i bought a ss tsp y that didn't work with those headers very well, took a chopsaw and some creativity to make it all work together. otherwise same stock exhaust with that 80 series flowmaster welded in. it's very quiet. i'd like to get my single chamber on it soon, but i won't lie...i enjoy it not being loud. especially after installing a factory headunit with an aux input.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by s346k
are you rebuilding that engine? the converter only goes one way, just don't force it and you'll figure it out. the headers weren't a big deal, it was the damn motor mounts; those were a pita.

yes jeff, it now has some 1 7/8 hooker super comps on it. i bought a ss tsp y that didn't work with those headers very well, took a chopsaw and some creativity to make it all work together. otherwise same stock exhaust with that 80 series flowmaster welded in. it's very quiet. i'd like to get my single chamber on it soon, but i won't lie...i enjoy it not being loud. especially after installing a factory headunit with an aux input.
No, we just bought a shortblock with heads and valley cover off James. He helped us get the covers on, and UD pulley. Just needs accessories and exhaust now. I lucked out and traded some stock clamshells/mounts for clamshells with low mileage poly mounts already in them. So that is super easy when you add the engine is out as well.

Where did you get the factory head unit with aux input. I need one as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Junkie

ebay. there are a ton for camaros.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

Hey All,

For the guys that are having drive-ability issues with my tunes, please contact me so we can go over it. I am more then willing to make things right, or at least try, if there is an issue. If I am not told about any issues, I can not make it right.

94 s dime, did I have your car at 14.7 at WOT???? I do not recall that and not sure if you meant me or the other shop.

As an FYI, my tunes include all base drive-ability and some are more of a bitch then others for sure. I do as much idle and cruise tuning before hand and keep making tweaks during dyno runs. A lot of folks do not know what all I do while I sit in the car on the dyno and I have heard they think it is just WOT tuning, but far from it.

Thanks

Mike Norris

Last edited by Mike Norris; 04-26-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Hey All,

For the guys that are having drive-ability issues with my tunes, please contact me so we can go over it. I am more then willing to make things right, or at least try, if there is an issue. If I am not told about any issues, I can not make it right.

94 s dime, did I have your car at 14.7 at WOT???? I do not recall that and not sure if you meant me or the other shop.

As an FYI, my tunes include all base drive-ability and some are more of a bitch then others for sure. I do as much idle and cruise tuning before hand and keep making tweaks during dyno runs. A lot of folks do not know what all I do while I sit in the car on the dyno and I have heard they think it is just WOT tuning, but far from it.

Thanks

Mike Norris

^^^ this... Like i said before my car runs great and has since i picked it up in december. No problems at all with the drivability of the g5x3.... Thanks again mike...
Old 04-27-2012, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Hey All,

Thanks

Mike Norris
This! Even though I no longer have my Z28, I am sure that whoever has it is enjoying your tune Mike! I really can't say enough good things about my experience. Driveability was much improved on my Torquer V2 car.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mikes a great guy Abd a hell of a tuner!!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

no mike the other guy, sorry!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
no mike the other guy, sorry!
No problem, I figured you would call me if there was an issue

Mike
Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
We would be happy to do a stock rebuild. We are located in Anderson about 2 miles off I-69. Give me a call and I'll work something up for you.
Sounds good, thanks. Not sure she's taking my advice on going to a reputable shop vice dealer though... one of those do opposite what he (he being me) says deals.

But I'm also having issues with my transfer case, not sure if it's the viscous coupler or the chain. Do you mess with NVG149s? Or have one laying around you're willing to get rid of? I'll try to call Monday if I get a chance but I'd like to get the x-case done much sooner than later.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!