Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

spotted a ls1 tauras aka trans am.. who??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

:

Damn matt never read you ever getting P.O.'d.
I hope you dont include me in that category!
I agree let the car get tuned with whoever and have him post up the results and if he was wrong then admit it and apoligize PERIOD!
I post up to be helpful that's all! Pauly,Chris,MArio,Eric can attest to that!
I too am getting a little fed up with these threads bashing and name calling, KNOWING that this is the COOLEST section on TECH!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
I think this thread should be closed now. I mean, who's shop sells more, who fucked up, who did this. My cam is bigger than yours, blah blah blah... Lets get it figured out, without the dick swinging eh? Absolutely no good can come from kicking it around for days on end.
Yes PLEASE close this thread.. im so sick of hearing how much smarter everyone else is then someone else and vise versa. I go on this site to talk to sponsers and people who have had similar problems and maybe can lend a helping hand..That what LS1 TECH is for.. the progression of the ls based cars. NOt my dick is bigger then yours ****.. How old are we now guys.. 15
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AGREED
Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt D
Exactly Jerry! I am so sick and tired of people on here that think because they have 10,000 posts and a cammed LS1 that they know everything and are expert mechanics. Out of all of the heads and cam cars out there, I guarantee I would rape 99% of them with my daily driven stock internal car. Hell, I know of two or three built 383 stroker cars in the Chitown area that are slower than mine. You want to know why? Because Bill and I built it ourselves and did it the right way and didn't listen to all of the dumbasses on this ******* site. Some of the **** that is posted in here, esecially in the internal and external engine sections, blows my mind. It is a miracle that these people can even tie their own shoes.
Someone's got to post over there, why don't you stop by and help? As far as beating a heads/cam car.. sure, I can see that happening. But really only from a dig. Most people have cars like mine.. a cruiser driving on tires, not slicks, tolerable noise levels, comforts like a radio, and safety still included. And good luck with your SI record chasing. It looks like you're going to need a lot of money to get it now, but I hope you do.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt D
Why are you still arguing about this? Who gives a ****?
Take it easy bro. I have no beef with you so don't start. It was jus' a question regarding a comment that I thought had no facts to support it. Kinda like, "Lingenfelter.com makes more money than Katech."

Oh, and I give a ****.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ONEBADWS6
First I meant members, 2nd what the **** do you care?
Yea, I misread that. Don't be a dick about it.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Someone's got to post over there, why don't you stop by and help? As far as beating a heads/cam car.. sure, I can see that happening. But really only from a dig. Most people have cars like mine.. a cruiser driving on tires, not slicks, tolerable noise levels, comforts like a radio, and safety still included. And good luck with your SI record chasing. It looks like you're going to need a lot of money to get it now, but I hope you do.

I beat numerous heads and cam cars with my car last year. All in a 1/4 mile drag race. They were close to my weight, slicks and skinnies, open exhaust, etc. I was not comparing my car to a fullweight 224 cammed car. That is not apples to apples. I drive mine everyday. It is very tolerable due to the stock cam, it has more comfortable seats than stock, and I have an iPod dock with speakers to replace my radio. There are no creature comforts I miss. Less weight = less mass to move, hence my wonderful gas mileage. And thanks, but I am not going for it anymore. I can't cover a 10.65. I have a kit on the car now and I plan on going with a different route. I am going to have fun racing on PINKS and then bracket racing, racing at the NMCA superbowl, and beating cars that SHOULD be faster than me at SCC again.

Last edited by Matt D; 03-10-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Retired Street Racer

If you guys are going to be pissed at anyone, be pissed at ehat and b00sted. They are the ones who were talking **** in multiple threads and then got their panties in a bunch when Bill told Larry about this thread like a ******* middle school kid. He doesn't have the right to come in here and defend himself? C'mon, grow up. The problem is not who knows more or how to build this, but the people who built it, fucked it up, and are pointing the blame on Speed Inc. Most of you are missing that.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Lame thread, Ehat post an update someday, but in future when your car has all this little issues don't get on everyone else's case when your car was low on coolant, needed a jump start, and had a cross-threaded spark plug.

The End

Quick Reply: spotted a ls1 tauras aka trans am.. who??