Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Need opinions on LCA and Subframes

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need opinions on LCA and Subframes

Hey guys, possibly gonna cam my bolt on SS this winter. just added ls7/ls2 clutch kit. the car is a weekend warrior with more street crusing than strip. I just noticed the UMI sale going onand contemplating should I jump on a set of single adjustable LCA`s and tubular subframes. should I go with 2pt subframes or go with 3 pt subframes? do you guys think I need either or just save my money on the cam kit? thanks fellas
Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would definitely do the subframe connectors, but you can get by without the LCAs for right now. I would go with the 2 point, either tubular or boxed. The 3 point is overkill and not needed, even on a full out drag setup.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Hey Matt, was hoping you would have an answer for me. right now I have the UMI adjustable torque arm and UMI relocation brackets. should I go ahead and get the single adjustable Lca`s (will I need new bolt kit or no?) while there on sale for $152 or hold off? im gonna get the 2pt tubular sunframes. I might start shedding some weight too.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Retired Street Racer

The LCAs will help, and are worth the $150 or so that you will pay. Like I said, you can get by without them if you don't have the money right now, but if you do, you might as well do it all at once. If you do get the UMI ones, definitely get the single adjustable ones. I personally have the Pavlock Performance aluminum LCAs with the rod ends, and I love them. I have gone 1.47 60fts with them, their aluminum & rod ended PHR, a UMI trans mounted torque arm, UMI boxed SFCs, and the Spohn chrome moly 1" sway bar.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

I went ahead and ordered the 2pt subframes bolt in will weld later, and the single adjustable LCA. didnt know if my stock bolts would fit or not so I got the bolt upgrade kit too. maybe shedding some weight, cam/springs/tune/new clutch and suspension will get me in the 11`s. Maybe I can photo shop your car pullin em and make it my car,,,wooohooo.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the 2-point UMI ties. They were very nice pieces. I never installed them though. I sold them to mzoomora on here and he's loving them so far(he's had them over a year).
Old 11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by ski23
I went ahead and ordered the 2pt subframes bolt in will weld later, and the single adjustable LCA. didnt know if my stock bolts would fit or not so I got the bolt upgrade kit too. maybe shedding some weight, cam/springs/tune/new clutch and suspension will get me in the 11`s. Maybe I can photo shop your car pullin em and make it my car,,,wooohooo.
Good call on the bolt kit. For $10 or whatever it is, I always do the same. And definitely get those SFCs welded in. Straightline Performance can do them for you for a good price.

At this point I would get a good spring and shock combo & at least a 1" sway bar. QA1 "R"s for the front shocks, with the 275lb springs, and you can get by with a Comp Eng 50/50 shock in back with the stock springs. As far as sway bar goes, the Spohn 1" chrome moly for $150 works great for a street/strip car. That is the same setup I have and good results have come out of it.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

well I was on sportlines all the way around but, the rear was draggin ***. I put the stock rear springs in minus 1.5 coils and the car has a nice rake to it now, and the ride is MUCH better. Im still lost on my cam choice tho. noob to internals. defintely want the LOPE and not looking for peak HP numbers. looking to cam/springs etc.. and would like to see mid to high 11s if possible. I talked to mikey awhile back about it but, I didnt push the issue.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by ski23
well I was on sportlines all the way around but, the rear was draggin ***. I put the stock rear springs in minus 1.5 coils and the car has a nice rake to it now, and the ride is MUCH better. Im still lost on my cam choice tho. noob to internals. defintely want the LOPE and not looking for peak HP numbers. looking to cam/springs etc.. and would like to see mid to high 11s if possible. I talked to mikey awhile back about it but, I didnt push the issue.
Yeah Sportlines are not the greatest spring out there. I have stock cut springs in back and then adjusted mine in the front with the QA1 setup.

As far as a cam goes, for a good streetable cam with useable power and a nice lopey idle, I would go with the 228/228 .588/.588 on a 112 LSA, and a set of Comp 918 springs.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
12 Second Club

I dont wanna worry about the 918`s breaking, Ill probably just go with patriot duals and be done with it. After hearing,driving heymoej`s SS after his cam, think I wanna go bigger than that. Not sure what it was, but ill see if he remembers. He also wished he went bigger so im gonna take his word for it. MS4 in the back of my mind tho
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Retired Street Racer

I would do the MS3 before I would do the MS4. I had that one in my '00 and loved it. If you go in the drag racing section and do a search for the MS4, you will not find anything, and there's a reason for that. I would stick to an XE-R ground cam.