Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Southside of Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
And what part of the insurance doesnt cover non employees back there does everyone not understand? As for in not doing what Speed said, if you never even started the car, how can you see what it was doing at WOT? If everything is ok why does it only make 326rwhp? As for the A/F read the chart again, it was between 12.0-13.8 during the run. So any other bullshit slander anyone would like to spew? Sad thing is I'll give odds this guys is at Speeds open house eating they're free pizza.
Hey thate pizza was goood!!! Ok back on topic...
Old 03-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

O.K.. I lied and will make 1 more post in regards to this BS.

there was an injector unplugged and I even noted it on his invoice...check that please ( Eric )

I never said it was making all kinds of horrible noise nor did the tuner. We did say we hard some noise which sounded valvetrain related after the last run...maybe it was nothing and sorry for being cautious. The car did smoke some and even when it was out front idling it was smoking before it was loaded on the trailer.

I guess we could have continued to beat the car as bOOsted calls it and if something would have happened we would be screwing Eric too...I see it as a no win situation here with you guys.

as far as the dyno...sorry we did not let you back there to see the car breaking up and making short pulls. We do have insurance and cannot afford to lose our business to make someone excited to see there car on the dyno. This would have not been the case if the car didn't have issue's.

if a car is doing well on the dyno I try to make it a point to walk a customer back for the final run on the dyno...other then sumer time when the door is open as I metioned in another post which people are welcome to stand at theback overhead door.

if other shops let people in during full tuning session..I could care less.

The car has issue besides needing the tune completed...plain and simple.

it made a little over 320 RWHP which is way off for what it is and the A/F was 13.8-12.2 under WOT during that run.... this is not causing the car to be down on power
Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
I never said it was making all kinds of horrible noise nor did the tuner. We did say we hard some noise which sounded valvetrain related after the last run...maybe it was nothing and sorry for being cautious. The car did smoke some and even when it was out front idling it was smoking before it was loaded on the trailer.
That was exhaust...It was 20* out.

I remember someone saying it was making bad noises and you thought it was gonna come apart if it ran anymore...Then we get it back to the neighborhood and it's running perfect, not burning oil or making any valvetrain noises. That's the part I don't get. I don't care that the spark plugs were jagged off or the injector was unclipped(even though one of you came out and said you noticed the clip was missing, but that it didn't unplug itself or anything).

As far as not being allowed near the dyno...There's no reason why he couldn't be in the same room. I didn't say he needs to be standing right next to it...But he should be able to see his car run.

That must be a new policy though...Because there obviously weren't insurance worries when there were 10 people back there videotaping our blue notch on the dyno.

But anyways, I'm going to Pop's for a beef & cheddar.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt D
326rwhp out of a milled 6.0 heads and cam car?

PM me. I have a 5 gallon can of gas and a book of matches from Crazy Rock...
The heads weren't milled...They were gone through when the motor went together and we weren't sure if they had been decked at all..But it turns out they were straight and never were milled.

Ask Big Mike about how jagged off the tune is..He checked it out the other day for Eric.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
9 Second Club

Then we get it back to the neighborhood and it's running perfect, not burning oil or making any valvetrain noises. That's the part I don't get. "Qoute" So you guys are happy with the tune then, glad to hear it enjoy.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mechanically running perfect. It still needs the tune obviously...But it is driving around decently for him.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by b00sted
Mechanically running perfect. It still needs the tune obviously...But it is driving around decently for him.
Yet makes 326rwhp? I hate to see your idea of running bad!!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
And what part of the insurance doesnt cover non employees back there does everyone not understand? As for in not doing what Speed said, if you never even started the car, how can you see what it was doing at WOT? If everything is ok why does it only make 326rwhp? As for the A/F read the chart again, it was between 12.0-13.8 during the run. So any other bullshit slander anyone would like to spew? Sad thing is I'll give odds this guys is at Speeds open house eating they're free pizza.
it's is in the 13.0-14.0 range till like half way throught the post and then dips below 12.0 for the rest so idk whos dyno sheet their showing you cause if you want me to scan it and prove you wrong i will
Old 03-06-2008, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

and as for your burning oil next time take a smell of that it was the antiseize off end of the threads of the plugs you guys put in... if you even used antisieze.. and your tuner did tell me he noticed the clip was missing but it didnt come un-done and you were the one who said that he said it was making noise and that one of the tech in the shop same it was to on the way down from the pull... oh and did i mention that that horse power was from ONE full pull... so somehow i dont get that you can tell someone that they wont finish the tune because it make one bad pull... after the fact that the plugs and injectors were gone throught and sorted out?? so answer me that... has anyone else ever seen someone do one pull and give up cause of poor number... and as for your tune why dont you come to my house and smell it running in my garage and smell the RAW FUEL that it is dumping into the motor
Old 03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Milled or not, 326rwhp out of a heads and cam car is horrible. My stock internal car with a 4800 stall, and 3.73 gear and slicks made 340rwhp, and that was on a Mustang dyno which always reads lower. I would take it back to whoever wrenched on the car and have them fix it, or burn it.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Banned

it made a little over 320 RWHP which is way off for what it is and the A/F was 13.8-12.2 under WOT during that run.... this is not causing the car to be down on power

did you not read what I posted ?

