Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

FS: LT1 ported heads, T56 swap, built 4L60E, PTC convter

Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: LT1 ported heads, T56 swap, built 4L60E, PTC convter

The new setup is slowly coming together, so it's time for me to sell of what I'm not going to need. Prices are pretty firm, but I'm willing to work with the buyer on delivering if they are close. I'm also open to trades. I'm looking for either a set of heads (something around 200cc intake runners, flow in the 280-290 range) or a rear end. 12 bolt prefered, but I'll work with a 9" if the deal is right. I have more use for good parts rather than just money.

First up is a T56 swap from a 93 Z28. I haven't had time to check if it is a M28 or M29 gearbox, but I'm pretty confident it is a M29. I'm told that the gear box shifted smoothly with no grinding or notchiness before it was pulled from the car.

Included in the swap:
T56
Hydrualics
pedals
pressure plate
clutch
TOB
flywheel
shifter handle
crossmember

$1300 + shipping.

next up, I have a built 4L60E done by a local shop. I'd have to dig out the reciepts again, but below is what I remember having bought for it. It was about $700 worth of parts. It's not the most "built" 60E out there, but it should handle anything a bolt on/ small power adder car can throw at it. The tranny only has about 3000 miles on it. Due to engine trouble I really never got to see what it could do. It has no track passes on it and only a handful of WOT shifts. The torque conveter with it is a 10" street converter that stalls around 3200 rpm. It was custom built by PTC.
www.ptcrace.com <<< go there for more info.

I'm looking for either $800 for the tranny and $300 for the converter or if you buy both, $1000. I'm willing to deliver within a certain distance otherwise, buyer needs to pay shipping or arrange to pick it up.

Alto Red Eagle Clutches and full thickness kolene steels
Alto Carbonite Powerband
Sonnax .490" oversized valve
Superior billet overdrive and intermediate servos
29 element sprag
Pinless Accumulator piston
1-2 accumulator "white" spring
high output pump slide spring
Billet aluminum forward apply piston

Last but not least..... I have a set of ported LT1 heads. The porting was done by Hi Flow Heads in Alsip, IL. They have a reputation of doing some great work. Unfortunately, I bought the heads third or fourth hand and no one could remember what they flowed. What I do know is they are 180cc intake runners with 56cc combustion chambers. The previous owner had them on a 355 w/ a solid roller cam and went 10.76's on motor and 9.8X on nitrous. Here's the basics:

LT1 castings, 180CC intakes, 56cc chambers.
2.02/1.6 Ferrea 5000 valves .100" longer than stock
Crane "10308" springs
7/16" screw in ARP studs
Comp Cams Guide plates

Looking for $1000 + shipping.

Search this Thread