Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc. Open House

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ski23
This was my first Speed open house, I had a good time. Even though the cops busted it up a little it was still a good day. The 40+ car caravan we had was cool. One line of good ol American Muscle riding together. I tried to fit one of those Twin turboed cars in my pocket but, no luck. Now that was one bad *** garage. How about the SUPER clean Sunset orange camaro? one CLEAN ****. Who almost kissed my hanging ***** coming down that off ramp? I saw it coming for some reason and pulled to the side of Heymoej. Glad I did cuz it was close. Anyways, thanks for the invite, thanks for the food/drinks and a great day hangin with fellow gear heads. 2 Thumbs up for the crew at Speed.
lol was tht why u were driveing real slow in the right lane for a while, cause i was wondering wht u were doin?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS184
lol was tht why u were driveing real slow in the right lane for a while, cause i was wondering wht u were doin?
Actually I was riding the right lane till Heymoej caught up. He forgot to stop at the ATM and had no cash so I was paying his tolls. Was pretty cool having that many cars riding together. everyone that passed us stared, I had a couple toll people ask what the hell was with all the nice rides.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

I had a good time, nice seeing larry and the guys and like always badass rides!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was definitely a great time and its the start of what should be a great season!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Actually I was riding the right lane till Heymoej caught up. He forgot to stop at the ATM and had no cash so I was paying his tolls. Was pretty cool having that many cars riding together. everyone that passed us stared, I had a couple toll people ask what the hell was with all the nice rides.
o ok...ya it was badass, people were def. stareing whn they drove by us, i cant wait to do something like tht again
Old 04-27-2008, 01:26 AM
12 Second Club

This was my first Speed open house, I had a good time. Even though the cops busted it up a little it was still a good day. The 40+ car caravan we had was cool. One line of good ol American Muscle riding together. I tried to fit one of those Twin turboed cars in my pocket but, no luck. Now that was one bad *** garage. How about the SUPER clean Sunset orange camaro? one CLEAN ****. Who almost kissed my hanging ***** coming down that off ramp? I saw it coming for some reason and pulled to the side of Heymoej. Glad I did cuz it was close. Anyways, thanks for the invite, thanks for the food/drinks and a great day hangin with fellow gear heads. 2 Thumbs up for the crew at Speed.

Was that you with the hanging *****? haha I was behind you for a couple miles. lol I took a picture of it I think... Never seen an f-body with those! hahaha Nice car! I had a red z28 w/ black z06 wheels and black accents all over the car *tail light corner lenses. etc. *
Old 04-27-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Junkie

didnt get a chance to go this year. Had some family stuff to take care of
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Wow that was the first open house I went to. Speed REALLY knows how to put on a open house!!! Thanks!!! Alot of great cars and a TON of people. I didn't know GM produced that many fbodys. lol . The cars in the shop were very cool.

It had to cost a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$ for all the food and drinks.

It was a great time. Who else had a good time??????
Was a lot of cars. Looked like a great time. Too bad the cops fucked it up. Although seemed like the only thing that speed gave a crap about was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!! They didn't have a great show, PLEASE!!! The guys that had cars and drove them to the show made it a great time. Speed hosted it so they can make some money, but that is all. They are the ones that instigate this **** by letting people do burnouts and drive like idiots. If they would of handled it like MEN, we all would never of gotten a ticket and all had a great time. I guess money is more important to them than keeping their customers.

FTG!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:59 AM
8 Second Club

Please show me where Speed inc. Told anyone to do burnouts. This BB is the instigator of that. Speed Inc. cannot control what people do on public property. Sounds like you did something Illegal and got caught and now blame Speed for your actions. Seems like you are a little salty now.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z8'S
Please show me where Speed inc. Told anyone to do burnouts. This BB is the instigator of that. Speed Inc. cannot control what people do on public property. Sounds like you did something Illegal and got caught and now blame Speed for your actions. Seems like you are a little salty now.
Wow they got you too!

First of all if you can read what I posted, I didn't say they told people to to do it. It was a free for all and they didn't give a rats behind what happened to anybody. They got the publicity out of the whold damn thing and are going to use it to their advantage. They could of done something about the burnouts and what people do there. They are hostng this get together and could be in control of it if they wanted to!!!! Ever hear of blocking of the street so nobody can drive like fucktards??? For the burnouts, it is illegal to do them on the street, so they can have people do burnouts in their backlot, plenty of space to do them there. That way nobody can get hurt or have a problem with the cops. Seriously what do you think the cops are going to do next year???? This event is ruined casue we all know the Schaumburg police are going to get some great revenue next year to if a shitload of people come. They can and will be dicks. If you would step back and really look at what happened here, it all goes back to speed inc. and what they didn't do.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

sorry, but the road can't be blocked due to some large businesses which are open.

We also can't take on the liability on our own property to host a burn out contest.

I'm sure we could end the burnouts by saying ...NO BURNOUTS or have a cop there to aid with that, but that still would not work. There are many cars which are borderline street cars and would most likely get tickets for many other things. The cops for the most part where cool from what a few people told me and let many people off for the many other things they had illegal on there cars.

The cops are on and off every year, and a few here and there get tickets...get over it already man.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Wow they got you too!

