Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackhawk777
Anybody know of a good machine shop around the omaha area? I'm looking at a possible rebuild soon.
you would have to ask around. I have heard of Charlies speed and machine in Blair, but that's where nebraska falls of the chart. There isn't much for speed shops here.

Maybe there is more that someone else knows of.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by NebWS6
you would have to ask around. I have heard of Charlies speed and machine in Blair, but that's where nebraska falls of the chart. There isn't much for speed shops here.

Maybe there is more that someone else knows of.
Good luck finding a GOOD machine shop with LSX experience in nebraska...

There is Twin City auto in Scottsbluff where i do my dynoing they have lsx experience... but i have heard they are outragious on work...

Not so sure i would trust them either... they seemed to act kinda like smug when i told them i wanted atleast 500hp out of my current setup... They about **** when i put down 528hp and seen i could do alot more! LMFA

But ya i havent heard much on good shops in Nebraska that are experienced with the LSX's...
Old 11-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spook99maro
well my moving check should clear in the next couple of days so im gonna be in nebraska probably this weekend. anyone know if the kearney track is still open?

ill also be close to north platte cause my parents live in arnold if anyone wants to get a grp together to hang out.
Yeah I'd be game. Weekend is supposed to be in the mild 50's during the day all week with lows in the 30s. Just be prepared to clean that front off, your going to have to be wiping rice off all the time your here.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:39 AM
On The Tree

my front? lol the whole time ive been around north platte i dont think ive seen a single fast one. unless things have changed i think i would have to watch my quarter panel more when they try to pit maneuver me cause they are losing lol.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Yeah still the same to this day. 1 Honda Civic Si that never gives up too! I blew her away by about an airbus length in the T/A & similar in the Z if not worse once I could keep it hooked, yet she still smack talks the muscle cars (know the old line of "But I still beat you off the line!"). You'll be eating them alive, hence gotta keep cleaning that nose

So we can have some playing fun on Saturday night as I am off then. We could play around some and I'll get my buddy to bring out his 302 Neon R/T (Yes thats right a 302 ford 5.0 in a neon) as there is a couple real nice roads that opened up recently that are sweet for racing on. Theres also a blown 302 Maverick (that won't admit he has a blower, yet you can hear it and see it clear as day. Then when you beat him he makes up something wrong with his car...)

Not sure how my Z would hang against another modded F-body. It would be cool to see for sure--still working out a minor kink in it that has me scratching my head--but I'd still race it, it just might not be at full potential. Would bring out the T/A but its got the engine out & trans dropped atm.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

302 in a neon eh? converted to rwd? so is the maverick and the neon pretty fast? i havent been to the strip since i installed all the boltons but id say its at least mid to low 12's. also got my mt et street radials in the back seat right now for the move . sunday me and my buddy from arnold are gonna do my suspension since i dont have a welder out here in cali and they want to charge me almost 500 to install subframes and lca relo brackets......

I should be able to talk eric into coming out he has a white 99 t/a so you have probably seen him around. his car we dont know what all is done to it lol. i never really took the time to look. he says it has shorties with full exhaust and cutout. even when its capped is loud as hell so i think it has a lm1 on it. still has ls1 intake though. might be lowered its been a long time since ive seen it lol. i know his right tire sticks out cause he has a stock phb so its either lowered or his phb is bent like mine lol.

Plan is to install all the parts i have stashed that i havent put on yet lol. sfc, ud pulley, lca's, lca relo bkts, kyb agx front shocks, phb, 160 thermo (may wait on this i like how the heat works right now in the winter)
Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spook99maro
302 in a neon eh? converted to rwd? so is the maverick and the neon pretty fast?
Haven't raced the neon, it pretty much got done a week ago & is in the "street testing". Yeah converted to rwd. He's got a 5spd, the 302 came from an interceptor as well as most of the drivetrain. He has to ease into it from a dig because otherwise its a big smoke show. But from the looks it'll scoot right along, think it will be more of a roll racing type car then from a dig however until he can bring his traction under control.

