Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Central IL

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Car is currently in storage till spring. Then it will be going up to Straighline. I'll let you know when.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley-Davidson88
I don't think you would have been pleased with the outcome.

I'm not a big fan of spectators...it just increases your chances of getting in trouble. I usually just set something up with someone I know and go have fun on a back road somewhere.
Why? I just enjoy racing, if his car is faster than mine it must be pretty bad *** and I'm fine with losing to bad *** cars. However, I'm going to assume that means hes turbo'd. Not to mention none of you have any idea about my car other than its a TA.

Surge-
I really have no intention of racing your Grand National because they have a history of being very fast cars, also it being around since the mid-80's, you have had a very long time to mod it. I was just curious about the power it was putting down. Generally, car people like to talk about their cars rather than avoiding the question with a quick little comment. There is always someone with more money, and that has a faster car. I just like bullshitting about cars and seeing some cool set-ups of stuff I hope and wish I'll be able to do someday. It's all in good fun. If any of you guys ever need an extra pair of hands just holler, I'm always up for learning something new.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pddye
nah sometimes i drove my camaro but i just got the t/a. Usually it was the teal f150 with the big *** topper.
I do see ALOT of people everyday. Next time you stop in just say something to me. I'm the youngest out of the group of counter guys.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

HD is Central IL's very own racing Ninja.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CWW17
Why? I just enjoy racing, if his car is faster than mine it must be pretty bad *** and I'm fine with losing to bad *** cars. However, I'm going to assume that means hes turbo'd. Not to mention none of you have any idea about my car other than its a TA.
Then go for it. I really don't care. Just giving you a little heads up.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
HD is Central IL's very own racing Ninja.
I am, indeed, a ninja
Old 12-12-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Go Nick Go!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just enjoy racing, if his car is faster than mine it must be pretty bad *** and I'm fine with losing to bad *** cars.
I really have no intention of racing your Grand National because they have a history of being very fast cars
???

For the record, it's not *my* GN, it's my younger brother's (buzzinhalfdozen). However, it resides in my garage, and we all know that posession is 9/10 of the law.

Plus I've got a set of keys...

Didn't mean to be short with you. Maybe I just took it the wrong way because I don't know you and the first thing you say to me is bragging about "putting lengths" on me? Anyways, stop by sometime and introduce yourself, and you can help turn wrenches on the truck that will pull lengths on your TA next summer
Old 12-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Launching!

im in pekin, silver TA with a ceta bumper
Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

cww - I'll be heading down there tomorow for a pickup. I've got to get the exhaust setup on the t/a tomorow too so i might take that down or maybe the truck.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Teching In

pddye-
I won't be there tomorrow... I got the whole week off! No school + No work = me very happy

Surge-
I seriously was not trying to brag. You may of not even been getting on it I dont know.
The only reason I knew it was you is cuz you passed me after the whole thing then turned into your driveway before I turned into the 2nd entrance. I know those things can be fast, I got a buddy in Washington with a turbo diesel that runs low 12's all day. But I got few things up my sleeve this winter as well It's all in good fun though man. I'm not one of those people that thinks I have the fastest and baddest ride ever. Does that blue truck of yours have kind of a wooden plank style(?) bed? If so, I checked it out once down at Pete's in town... It's a really nice truck!

Harley-
I know your camaro is fast... Ben was trying to tell me about it, but all he really knew for sure was that you 'did a bunch of **** to it' and 'it's fast!' What all you got done to it? Do you do all the installs yourself? Also whats that Supra run? Do you know the guy?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

CWW17... Surge knows AJ pretty well... you on CSS yet? if not get there.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Is that you Eric? And yes, I joined it a few weeks ago!