First of all if you can read what I posted, I didn't say they told people to to do it. It was a free for all and they didn't give a rats behind what happened to anybody. They got the publicity out of the whold damn thing and are going to use it to their advantage. They could of done something about the burnouts and what people do there. They are hostng this get together and could be in control of it if they wanted to!!!! Ever hear of blocking of the street so nobody can drive like fucktards??? For the burnouts, it is illegal to do them on the street, so they can have people do burnouts in their backlot, plenty of space to do them there. That way nobody can get hurt or have a problem with the cops. Seriously what do you think the cops are going to do next year???? This event is ruined casue we all know the Schaumburg police are going to get some great revenue next year to if a shitload of people come. They can and will be dicks. If you would step back and really look at what happened here, it all goes back to speed inc. and what they didn't do.
Wow ! do you really believe what you just typed? This has gone on for what 4 years now? And every year it gets bigger but the police attention stays the same . Yea they just happen to drive by and saw something going on. They also have the internet Einstein!
How much money do you think Speed Inc. makes at an open house?

Take a day and a half out of their schedule to prepare for the open house and all the food and beverages that they provide, total all of that together then take away their normal saturday's sale's. Yup sounds like they make big money.LOL Be for real
Personally it would be a cold day in hell when I would do it for the money they make.
Are you a customer of Speed Inc. or did you just show up for the Free lunch?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

yea, block off a public street lol. then do burnouts in a 100' parking lot. great idea.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nd4spd22
Was that you with the hanging *****? haha I was behind you for a couple miles. lol I took a picture of it I think... Never seen an f-body with those! hahaha Nice car! I had a red z28 w/ black z06 wheels and black accents all over the car *tail light corner lenses. etc. *
Ya that was my swinging nutz. send me or post up that pic. Your car was sharp blacked out. Definitley a clean ride you have there.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Burnouts is the risk each individual takes when doing it. You cannot say that the cops were wrong for how they responded. It IS illegal to do that, considered reckless driving. I am not saying I did not have fun doing a burnout, its just being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This year was a little over the top thou with the response. Still was a good time. If WORST comes to WORST and they say no burnouts anymore, really honestly big deal, you can still have the Open House and everyone will still come and enjoy the hospitality of Speed Inc and the huge free car show!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z8'S
Wow ! do you really believe what you just typed? This has gone on for what 4 years now? And every year it gets bigger but the police attention stays the same . Yea they just happen to drive by and saw something going on. They also have the internet Einstein!
How much money do you think Speed Inc. makes at an open house?

Take a day and a half out of their schedule to prepare for the open house and all the food and beverages that they provide, total all of that together then take away their normal saturday's sale's. Yup sounds like they make big money.LOL Be for real
Personally it would be a cold day in hell when I would do it for the money they make.
Are you a customer of Speed Inc. or did you just show up for the Free lunch?

Yah, I was a customer of theirs jackass. Until they send me a brake line that was already used and repacked that leaked all over my car and couldn't send me the right gasket twice. I came for the cars...not for the company or for the "free lunch".... funny how you mentioned the free lunch though. I would have gladly paid for lunch instead of a ticket but I guess that's my fault... went to that bullshit company because they were having a car show even though they screwed me over and look at that... I still got screwed by them.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:18 PM
8 Second Club

Yah, I was a customer of theirs jackass. Until they send me a brake line that was already used and repacked that leaked all over my car and couldn't send me the right gasket twice. I came for the cars...not for the company or for the "free lunch".... funny how you mentioned the free lunch though. I would have gladly paid for lunch instead of a ticket but I guess that's my fault... went to that bullshit company because they were having a car show even though they screwed me over and look at that... I still got screwed by them.
Grow up.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
sorry, but the road can't be blocked due to some large businesses which are open.

We also can't take on the liability on our own property to host a burn out contest.

I'm sure we could end the burnouts by saying ...NO BURNOUTS or have a cop there to aid with that, but that still would not work. There are many cars which are borderline street cars and would most likely get tickets for many other things. The cops for the most part where cool from what a few people told me and let many people off for the many other things they had illegal on there cars.

The cops are on and off every year, and a few here and there get tickets...get over it already man.
Really??? I never seen you run out there and talk to the cops when that kid was getting arrested or when we were getting tickets. Too busy cooking the hot dogs I guess Thanks man, you are the best. You can't take on the liability of a burnout on your property, although I'm sure you guys have done it before. I guess it would be a different story if someone got hurt on or near your property though? Or can you not take liability for that either? Maybe it was their own fault. They were doing something illegal so that's not your fault.

Working in a speed/performance shop you should probably know that your customers might do burnouts, try to race, might have mods on their cars. Knowing that, how about preparing so the people that support you don't have a bad experience at one of your events? Talk to the police ahead of time, post something saying "no burnouts" to the people who are going to come. Will someone still be stupid and do it? Probably, but at least then it will appear as if you have the best interest in mind for your customers, not just sitting back watching people buy your **** so you make some money.

Notice I said "appear as if you have the best interest in mind." Those that really know your company know you don't REALLY care. But at least it would look that way right?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

went to that bullshit company because they were having a car show even though they screwed me over and look at that... I still got screwed by them.
You screwed yourself. You knowingly operated your vehicle on a public road with equipment violations. Why can't you accept the blame, or are you that delusional?
Old 04-27-2008, 12:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Scrambleboi you are carrying on too much, I know it sucks getting a !front plate ticket. I got one in my old Z06, mailed to me. I got one in my turbo Formula too, while it was parked at a gas station, mailed to me again.

I was out there with the Camaro that has no front plate, was on 28" slicks, shorty dual exhaust, and I have about 40 stickers on it. Needless to say I was worried about getting tickets but I know that I took that chance by bring the car out.

Let's all dial down the arguing, anyone who does a burnout there takes a chance of getting pinched. We all know the cops will show up, this year it was a little sooner.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. Open House