Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Excessive noise ticket... fight it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Excessive noise ticket... fight it?

So I got a ticket yesterday for "Excessive noise - loud muffler" as was written on my ticket. Like there was nothing better to do in the #1 methlab county in the state than take 3 cruisers to pull over my loud car . So anyways its supposed to be $75. Are these like seatbelt tickets and don't affect moving violations and insurance? Should I show up to court and contest it - then what? Do I need any type of proof or something? OR should I just shell out the clams and get on with my life?

So much for small towns at night with lt's and loudmouth

I know I read in the paper in the past month about how they are going to crack down on this epidemic of "sound pollution."

Has anyone else gotten one of these? What do I do?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had to take my lm1 resonator off the car b/c it was too loud.. i never got pulled over for it but i knew it was just a matter of time.. technically i really dont see how they can truly give you a ticket unless in the laws it states that over a specific sound decibal is too loud.. in ohio they dont have anything like that but i dont know IL. check out your laws and see.. but IMO it would just be easier to pay the 75 bucks.. b/c it depends on who the judge is and what kind of mood the judge is in whether you would even get the ticket thrown out.. so if you ask me.. its not worth the time and effort to go and contest it..

Quick Reply: Excessive noise ticket... fight it?