Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

So Who Wiped out their Silver C5 Today on Harlem Ave. Southbound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy So Who Wiped out their Silver C5 Today on Harlem Ave. Southbound?

On my way home from work today about 5:00, and I saw thick black tire marks bouncing off the Median Curb and outside curb on Harlem Ave. just south of Midlothian Turnpike and just north of 151st., I figured some drunk lost it the night before (thirsty Thursday) so no big deal. Then I see a pretty wide rim laying on the side of the road, and I think to myself, That is Definately a Sports car Rim, Hope it was a Mustang, bad I know, and then it hits me, I see a Silver C5 up on the grass , front end wiped out, rear end wiped out, drivers side rocker panel crushed in, and the drivers rear tire, the lugs were mounted, but the rest of the rim was back up the road, never saw a Chrome Z06 Bust at the Spokes like that before. Anyways a pretty wicked wreck, so who was it? anybody know if the driver was ok? Hope your ok and Curious as to what happend. Funny enough I was on my way to Powerhouse Performance and figured it might have been a customer of theirs, they didn't know but had already heard about the accident
Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

I saw that **** too it was wicked. I was driving past there for work just after it happened and it was messed up! Then on the way back to the shop there was a big lifted f-250/350 with a trailer and they were gonna load up the car (all emergency vehicles gone) but the owner was standing outside the car both times I drove by so thank god he is ok but WTF was he doing? That rim was crazy how the whole outside like broke off. I was wondering if some1 was gonna post up on here about it...
Old 04-12-2008, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sucks...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Teching In

so you think!!! im kidding! hope not
Old 04-12-2008, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Location: where ever i can store my car. (palos hills,il for now)

my buddy told me about that also. that road sucks. i know the kid that died there last year. (the little white cross on the east side of the road.)
Old 04-13-2008, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I saw it!!!!!!!

When I saw some of the rim was still connected I was like WTF?
Then I saw the jacked up Vette nicely rested about 150 feet ahead on the grass.