The maverick, its not bad. Faster then what you'd expect from a maverick but still able to be taken down. Raced him twice from a dig, he beat me off the line first time & started gaining ground instantly back once in 2nd however missed third and backed off. 2nd time around I hooked without problem and caught every gear and kept him about car, car and half back whole way. There is a Mach 1 here and 2 Terminators too. The Rice burners are more organized and seem to associate with each other, the muscle cars are kinda fractured into small groups
Old 11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
^ we need to run'em sometime in the future also
Which Car??? the GTO or the Z06??
Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Which Car??? the GTO or the Z06??
doesn't matter to me
Old 11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well lingenfelter called me today and said there are starting on the car. They also talked me into the 630 package instead of the 660 because of the cam size. They said they have never done the 660 package on an auto z06 they only did the 630 with the auto , so i told him to do what he thinks is best they are the experts. I asked him what numbers it put down thru the auto and he looked at a customers and it came out to 510 rwhp and 474 rwtq on mustang dyno. I didnt think that was bad at all considering i put down 531 rwhp and 478 rwtq on 4.6psi. Since this package is alittle cheaper they are doing the fast 102 and the gears which i already had planned. He did assure me it would be as fast or faster than what it was before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqjfMYNAjc
Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1BAD_LS1
Serious question here...

How can all these younger guys around 21-25 afford several toys? I cant even afford a house yet! I am having a hard enough time paying off the TA, and my bills....

Just seems like im working like a motherf**ker and slowy doing mods and paying my bills. while other guys my age have 3 cars, a pickup, a bike, a boat, and a house! and they are out living it up while i sit my *** at home because i cant afford mods and to go out all that often...

So what am i doing wrong? Is there a secret i dont know about or what???? LMAO
well some people live beyond their means and all that stuff you see may be on some credit cards,Other's just have good jobs that pay well and choose to spend the money on cars, some peoples parents pay for stuff, and some scrounge around for deals on cars and parts.
For alot of us it takes time or deciding what you want your priorities to be, in order to make a car come together. Spending most of your money on the car if you don't mind skimping in other area's is alright with some people.

I really wouldn't worry about it, you are farther along than most. Some people spend all their life with a car in their garage saying "one of these days I will build it up" and it never happens. Look at all the people selling cars saying they have no time or money to work on them.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Clint you gonna get the lingenfelter badge and FRC's? Just curious
Old 11-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by clint195
Well lingenfelter called me today and said there are starting on the car. They also talked me into the 630 package instead of the 660 because of the cam size. They said they have never done the 660 package on an auto z06 they only did the 630 with the auto , so i told him to do what he thinks is best they are the experts. I asked him what numbers it put down thru the auto and he looked at a customers and it came out to 510 rwhp and 474 rwtq on mustang dyno. I didnt think that was bad at all considering i put down 531 rwhp and 478 rwtq on 4.6psi. Since this package is alittle cheaper they are doing the fast 102 and the gears which i already had planned. He did assure me it would be as fast or faster than what it was before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaqjfMYNAjc

500+ NA HP in that vette should be badass. How much does it weigh?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
Clint you gonna get the lingenfelter badge and FRC's? Just curious
I am getting the badges $44 for 2 of them and i think the windshield decal. Usually i am not for the decal but i am going with a silver one. NO on the FRC they wanted $500 for them as they are tin and not plastic no way could i see paying that much.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Launching!

500+ NA HP in that vette should be badass. How much does it weigh?
3160 stock weight but i have the auto. Dont the auto weigh a tad more?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Restricted User

3160 stock weight but i have the auto. Dont the auto weigh a tad more?
~3100-3200lbs seems average.... nice thing is that you dont have the extra weight of the FI stuff....

Im just trying to figure what i need to put down to hang with ya! lol....

I weighed my car the other day and figure it will be around 3500-3600 after i get rid of a few things.... Im gonna have to be making 100hp more to hang with you! need to work on the driver mod also....

I really need to get the power drop at 5500 figured out.

your gonna have to post some vids when its done!!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Launching!

I will get it weighed at the local co op where my dad works when i get it back.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Restricted User

I will get it weighed at the local co op where my dad works when i get it back.
where do you live exactly? I worked for the Hemingford COOP for a few years.. know a few people from the nebraska and surrounding state coops.

now i work for SIMPLOT (a chemical and fertilizer company) as a Truck Driver/Applicator .......
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Launching!

where do you live exactly? I worked for the Hemingford COOP for a few years.. know a few people from the nebraska and surrounding state coops.

now i work for SIMPLOT (a chemical and fertilizer company) as a Truck Driver/Applicator .......
I live in Schuyler. My dad works at husker co op.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Restricted User

I live in Schuyler. My dad works at husker co op.
Ya i dont know anyone there.... that is by columbus and central city right?????? columbus is like 8hours away from alliance. lol

Quick Reply: Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!