Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm checking in from Valparaiso (Yes, it's a bit north but I'm willing to take the cruise down to Lafayette/Indy area for cruises!). I'll be at Purdue a bit this year, and my gf just graduated from there last semester. I'm just wondering if there's gonna be another Purdue cruise this year again because that would be great! I went last year and it was awesome. I should have my car done in a couple weeks. I blew a head gasket and spun a bearing a couple weeks ago on my bolt on SS. So I'm getting it built by Straightline Performance out in New Lenox, IL. It's gonna have forged internals with a big heads/cam setup and tune. Hope to go cruise with some of yall this year!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Checking in from Noblesville. Hey guys, I just installed these wheels from SLP. Wish they wer black instead of gunmetal gray but could you tell me what you think? I'd been looking for a good while for a nice set of rims and found these a couple of months ago. Thanks for looking!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

I did black rims for 2 years... Impossible to keep clean
Old 03-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
I did black rims for 2 years... Impossible to keep clean
No kidding! Not just to mention that but if they are painted, which most are, they scratch from the car washes and even when they are clean, they always look dull.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CamaroManLS1
I'm checking in from Valparaiso (Yes, it's a bit north but I'm willing to take the cruise down to Lafayette/Indy area for cruises!). I'll be at Purdue a bit this year, and my gf just graduated from there last semester. I'm just wondering if there's gonna be another Purdue cruise this year again because that would be great! I went last year and it was awesome. I should have my car done in a couple weeks. I blew a head gasket and spun a bearing a couple weeks ago on my bolt on SS. So I'm getting it built by Straightline Performance out in New Lenox, IL. It's gonna have forged internals with a big heads/cam setup and tune. Hope to go cruise with some of yall this year!!!!!!!
I don't know when the cruise is going on this year but I'm planning on going and would like to see your car when u get it all built up !
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by burnemup!
No kidding! Not just to mention that but if they are painted, which most are, they scratch from the car washes and even when they are clean, they always look dull.

i had c5z rims podwercoated glossblack.... they were impossible.

i then plastidipp'd them flat black and they looked better imo
and any sratches, i just rinsed them an hit them with another coat
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burnemup!
You take your car through car washes?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Yes, my car is a DD and I take them through Mike's Express. Can't pass up Works Wash monthly plan for $35/mo.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

I never take mine thru wash... Sits too low... Missed the rockers and doesnt spend enough time on the bumpers and doesnt relinse thouroghly enough. I always do it by hand unless its sooo terrible (like the time we went to a field party.. Pretty sure i cried because she was so dirty... Spend 6 hours that next day cleaning)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jadedbird
I never take mine thru wash... Sits too low... Missed the rockers and doesnt spend enough time on the bumpers and doesnt relinse thouroghly enough. I always do it by hand unless its sooo terrible (like the time we went to a field party.. Pretty sure i cried because she was so dirty... Spend 6 hours that next day cleaning)
LOL! When it's dirty I freak too but there are situations I don't put myself in that will cause it to get THAT dirty, though. As for the height issue I have ran into a couple of places where I regreted taking it but once I replaced the CAT converter that got a hole punched into by the guide rails, I make sure I take to only specific washes that allow it to clear. My car now has 130k miles on it and until I spend the $8k to get it completely repainted, she will be pushed through the car wash, LOL! She's special to me but not that special. Especially since she's caused me so much pain and in spending money on her. For being a daily driver I've spent more on her that she cost me to buy her. Of course she runs and drives much better than she did when I got her too!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Ill be out with a new hotrod this year. pretty excited, since the GTO i havent really been out much, took the last stand down to RPM last summer one time, but decided it wasnt right so scrapped it, this new GT is clean and will be built right, pretty excited!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

sale pending on my lq4 whoot
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know where to go to get some decals installed on a car in the Indianapolis area? I have some heritage stripe decals that I want to get installed and I'm having trouble finding someone to do it. The paint on this car is show quality and I want to get a show quality installation on the decals...seems there isn't many places who do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
Does anyone know where to go to get some decals installed on a car in the Indianapolis area? I have some heritage stripe decals that I want to get installed and I'm having trouble finding someone to do it. The paint on this car is show quality and I want to get a show quality installation on the decals...seems there isn't many places who do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
any good body shop can do that for you.

doing yourself is pretty easy though. Just get one of those laser level things so you know you have a straight line, some dish soap, a squeegey, and some patience
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

yeah after i get my paint touched up im going to get some flat black blackbird stripes for my ram air hood.

i dont trust myself tho.. ill pay my "cousin-in-law" (if that was a thing) to do it for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Anybody looking for a bare ls1 block I have one for sale
Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Teching In

When's everyone getting together for a cruise this year. I'm up by Purdue. Been a few years since I've been on one and just got my next car underway.

85 trans am 5 speed t-top 350. Getting ready to pull motor and do a 383 build and hopefully pick up another moser 9".
Anyone got any suggestions on what kind of cam kitI should go with.

I'm very interested on going on a spring cruise soon. A few years ago I went on one and it was amazing and a great time.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

High schooler from the Greenwood area checking in. Just recently got my second Fbody. A 97 red z28 M6. I rarely see LT1 maros around here. Hope to go to the track alot this summer
Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
Jeremy Ross owns a body shop off of penelton pike and one of his camaro's he installed the hockey stripe.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Jeremy Ross owns a body shop off of penelton pike and one of his camaro's he installed the hockey stripe.
I wish I would have taken the car there!

I ended up taking it to Indy Pro Graphix in Whitestown, the quality of installation was horrible. They lost the plastic trim piece from the underside of the deck lid and kept asking me if it was really on the car when I brought it to them. They finally found it 20 minutes later. The stripes were rough looking in certain spots especially on the deck lid. They offered to make a new decal for the ones on the rear that looked the worst. When removing the glue from the decal they used a dirty rag off the shop floor and made scratches all over the deck lid. I also noticed some scratches on the roof of the car where it looks like they laid something on it and pulled it off. At that point I made them stop and took the car home before they did any more damage. Once I got home I looked at the car closer and found scratches surrounding every stripe. I ended up taking off the remaining stripes myself. Now the car needs buffed to get all the scratches out.

Stay far away from this company! After this experience I won't be putting the decals on.

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!