Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

OUCH!! who got hit in the black SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008 | 01:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YoungSS

it's a piece. hopefully i can build it better now....

Josh

PART IT OUT
Old 03-17-2008 | 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

if you were to part, i would buy alot of parts
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:18 PM
Teching In

hey if anyone on here has been through this before... what is the norm for modified cars. so if someone had thousands invested in the car is that something insurance would consider or is it just like forget you. you only get blue book. i'm not sure what's going to happen to it yet i guess the adjuster is coming out tomorrow. so we'll see then... i just wanted to know what i should expect. i don't have any special coverage or anything like that either like for the parts....

FEEDBACK

Josh
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camarogrl99
haha no no...the guy in the right hand lane motioned him out...i was coming at a good clip in the lefthand lane. =)
Same thing happend to me in my first camaro.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, glad you are ok.

Young SS, unless your car was appraised and insured to that or your insurance company knows about your mods then you are screwed honestly.

If you have nitrous or anything like that thats in plain view I would hide it put the stock wheels and tires, there is a risk they could drop you if they find things that are obviously not stock. I would not worry about things like air lids and all.

I am getting my car appraised and my insurance company said they will insure it to that value instead of me just listing all the mods and trying to get a value for it.

But I would honesly get some stock wheels and tires on it before the insurance guy looks at it.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camarogrl99
haha no no...the guy in the right hand lane motioned him out...i was coming at a good clip in the lefthand lane. =)
Same thing happend to me in my first camaro.

Sorry to hear about the wreck, glad you are ok.

Young SS, unless your car was appraised and insured to that or your insurance company knows about your mods then you are screwed honestly.

If you have nitrous or anything like that thats in plain view I would hide it put the stock wheels and tires, there is a risk they could drop you if they find things that are obviously not stock. I would not worry about things like air lids and all.

I am getting my car appraised and my insurance company said they will insure it to that value instead of me just listing all the mods and trying to get a value for it.

A friend of mine is an insurance person and when they find out the car is modified for racing after a wreck then you can get screwed quick.

Quick Reply: OUCH!! who got hit in the black SS