Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

I was a bit concerned as I have no front plate and was there on 28" slicks in back. But it all worked out and I did one last hit off the transbrake when I left.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was one of the first ones out and first back to hooters!lol
Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its not the cops fault for everything being shut down.

Its everyones fault (whomever) was standing on the streets right next to the cars during the burnouts. Its not safe and its stupid, 180lbs human body vs 3000lb+ vehicle = no brainer!!!

Just like at RSD, the burn outs at speed inc is fun but people do not and should not be standing right next to the cars.

Scenerio 1 - driver A in a LSX car is lighting up his tires with 200+ people standing right on top of his car. He loses control, hits the crowd and kills a few people. Now dead spectators family members want justice, they sue the cops for not doing their job, they sue the city and they sue speed inc for hosting the event.

Scenerio 2 - semi truck driver/delivery guy or just a regular commuter can not drive down albion because too many people are blocking the road. they call the cops and bitch so the cops have to come do their jobs or they get in trouble. (like two years ago)

its simple when you go to the drag strip STAY OFF THE TRACK UNLESS YOUR RACING OR TECHING, when you have a get together like Speeds open house, STAY OFF THE ROAD AND STAY BACK FROM THE CAR.

guaranteed, it would not have been shut down so fast if people would have not crowded the street. Last year the event last longer but the street was not as crowded. the year before the cops shut it down because a semi-driver could not pass through.

This **** pisses me off, stupid behavior always ruins a good time! I can think of many times at RSD when I've been caught / stopped in the staging lanes waiting for douchebag spectators to get off the track it wasted my time.!

BTW. the cop was in the wrong for yanking someone out of the car, that was illegal and the cop should be busted! I would have like to have seen him try that with somebody bigger like me!

Regardless, it was still a good time and it was good to see many of you!

thanks to Mike for calming the cops down!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

That cop had a hardon for that poor kid that got arrested... someone should have called Schaumburg and filed a complaint on the cop that barreled into the crowd to drag him out of his car...

The whole thing was over done and the cop was far from professional.

-Eagle
Old 04-26-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ibanez7
BTW. the cop was in the wrong for yanking someone out of the car, that was illegal and the cop should be busted! I would have like to have seen him try that with somebody bigger like me!
I would have liked to see that too. You'd probably get loud and then take a mag lite to the head.

Guys like you are the reason CPD got their Mag Lites taken away.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b00sted
I would have liked to see that too. You'd probably get loud and then take a mag lite to the head.

Guys like you are the reason CPD got their Mag Lites taken away.
No, the cops themselves got their stuff taken away. I don't care how loud someone gets, you can't hit them. Had someone randomly grabbed me out of my car, it would be on. Cop would get stuck in the eye, and nothing he could have done about it. Can't blame someone for defending themself when they're getting car jacked, right?

Don't defend police brutality or extreme use of force please. They're just people, not mini-gods.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most people sing a different tune when it comes down to it.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

I did get a picture of one of the cops while leaving
Attached Thumbnails The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.-super-retard.jpg  
Old 04-26-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, Well for the group I was with my car is on a tow truck I geuss It may have been a good thing then huh?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Old 04-26-2008, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Reminds me of a Jack in the Box commercial gone wrong.....
Old 04-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vipermike2002
The Diceman strikes again!
Ford... Ford Farlane is that you
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Smoke is still coming out of his car haha
Old 04-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GoatChzLS1
He was not arrested but he was stranded so I gave him a lift home.
Gay *** cops!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Old 04-26-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wink

Originally Posted by ibanez7
Its not the cops fault for everything being shut down.

Its everyones fault (whomever) was standing on the streets right next to the cars during the burnouts. Its not safe and its stupid, 180lbs human body vs 3000lb+ vehicle = no brainer!!!

Just like at RSD, the burn outs at speed inc is fun but people do not and should not be standing right next to the cars.

Scenerio 1 - driver A in a LSX car is lighting up his tires with 200+ people standing right on top of his car. He loses control, hits the crowd and kills a few people. Now dead spectators family members want justice, they sue the cops for not doing their job, they sue the city and they sue speed inc for hosting the event.

Scenerio 2 - semi truck driver/delivery guy or just a regular commuter can not drive down albion because too many people are blocking the road. they call the cops and bitch so the cops have to come do their jobs or they get in trouble. (like two years ago)

its simple when you go to the drag strip STAY OFF THE TRACK UNLESS YOUR RACING OR TECHING, when you have a get together like Speeds open house, STAY OFF THE ROAD AND STAY BACK FROM THE CAR.

guaranteed, it would not have been shut down so fast if people would have not crowded the street. Last year the event last longer but the street was not as crowded. the year before the cops shut it down because a semi-driver could not pass through.

This **** pisses me off, stupid behavior always ruins a good time! I can think of many times at RSD when I've been caught / stopped in the staging lanes waiting for douchebag spectators to get off the track it wasted my time.!

Regardless, it was still a good time and it was good to see many of you!

thanks to Mike for calming the cops down!!!

You sure you not an Attorney my friend?
I was there in the supercharged and loud Elec Blue C5 Z06, and if anybody finds out whether the poor kid who got busted needs legal represenation shoot me a p.m., as I am the resident gear head Chicago area hot rodder's Attorney, and I sure they are going to charge him with some serious **** like reckless driving, negligent driving, and a bunch of other bullshit!!

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 04-26-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chicago Crew UnderBoss
You sure you not an Attorney my friend?
I was there in the supercharged and loud Elec Blue C5 Z06, and if anybody finds out whethr the poor kid who got busted needs legal represenation shoot me a p.m., as I am the resident gear head Chicago area hot rodder's Attorney, and I sure they are going to charge him with some serious **** like reckless driving, negligent driving, and a bunch of other bullshit!!
If that's the case, I'm sure I know a guy that got it all on video..
Old 04-26-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that cop looks like ben stiller.....im kind happy i wasnt able to make it now.....i ahte cops and i would have said some **** if that was me! i would have been arrested for sure! but im down to cruise now WHERE?!??
Old 04-26-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

He looks like Ray Romano's brother from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'
Old 04-26-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by b00sted
He looks like Ray Romano's brother from 'Everybody Loves Raymond'
hahahaha

he prolly loves his fellow officers nightsticks.

Quick Reply: The Official "I got ticketed at Speed Inc" thread.