The tune is not done, so it will not be correct at this point. I am glad you have an A/F meter built into your noise to determine it is that rich.

I did speak to Mike @ Straightline and they said they didn;t do much to the car or say we F'd up the tune as you stated before. I would take their work over yours and can only hope it is true.

again...we where looking out for you and not to damage the car. There is something wrong and I'm sure Straightline will find it not to be right under WOT either. I don't car how off the tune may be at this point it is still way down on power.

stop the BS already guys and get the car looked into further

We did not charge for anything we did not do, so you have not been ripped off. The only difference would be the cost of the full tune if we did not feel there where issues.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt D
Milled or not, 326rwhp out of a heads and cam car is horrible. My stock internal car with a 4800 stall, and 3.73 gear and slicks made 340rwhp, and that was on a Mustang dyno which always reads lower. I would take it back to whoever wrenched on the car and have them fix it, or burn it.
who told you it has heads on it... cause it dosent?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED

did you not read what I posted ?

The tune is not done, so it will not be correct at this point. I am glad you have an A/F meter built into your noise to determine it is that rich.

I did speak to Mike @ Straightline and they said they didn;t do much to the car or say we F'd up the tune as you stated before. I would take their work over yours and can only hope it is true.

again...we where looking out for you and not to damage the car. There is something wrong and I'm sure Straightline will find it not to be right under WOT either. I don't car how off the tune may be at this point it is still way down on power.

stop the BS already guys and get the car looked into further

We did not charge for anything we did not do, so you have not been ripped off. The only difference would be the cost of the full tune if we did not feel there where issues.
how did i determine that it was that rich.... how about the fact that when it; running all you smell is RAW FUEL... and the fact then when i stand next to a friends open headers bigblock on race gas i dont even smell that much fuel...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

now i see why it sounded so damn good, you have a damn 6.0 in it, lol.

But i agree, should be making more power then that. Dennis just got his dynoed today at Straightline and it put down 352/358 on a nitrous cam ls1 with a 3800stall and a 12-bolt with 3.90 gears.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Restricted User

I just want to clear our end up with what was found here. We will not stay in the arguement nor comment if possible.

Eric came here, said there was issues at Speed with his car. Asked me to look at it and Mike Hornback went with a short drive with him and scanned the car. Mike told him there was a lot left in the tuning that wasnt done. Eric said that he didnt finish the tune so that makes sense. The car does need to be tuned and from me listening to it for 5 minutes inside of the shop it seemed fine. I didnt hear anything out of the ordinary at all and that's what I told him. If there was something heard on the dyno, we wouldnt know it because we havent had it on the dyno nor done any type of tuning with it.

Regardless of what the issues were, I'd let it rest. Get the car tuned the rest of the way - regardless of who does it, and see how she does. The points have been made and I think everyones unhappy with the turn out.

The 3 shops in the area - Speed, FLP, & us are all peaceful within ourselves and we're happy to keep it that way. We keep the bashing and **** talking to a minimum because it makes yourself look bad when you're the one badmouthing. Larry did call me and ask me what was up, we discussed it, and I did let him know what happened here as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Boy Im happy my car is stock.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

So now you can smell antiseize burning? Can we nominate this kid for tool of the year?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Location: where ever i can store my car. (palos hills,il for now)

this sounds like a mess!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by EHat911
how did i determine that it was that rich.... how about the fact that when it; running all you smell is RAW FUEL... and the fact then when i stand next to a friends open headers bigblock on race gas i dont even smell that much fuel...
So that means it's 10-1? I wish I had your nose, then I wouldn't have just spent $450 on a dual wide band for my car. Really, stop posting. You sound like a ricer with a mag subscription and you think you know everything about cars. Until you get the car on another dyno under WOT you will not know what Jim the tuner heard. The fact that they ear on the side of caution with your motor gets them bad marks in your book, that is unbelievable.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM

ok this thread is done!

it sure sounds that there are other issues with the car.

From my experiance, my cam only lt1, heads and cam lt1 and a cam only ls1 i can assure you that from stock tune to full tune there is only so much power to be found depending on how radical the car is (15-30 HP?) or so? at the most!

i can tell you with an a4 and a 6.0 with cam and maybe heads? even if they tune the **** out of the car and it makes 350hp it's still way down on power. Take it for what it is.

but this thread is done

have a nice day everyone!

Quick Reply: Southside of Chicago