Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

I'll show my boobies to anyone around SE ILL who will help me

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008 | 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

are you talking about the speakers in the very very back of the car around the hatch area or the ones directly behind the front seat?? reason is that i think the ones directly behind the front seats (in the walls) are 6 by 9...i think...and there are 2 sets of speakers in the VERY VERY back...i think 6 by 9's again and 4 inchers. could be wrong about the sizes, but i know they are there... i have never personally replaced the speakers in my car...i had same monsoon system you did but i just changed the deck. my wife has all Sony speakers in her 84 Z28 witha Sony deck, and i haven't heard a better sound yet. the Sony brand stuff is fairly inexpensive, and sounds great (my opinion). only problem is with different speakers you may have to adjust the fade on the sound levels on your deck system to make the new speakers blend with the old ones good. sometimes that happens with different brand speakers...unless you are changing all of them, which in that case you should be ok. good luck

PS...i REALLY REALLY didn't need to see that pic.... ::puke::
Old 02-01-2008 | 10:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Good advice. I'll change them all, though I hear the Monsoon makes ou consider some things. I really want to keep the CD player as I don't want to spend money on another.

Quick Reply: I'll show my boobies to anyone around SE ILL who will help me