Last edited by CWW17; 12-13-2007 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Surge-
I seriously was not trying to brag. You may of not even been getting on it I dont know.
The only reason I knew it was you is cuz you passed me after the whole thing then turned into your driveway before I turned into the 2nd entrance. I know those things can be fast, I got a buddy in Washington with a turbo diesel that runs low 12's all day. But I got few things up my sleeve this winter as well It's all in good fun though man. I'm not one of those people that thinks I have the fastest and baddest ride ever. Does that blue truck of yours have kind of a wooden plank style(?) bed? If so, I checked it out once down at Pete's in town... It's a really nice truck!
Right on, dude. No harm, no foul. Let's duke it out on the street

My junk is certainly not the fastest, but it does ok and surprises the **** out of a lot of people Swing by, and I'll take you for a ride.

Yeah, you must be talking about AJ. His rig runs real good.

Originally Posted by ssvert99
CWW17... Surge knows AJ pretty well... you on CSS yet? if not get there.
Hey Eric, didn't realize that you were on here, much less a site sponsor! How's it going? Did Greg get the tune sorted out on your camaro yet?
Old 12-13-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Harley-
I know your camaro is fast... Ben was trying to tell me about it, but all he really knew for sure was that you 'did a bunch of **** to it' and 'it's fast!' What all you got done to it? Do you do all the installs yourself? Also whats that Supra run? Do you know the guy?

My car is just a bolt-on car for now (except for the nitrous)...still has the stock heads and cam. It runs really good for what it is. I do all the work myself. I enjoy doing it.

I know the guy who owns the Supra and know about what his car would run. Now, I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm not the type to go around telling people about everyone else's setups. If he wants to tell you, that's fine. It's really not my place. He is an older guy, his name is Wayne, and he is a very nice guy. You'll just have to ask him if you see him out.

The reason why some people may seem a little short with you is because nobody really knows you, and you start asking about everyone else's setups without even mentioning one thing about yours. It can be a touchy subject to some.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yessss...

well, the tune is ok... but thats about it. we didn't get much time with it being that it only ran for the last 3 weeks of the season, and i spent most of that fighting the supercharger belt. warmer weather and some rebound time will help now. probably gonna have to do some combo change with the engine. heads don't wanna stay on it real well. boost+full exhaust=headaches can you say LSX????
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Harley-Davidson88
My car is just a bolt-on car for now (except for the nitrous)...still has the stock heads and cam. It runs really good for what it is. I do all the work myself. I enjoy doing it.

I know the guy who owns the Supra and know about what his car would run. Now, I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm not the type to go around telling people about everyone else's setups. If he wants to tell you, that's fine. It's really not my place. He is an older guy, his name is Wayne, and he is a very nice guy. You'll just have to ask him if you see him out.

The reason why some people may seem a little short with you is because nobody really knows you, and you start asking about everyone else's setups without even mentioning one thing about yours. It can be a touchy subject to some.
I'd like to come check it out sometime. Mine is strictly bolt-on as well and I'm hoping to add an 150 shot here within the month.

Eric knows me! And I'm one of your cousin's best friends. He speaks very highly of you.

My setup is nothing fancy, full bolt-ons, minus suspension mods. I have my springs and I'm waiting on getting struts (hopefully Koni's or Revalved Bilsteins) LCA's, Relo Brackets, and a Panhard Rod. Any suggestions on brand and where to buy them is welcome! Right now I'm set on buying that 150 shot.

I've got 2 options on the nitrous. I can get a wet plate kit from Harris Speed Works along with a bottle heater, remote bottle opener, and purge for 830. Or a Wet Kit from NX with a bottle heater and fuel pressure safety switch for 850. Any thoughts on which way to go? I'm kind of leaning towards the HSW based on the price and I've heard nothing but good things about their products and customer support.

My name is Collin by the way.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Personally, I would go with the NX. You can't go wrong with NX's quality and their customer service (trust me...I've had to test them on this with my TPS WOT switch). You don't need a remote bottle opener right off and you can always add it later on.

I went with a TNT F2 kit because I got a deal on it locally. If I didn't get the TNT kit, I would have went NX.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Elmwood here....I am on css. CWW-Are you lookin at the nx kit from Ryan?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Yes I am! How'd you know?