Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

HOw bad is fbody theft in Chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am by no means trying to judge a person who modifies honda's. But around here I hear about a lot more import thefts whether its just parts or the whole car. And I am friends with a guy who owns a shop that specializes in import tuning so I hear about whenever someone gets parts stold from their cars. It seems like there are more crooked people in the import scene than that of domestics IMO. Lots more punk *** kids and dead beats that can't just work for money to buy parts like the rest of us. Maybe I am stereotyping, but I tell it like I see it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

no stereotype at all. That's the truth. It's just funny how there's still lots of older folks into imports and they are still out there doing these buffooneries.

Wheels, well I hope not, but still I'll keep an eye out on any ****' looking at my car(s).
Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Teching In

If your worried just get a good alarm/security system and you'll be fine. I havent seen any stolen F bodies in my area since I could drive. Then again I dont really see a lot of them in my area. I'm also glad to say I have a completely unmolested 2002 WS6. Only thing thats been changed is the oil and filters.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, that's another thing. These cars are not easily available, or that common.

Cars that are stolen the most are the popular, well sold cars, which surprises me. Doesn't well sold = cheaper parts?

hence no point in stealing, but that's the way it is.

Quick Reply: HOw bad is fbody theft in Chicagoland