Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

98 firebird auto transmission needed

Old 02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 firebird auto transmission needed

Hello , I just got a 1998 ls1 firebird and I am looking for an auto trans . It was making a clunking noise when You get on the gas hard . I thought it might be the tranny mount letting the tranny come up and hit on something , but I replaced that and it is still doing it . I am starting to think it is the transmission itself . Whats weird is the tranny shifts fine and doesn't make any noise until You get on the gas hard. But If someone around here has a tranny , I would be interested . I am in Des Moines , Iowa . I am also looking for someone to help me change gears in the rear axle after I get the car going good . Right now it has the 2.73 posi with the 2 series carrier . Can I get 3.73 gears for the 2 series carrier ? I know where to get a three series carrier if it wouldn't be that much extra work to swap while I am doing the gears . Then I could just get a set of stock 3.73 gears . Any help answering My questions would be appreciated . Also , I am looking around for a used set of hooker or pacesetter headers for sale .

Last edited by iowahawkeye5; 02-26-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're just looking for a stock tranny that still works hit me up in a PM. i don't have a working cell phone now, i'm still in iraq for another 2 months. I have a 4L60E that is getting ready to come out of my car for a built transmission. the transmission has 102k miles on it, and i'll have no use for it so i'd be willing to let it go pretty cheap. the car is in the indianapolis, IN area right now.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have a stocker in shitty shape that probably needs to be rebuilt in about a week.

Search this Thread