Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc. Open House

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what that red camaro ss had done that kept doing burnouts. It was so loud and sounded almost like a supercar. Had dual/dual tips I think?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Nice event guys. I had to split in case they started raiding the parking lots for BS tickets before I could get any BMR stuff, but while I was there it was a great turnout. I do think people needed to stay out of the street more though.

Blaming Speed for your own infractions is just ignorant. But calling somone out to race because they are bitching is a close second IMO.

Last edited by BADSZ28; 04-28-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:05 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Okay guys take a breath, think about. You know based on the past Open Houses that the cops always show up, without fail. I drove out from basically Wrigleyville on 28" slicks hoping not to get a ticket, worked out. But I knew that I ran the risk.

But them writing no front plate tix is ghay. Let's move on. I tried getting some air under the fronts but I spun like I had just covered my rear tires in canola oil.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

A few observations from Saturday...People are crazy for getting so close to cars doing high wheel speed burnouts! There were some greedy bastards when the pizza got there! There were some really sick cars there & the turnout was great.

The cops are going to take full advantage of people breaking any laws in a situation like that, what do you expect???

Larry, thanks for taking time to show us & start up Bryan's SS, it sounds killer.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

But them writing no front plate tix is ghay. Let's move on. I tried getting some air under the fronts but I spun like I had just covered my rear tires in canola oil.
A for effort PSJ! Car looked and sounded great. You should have went to Tom or Larry and got some VHT. I bet you would have got some air then. The front end pulled pretty good on the last pass I saw (at least the suspension was dropped pretty good).
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Thanks. I saw some dude with 20 pieces of pizza, but I like to think he was getting it for his wife and kids, though he looked like he was a big eater.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Didn't even know about/see the inside area? I just walked up and down the street and through the parking lot. Guess I missed out.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I posted this on the MFBA board. Last year, I got nailed by flying shrapnel from a silver Camaro that blew a rear drivers side tire, shattering the fuel filler neck/surround. I was standing back on the curb too. People tend to mover out further in the street just to see, because one person taking pictures/film moves out and blocks their view then another person, then another person, and so on. This is just a recipe for disaster should one of those cars lurch out.

I got hit, no biggy, it was more like “WTF is that!” when it hit me, I’m a big boy, I can take a hit! I was simply in the wrong place at the right time. But seriously guys something can go wrong and go wrong quickly! If you’re one of those guys moving all the way out in the street and everybody behind you follows you, where is your escape route (if you can even escape) should a 400+ rwhp, roughly 4,000 pound, missile comes at you???

As to the Police, I have been to EVERY Speed Inc. Open House. There HASN’T been a year that Schaumburg Police have not shown. You know they’re coming at some point!! And at the end of the day, they’re just doing their job. It only complicates matters and makes it more difficult for Speed Inc. in the future with the general mob mentality (which is probably why the officer yanking the one guy out of his car acted like he did). Just think when Speed tries to go get a future permit to lease a bigger facility to meet their growth needs. The Village of Schaumburg can deny them, or make it extremely difficult for them to continue with the process. Some of you need to think about the larger picture than just them stopping a smoke show! Yea, it stinks, but all it takes is one incident and Speed Inc. is out of business and the Village of Schaumburg is held liable!

Anyway, I noticed several people hoarding pizza like it was their last meal. If it’s for the family, I can respect that, but many of us DIDN’T get any because of people backing up the Brinks truck (so to speak). Once again, no biggy, I had pizza the night before and wasn’t really hungry anyway, so… But you should think about others before dumping an entire 16” pizza on your paper plate.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

yea it was a good event, i think that cops writing BS tickets for things such as no front plates and tints is dumb (go do a drug bust or something) but they are doing there job, and those people knew they were running that risk... thats why i put the front plates on my car , but overall i think speed put on a good event.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ski23
Ya that was my swinging nutz. send me or post up that pic. Your car was sharp blacked out. Definitley a clean ride you have there.
Kind of a shitty pick but You can tell it was your car.... lol (edit) I actually had another better one.....

Old 04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nd4spd22
Kind of a shitty pick but You can tell it was your car.... lol (edit) I actually had another better one.....
I think those are now illegal too. Recent law.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

really... did not know that. It's Ski23's car. I had to take a pic... it was hilarious... Never seen ***** on an F-body. Surprised their not draggin on the ground.. haha.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said Andy.

scramblerman-

I bought the white WS6 in my sig in another state in mid March. a few days after bringing it home I got pulled over by an ******* cop by my office that wrote me 3 moving violations(not warnigns) for little stupid stuff on the car that is legal in the state I bought it from but not in IL(such as window tint). I just hadn't gotten time to take care of it yet, had the bill of sale and tried to explain I was working on getting that stuff handled now that I had it registered so I could get to work and had to go to court anyway, still trying to clear up one of them, I have to go back AGAIN.

so who should I "blame" for that?? you sir, sound like a retard..
seriously take it easy, you aren't going to make any friends on this staff by pushing a dead and dumb issue with a friend/sponsor of ours.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Lol ski you still have those nuts on your car?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RippinZ121
Anyone know what that red camaro ss had done that kept doing burnouts. It was so loud and sounded almost like a supercar. Had dual/dual tips I think?
i think you might be talking about me. i did 3 burnouts. check my sig.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Hey ben.... I have a video of your car... I'll upload it as soon as I can. I have videos/pictures from a couple cars ....But none of MY OWN!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

That thing sounds awesome. Did you just have the cut-out open? Didnt sound like a common f-body to me.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I dont have any pics of my car either haha. It wasnt **** compared to everyone elses though
Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

I dont know if you noticed where I parked at hooters or not but I was all the way at the end. This one kid that always tags along was taking pictures of my car for like 5 minutes. We walked up to the restaruant and turned around, he was still standing by my car all the way on the other side taking pics of it. I was like WTF are you doing... there are soooo many rarer/nicer cars besides mine and you can see my car whenever you pretty much want... Hes a little strange.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Was it dean?

Quick Reply: Speed Inc. Open House